Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EdgarV/Nocturnal

sgtfury

Marco,

I don't think you got Nick's point with regard to Edgar. it's fairly apparent Edgar has a following; the point is his following is not big enough to support a weekly party. yes, after-hours needs to be promoted aggressively. conversely, you can not lead an after-hours with a trance only format with a local DJ. the after-hours format needs to be high energy, with a deeper and more varied mix of music i.e. trance, tech house, hard house, tech, etc. otherwise people simply will not stay in that room. you want proof ?? walk into the mainroom at Space at 5:00am, the room is almost always rocking. in fact go into any after-hours club in the US, and you will see the music is varied. Edgar is fully capable of varying the beats, and I sincerely hope that he will. Edgar has this title of Trance DJ which I think is very limiting, because I know Edgar can play anything and has more dance music knowledge then half these 20k plus a night DJ’s running around.

With regard to Aquabooty I think that is a good lead in to the rooftop, but I most certainly would prefer something more as the morning moves forward.

I was not contradicting Saleen ... I was being ironic ... no local Dj can pack a new place on his own. Why expect Edgar to do so?

In short ... I agree with you.

edgar is extremely versatile dj and varies it up during his sets

he can throw down a great house set which can make even the serious trancer get up and dance ; ) and of course we all know fabulous his trance sets are but his afterhour sets - that's when things get crazy!

i commend ogmiami for stepping up and taking blame for a serious lack of promotion and admire him for promising to make it better.

i hope to be there to support edgar the next time he is at nocturnal and as you can see from the number of pages and hits on this thread - alot of people will be there as well.

I was not contradicting Saleen ... I was being ironic ... no local Dj can pack a new place on his own. Why expect Edgar to do so?

In short ... I agree with you.

think about Space when it opened with a relatively unknown local DJ named Edgar V. the place was packed... :) however the situation is different now, as the dynamics of the game have changed.

think about Space when it opened with a relatively unknown local DJ named Edgar V. the place was packed... :) however the situation is different now, as the dynamics of the game have changed.

actually tony space sucked ass for a few weeks untill the club was more promoted ;) then , the place went to the sky :D

Marco,

I don't think you got Nick's point with regard to Edgar. it's fairly apparent Edgar has a following; the point is his following is not big enough to support a weekly party. yes, after-hours needs to be promoted aggressively. conversely, you can not lead an after-hours with a trance only format with a local DJ. the after-hours format needs to be high energy, with a deeper and more varied mix of music i.e. trance, tech house, hard house, tech, etc. otherwise people simply will not stay in that room. you want proof ?? walk into the mainroom at Space at 5:00am, the room is almost always rocking. in fact go into any after-hours club in the US, and you will see the music is varied. Edgar is fully capable of varying the beats, and I sincerely hope that he will. Edgar has this title of Trance DJ which I think is very limiting, because I know Edgar can play anything and has more dance music knowledge then half these 20k plus a night DJ’s running around.

With regard to Aquabooty I think that is a good lead in to the rooftop, but I most certainly would prefer something more as the morning moves forward.

even tho tony , i do agree with you about alot of things in your post , ill also have to disagree with you on some others as well . i dont think packing a club has anything to do really with a following in this city .. unfortunately like musicislife guy said , this town is full of sheeeeep !!! people will just go wherever the crowd goes and you need to tell them a million times untill they finally check it out. a perfect example is when oscar left space and cedric took over . dude !! cedric ?? wtf ?? and he has the same people going that oscar g had !! people still go cause its space and if space makes a resident out of a dj , its cause hes GOT TO BE a great one to them . as long as he plays alot of the same records oscar did , most of the place wont even know oscars gone .. unfortunately thats the way it is . no dj in miami has a following to fill a club IMO . the club has to be the main reason these people are gonna go in this city . so PROMOTION is the #1 key here . this isnt crobar , or opium etc etc where it will get packed any night just cause there is traffic and people can clearly see the place and just walk in if they are dressed nice enough. this is downtown .. a place full of bumms that needs to be promoted vigerously or it will fail drastically . you cant just count on any local dj's popularity or fan base to fill any club IMO . wont happen .

actually tony space sucked ass for a few weeks untill the club was more promoted ;) then , the place went to the sky :D
Space was packed from the point they changed DJ's from David Padilla to Edgar, and started to aggressively promote. people talk a lot of Sh*t about LP, but that mofo knows how to promote.

