Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any reviews from Tempts this past weekend?

Its hard to say, it was a bit different and a review from me may not be too accurate because I am an old skool tempts/denny fan. It just wasnt the same for me.

The guys at the door in black suit jackets and a red velvet rope.....ahhh..your in seaside, not NYC or South Beach............what are these guys gonna do when its 110 degrees out??

The transvestite stage performers.........com'on now, I hate that shit in any club. IOt doesn't even qualify as a performance, just a bunch of guys/girls/whatever dancin on stage getting paid????

The vip area was pretty nice ,but who wants to sit in Tempts? At least no one I knew back in the day would want to sit, but it was a nice change. Overall the club looks good.

The music was great, Richie had a few skips which must have sucked for him, I felt bad for him, but shit happens.........overall he did good.

Denny played great as far as I'm concerned, but he didnt seem to happy.

I think it is going to do great this year, the staff was very friendly, which was a nice change except for the miserable girl still at the register(why don't she ever smile??)

The promoters seem to know what the todays crowd wants.

but like I said, I am an old skool fan.......I liked it the way it was but all things need change.

QUESTION: did they do something to the sound system, it looks like they moved some stuff around or something plus I think the sound quality wasn't that great........maybe my ears are just shot, but something sounded distorted......who knows.

Its hard to say, it was a bit different and a review from me may not be too accurate because I am an old skool tempts/denny fan. It just wasnt the same for me.

The guys at the door in black suit jackets and a red velvet rope.....ahhh..your in seaside, not NYC or South Beach............what are these guys gonna do when its 110 degrees out??

The transvestite stage performers.........com'on now, I hate that shit in any club. IOt doesn't even qualify as a performance, just a bunch of guys/girls/whatever dancin on stage getting paid????

The vip area was pretty nice ,but who wants to sit in Tempts? At least no one I knew back in the day would want to sit, but it was a nice change. Overall the club looks good.

The music was great, Richie had a few skips which must have sucked for him, I felt bad for him, but shit happens.........overall he did good.

Denny played great as far as I'm concerned, but he didnt seem to happy.

I think it is going to do great this year, the staff was very friendly, which was a nice change except for the miserable girl still at the register(why don't she ever smile??)

The promoters seem to know what the todays crowd wants.

but like I said, I am an old skool fan.......I liked it the way it was but all things need change.

QUESTION: did they do something to the sound system, it looks like they moved some stuff around or something plus I think the sound quality wasn't that great........maybe my ears are just shot, but something sounded distorted......who knows.

i definitly know what you mean about being an old skool fan. i cant say i was a big tempts clubber back then but i did go a good amount of times for a few years and knew what the energy was. im sure this year will be good as well. but as the years go by so does the scene and everyone needs to be up to date with it all to make there loot. its all bussiness. just sucks gettin older sometimes, lol. ill be hittin tempts a few times this year as well. love richies music and the deko's crew partys.

Z

P.S. - wait till you guys see Nikki Beach in AC if anyone takes a ride to check it out. we had our softopening last night and wow. place is fuckin beautiful. nothing in AC will compare.

Do they make you dress up, or can you pretty much wear what you want?

also what is the cover for someone that does not have a VIP and age range between Temps and XS?

Thanks!

Dress how you want but be neat, Tempts is 21 and over always, XS will 18 for ladies on Fridays(besides holidays). E-mail me at joe111774@aol.com if you are ever coming since you dont have a card I will put you on my Guestlist

i definitly know what you mean about being an old skool fan. i cant say i was a big tempts clubber back then but i did go a good amount of times for a few years and knew what the energy was. im sure this year will be good as well. but as the years go by so does the scene and everyone needs to be up to date with it all to make there loot. its all bussiness. just sucks gettin older sometimes, lol. ill be hittin tempts a few times this year as well. love richies music and the deko's crew partys.

Z

P.S. - wait till you guys see Nikki Beach in AC if anyone takes a ride to check it out. we had our softopening last night and wow. place is fuckin beautiful. nothing in AC will compare.

Cool...

When is JP gonna be in Nikkie Beach? do you have the exact date? hopefully around my b-day frist weekend in August

Z

I got that gold vip card, and still haven't gotten it, so I called this chick Cynthia in FL, she said I will overnight one for you to recieve tomorrow for the party tomorrow night or she was going to give me a number or a name to ask for at the door. Looking forward to it. I guess you have dress in all white clothing?????

PS If you ever get news on RHCP, let me know. I think that would be cool to see a band like that on the beach. It would be a rockin time!!! :pint:

I got that gold vip card, and still haven't gotten it, so I called this chick Cynthia in FL, she said I will overnight one for you to recieve tomorrow for the party tomorrow night or she was going to give me a number or a name to ask for at the door. Looking forward to it. I guess you have dress in all white clothing?????

PS If you ever get news on RHCP, let me know. I think that would be cool to see a band like that on the beach. It would be a rockin time!!! :pint:

yes wear all white, pants and shirt. they expect up to 1000 people that night. so will be good. ill be cookin that night as well. also my girlfriend is a server so u can ask for her and ill have her take care of ya a bit. her name is Lauren Labella. u can say to her ur a friend of Jack Z.

Z

Whats w/ the nikki beach thread jacking???? Hit the post button, no need to reply on Tempts thread.....

This site needs more reviews, reviews are the best talking/posting points... grab your package and post.

I'm looking forward to Tempts Sunday for Axel's Bday....

and Stiffy, Im not an old school Tempts person (although my first visit there was in 99), Im on the bandwagon this Mergeless summer.....