Space was packed from the point they changed DJ's from David Padilla to Edgar, and started to aggressively promote. people talk a lot of Sh*t about LP, but that mofo knows how to promote.

i definately agree about luis P comment ..

even tho tony , i do agree with you about alot of things in your post , ill also have to disagree with you on some others as well . i dont think packing a club has anything to do really with a following in this city .. unfortunately like musicislife guy said , this town is full of sheeeeep !!! people will just go wherever the crowd goes and you need to tell them a million times untill they finally check it out. a perfect example is when oscar left space and cedric took over . dude !! cedric ?? wtf ?? and he has the same people going that oscar g had !! people still go cause its space and if space makes a resident out of a dj , its cause hes GOT TO BE a great one to them . as long as he plays alot of the same records oscar did , most of the place wont even know oscars gone .. unfortunately thats the way it is . no dj in miami has a following to fill a club IMO . the club has to be the main reason these people are gonna go in this city . so PROMOTION is the #1 key here . this isnt crobar , or opium etc etc where it will get packed any night just cause there is traffic and people can clearly see the place and just walk in if they are dressed nice enough. this is downtown .. a place full of bumms that needs to be promoted vigerously or it will fail drastically . you cant just count on any local dj's popularity or fan base to fill any club IMO . wont happen .
I never said packing a club had to do with a following.specifically what I said was "it's fairly apparent Edgar has a following; the point is his following is not big enough to support a weekly party. You can not lead an after-hours with a trance only format with a local DJ. the after-hours format needs to be high energy, with a deeper and more varied mix of music i.e. trance, tech house, hard house, tech, etc. otherwise people simply will not stay in that room." I'm not a Cedric fan, but he does what he needs to do to keep people in that mainroom until almost 9am.

Is all about timing ... the 24 hour 1st club in downtown ... no competition, so it has had 5 YEARS to build a client base ... hook up and set the price for DJs in town, etc ...

Props to LP ... I always wondered if he gave up too fast with Spin. Or is it the 24 hour license the key.

Is all about timing ... the 24 hour 1st club in downtown ... no competition, so it has had 5 YEARS to build a client base ... hook up and set the price for DJs in town, etc ...

Props to LP ... I always wondered if he gave up too fast with Spin. Or is it the 24 hour license the key.

your correct it's about timing. also note LP has been able to remain standing, even after other players entered the game. business is about competition as I'm sure you know... if you want a be player you have to be able to play the game, with some foresight and aggressiveness. carve your niche in the market and run with it! otherwise your competition will sit back wait until you fail, and continue moving forward.

Spin imo was a waste of time; the beach is mess musically...why waste the time and money, when you have formula that works for you downtown?? :)

I never said packing a club had to do with a following.specifically what I said was "it's fairly apparent Edgar has a following; the point is his following is not big enough to support a weekly party. You can not lead an after-hours with a trance only format with a local DJ. the after-hours format needs to be high energy, with a deeper and more varied mix of music i.e. trance, tech house, hard house, tech, etc. otherwise people simply will not stay in that room." I'm not a Cedric fan, but he does what he needs to do to keep people in that mainroom until almost 9am.

thats what im trying to say .. the switch from oscar to cedric was krucial and noone noticed .. or how can you tell me that cedric compares to oscar ? point is .. its mostly about the club and whose going . not about whose playing and how good or bad the music really is . cedric is playing most of the records oscar would.. has nothing to do with a following or anything .

thats what im trying to say .. the switch from oscar to cedric was krucial and noone noticed .. or how can you tell me that cedric compares to oscar ? point is .. its mostly about the club and whose going . not about whose playing and how good or bad the music really is . cedric is playing most of the records oscar would.. has nothing to do with a following or anything .

BLAH!

House music all night long, House music all night long. House musicedric bores me all night long.

;)

Cedric was brought in to replace OG, since OG wants to spend more time on the road. if I where a DJ I would follow the same formula that worked for OG, while interjecting a bit of my own style. that's what Cedric has done. you are very wrong, if you think it's strictly about the club. it's about the club, understanding what music format works and when, and then bringing a DJ in that can deliver the goods. I can walk into Space any weekend and the mainroom is packed until roughly about 8am, and the terrace is packed from 6am on. you honestly think people would pack the mainroom and terrace at Space ,if the music was really that bad?? LP has a formula that works for him... believe me I want nocturnal to be a success, because I want more then one choice for clubbing downtown. :)

:laugh: :laugh: sorry...

well I had to do some work there a week ago and talk about POOR management.

No Sound Guy,

No one knew A from B

No one knew how to hook up the DJ COnsole... doesn't take a Rocket Major.

The Building was open with staff but no managers.

Its so sad, that building is nice and big, get the right owner there and you can turn it into $$$. Thing I noticed in this club owner world down here, they are all doing it for the wrong reasons, $$$$$$$.

Now take a close look at some of the clubs that have lasted time and changes, you have to give some credit to them.

- :)

Back to the topic at hand. In my opinion, if Nocturnal is planning to have Stryke and Edgar V. on the same night, I would think Edgar would be better from 11-4 and Stryke for afterhours, regardless of whether it's main room or patio. The "open format" room should be left to hip-hop or alternative and maybe close early. :D