Whats w/ the nikki beach thread jacking???? Hit the post button, no need to reply on Tempts thread.....

This site needs more reviews, reviews are the best talking/posting points... grab your package and post.

I'm looking forward to Tempts Sunday for Axel's Bday....

and Stiffy, Im not an old school Tempts person (although my first visit there was in 99), Im on the bandwagon this Mergeless summer.....

seems like not many people where there that post on clubplanet to put a review. i know my brother went and i still have not heard from him either. i know there is probally a differnt vibe with the deko crew in there and sure they will do a good job. ill hit it up soon.

Z

p.s. - Drmoxx not sure whats goin on for july 4th as of now but will post it in the future.

Hey don't get me wrong, it was a great time. Everyone I was with and my self all had a blast, it was just different!!!!!!! I don't know how else to explain it. After going there for years and feeling a certain something and now its all changed, kind of throws you off.

what can be so different about Temps? is it a Mature crowd now? I use to go to Temps back in the day when Temps was owned by Chicagos I believe. Then I stopped going.

Chicago's - lol - you must be as old as me......I use to go to Chicago's too and yeah I remember when they owned Tempts....Franco Iomello was the DJ back then right?

Well, over the past 6 or 7 years Tempts was, well, Tempts.....its not easy to explain, but for those who have been there know what I am talking about.

Chicago's - lol - you must be as old as me......I use to go to Chicago's too and yeah I remember when they owned Tempts....Franco Iomello was the DJ back then right?

Well, over the past 6 or 7 years Tempts was, well, Tempts.....its not easy to explain, but for those who have been there know what I am talking about.

Yes Franco Iomello was the DJ back then, what ever happened to him???? Also I wander what ever happened to Scott Blackwell. Do you remember him.

I really don't want to reveal my age, but lets just say I'm in my 30's now. And love being in the old skool group. I recall when Tempts use to have the Chicagos look as far as the stage setup. How often do you go to Tempts now?

Yes Franco Iomello was the DJ back then, what ever happened to him???? Also I wander what ever happened to Scott Blackwell. Do you remember him.

I really don't want to reveal my age, but lets just say I'm in my 30's now. And love being in the old skool group. I recall when Tempts use to have the Chicagos look as far as the stage setup. How often do you go to Tempts now?

Well I know that Franco married a girl I graduated highschool with and was living in the town I grew up in. No I don't remember the other DJ but I wasn't really into the music or DJ's back then. It didn't seem as if it mattered that much like it does today.

I was going to Tempts every weekend since 99 pretty much, but this summer I will only be making a few trips down the shore...........I too am in my 30's, 34 to be exact, and am finally feeling the age

Well I know that Franco married a girl I graduated highschool with and was living in the town I grew up in. No I don't remember the other DJ but I wasn't really into the music or DJ's back then. It didn't seem as if it mattered that much like it does today.

I was going to Tempts every weekend since 99 pretty much, but this summer I will only be making a few trips down the shore...........I too am in my 30's, 34 to be exact, and am finally feeling the age

Yeah same here, i don't do the club thing I like I used to, but go maybe once a week or every other week. 34 here as well. And your right, as for the DJ's it was not like that like it is today, i don't really care to be honest with you who the DJ is when I go to the club as long as the music is good.

sweetie I wasn't talking about you...you did show up not as much as previous years but you did come support :love: I am not there this year b/c couldn't bare the way things were last year and hate where the blame was placed that's why I quit. It's so weird w/o jersey Joel out front to greet you!!

but I will still go to support my deko friends and denny this summer. I think it will be a good summer for SSH but it will be different from old school tempts....change happens

Your right I didn't come as much last year(you had to throw that in there didn't ya!!!)

Hey you know whats funny? this past saturday when Heather and I were walking around Tempts I said to her, "I feel lost, I feel like I don't know anybody in here" I am no longer the Mayor"....she laughed and said, "oh poor baby"..........they didnt even care who I was at the door.......I was nobody!!!! It was a real blow to the ego........lol

Your right I didn't come as much last year(you had to throw that in there didn't ya!!!)

Hey you know whats funny? this past saturday when Heather and I were walking around Tempts I said to her, "I feel lost, I feel like I don't know anybody in here" I am no longer the Mayor"....she laughed and said, "oh poor baby"..........they didnt even care who I was at the door.......I was nobody!!!! It was a real blow to the ego........lol

yea that is probally the big part. not knowing everyone in there and not having your same chill spot where the crews are at. good times have pasts and good times are still to come.

Z

I haven't posted here in a few years. I was just reading what everyone was saying about Tempts. I am also 30 years old now and married. I was loyal to Tempts from 1997-2002 and I started fading away a little in 2003 and 2004, maybe went 3 or 4 times. Nothing beats 1998, I think everyone knew everyone who knew someone in there... No matter what part of the club you were in, you always knew someone. I remember stage diving when Feel It would come on, water being thrown like sprinklers in mid-July. I had so many great memories in that place. Some that I will keep with me forever, and some I wish I could forget :) I could go on and on about the wonderful memories I have had there and some of the greatest people I have met along the way. Now, it is a new generation of people coming in. I am sure this generation feels exactly how we did back then when we first stepped into the club. Even though times have changed, new people and different dee-jays, I am sure this new generation will have just as much fun as we did. I will leave with this, I will never look back and regret anything I did, I am so glad we had a huge impact on the scene and made it a great place to be in..

Tony