Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiësto @ Crobar, Sun 6/5

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Sunday, June 5, 2005

Main Room: DJ Tiësto

For one night only, crobar New York presents the undisputed #1 DJ in the

world: TIËSTO!

Highly regarded by both DJ Magazine and ultra-loyal fans all over the world, DJ Tiësto, due in part to his legendary six-hour, energetic live sets, has been elevated to mythical status as one of the world's foremost trance DJs. Tiësto partnered with Arny Bink and, in late 1997, started Black Hole Recordings for both his Space Age and revered Magik series (volume seven hit during the summer of 2001).

Black Hole also brought the world the first mix compilations from artists such as Ferry Corsten, Johan Gielen, and Armin Van Buuren, and introduced yet another prized series called In Trance We Trust. Summerbreeze marked Tiësto's U.S. debut, a mix album that showcased his remix of Delerium's "Silence" (featuring Sarah McLachlan) - an epic 11 1/2 minute tour de force and continues to remain one of the most influential tracks of the progressive dance era. As the anointed purveyor of exuberant layered soundscapes, Tiësto has churned out female-fueled remixes that span the gamut, including tracks by Chicane, Leigh Nash of Sixpence None the Richer (on Delerium "Innocente") and Faithless. Several tasty treats of re-workings of SuReal's "You Take My Breath Away," Kosheen on their club smash "Hide U," Dave Matthews Band "The Space Between" and a blistering exploration on the theme from A Clockwork Orange. Clockwork it seems to be as Tiësto's star continues to shine bright.

November 2001 saw the release of In My Memory (Nettwerk), his first artist album that mixes original compositions-turned club anthems ("Flight 643") with more commercial fare, as evidenced on the title track with vocals by Mandalay's Nicola Hitchcock. April 2002 kept his catalog expanding with the release of the third installment of Tiësto's hypnotically elegant, Ibiza-influenced and aptly named mix compilation entitled In Search of Sunrise. At crobar TIËSTO tours his new album, In Search of Sunrise 4 for Latin America.

Doors 9pm

$40 advance / $50 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=12898&ref=cp

LEGENDARY 6 HR SET? What a joke, i guess hes never heard of LARRY LEVANS legendary 16hr sets, RON HARDY 72hr sets (thast right 72hrs), TIMMY REGISFORDS 14HR sets. JUNIOR VASQUEZ 12 hr sets and more. DANNY TENAGLIA 15hr sets and more, EVEN johnathan peters 12PLUS HRS OF MUSIC And who can forget PAUL JOKENFOLD ultra legendary 2 hr sets,LOL. But noooooooo the #1 dj mr CHEESIESTOS (by popular demand and not skill of course) plays 6 hrs, GEE WHIZ who can ever play like that. Comejune 5th i'll be at DEEP hearing DANNY KRIVIT who has been djing for 34yrs now, (lets see if trance and mr t have that type of longetivity one day) for the 718 sessions.

Now that i have vented, let me just say those who go, ENJOY YOURSELVES AND HAVE FUN, dont mind my comments.

nobody minds your comments - we all know what you like and what you don't.

It's like me going to Britney Spears fan club and telling them that Britney sucks....I am sure they really care what I think.

People like Tiesto because he is Tiesto and not DT or Timmy Regisford.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people into classical music or jazz that would consider ANY type of EDM to be nothing more but noise - enjoy your electronic noise Silverbull.

nobody minds your comments - we all know what you like and what you don't.

It's like me going to Britney Spears fan club and telling them that Britney sucks....I am sure they really care what I think.

People like Tiesto because he is Tiesto and not DT or Timmy Regisford.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people into classical music or jazz that would consider ANY type of EDM to be nothing more but noise - enjoy your electronic noise Silverbull.

Hey PCR, what's going on?

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Sunday, June 5, 2005

Main Room: DJ Tiësto

For one night only, crobar New York presents the undisputed #1 DJ in the

world: TIËSTO!

Highly regarded by both DJ Magazine and ultra-loyal fans all over the world, DJ Tiësto, due in part to his legendary six-hour, energetic live sets, has been elevated to mythical status as one of the world's foremost trance DJs. Tiësto partnered with Arny Bink and, in late 1997, started Black Hole Recordings for both his Space Age and revered Magik series (volume seven hit during the summer of 2001).

Black Hole also brought the world the first mix compilations from artists such as Ferry Corsten, Johan Gielen, and Armin Van Buuren, and introduced yet another prized series called In Trance We Trust. Summerbreeze marked Tiësto's U.S. debut, a mix album that showcased his remix of Delerium's "Silence" (featuring Sarah McLachlan) - an epic 11 1/2 minute tour de force and continues to remain one of the most influential tracks of the progressive dance era. As the anointed purveyor of exuberant layered soundscapes, Tiësto has churned out female-fueled remixes that span the gamut, including tracks by Chicane, Leigh Nash of Sixpence None the Richer (on Delerium "Innocente") and Faithless. Several tasty treats of re-workings of SuReal's "You Take My Breath Away," Kosheen on their club smash "Hide U," Dave Matthews Band "The Space Between" and a blistering exploration on the theme from A Clockwork Orange. Clockwork it seems to be as Tiësto's star continues to shine bright.

November 2001 saw the release of In My Memory (Nettwerk), his first artist album that mixes original compositions-turned club anthems ("Flight 643") with more commercial fare, as evidenced on the title track with vocals by Mandalay's Nicola Hitchcock. April 2002 kept his catalog expanding with the release of the third installment of Tiësto's hypnotically elegant, Ibiza-influenced and aptly named mix compilation entitled In Search of Sunrise. At crobar TIËSTO tours his new album, In Search of Sunrise 4 for Latin America.

Doors 9pm

$40 advance / $50 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=12898&ref=cp

Can Tiesto...DJ in NYC on a night where people don't have to work the next day?

NOBODY GOES OUT ON SUNDAY? Since when theres like 7 parties or more every sun with good music good crowd good dancers, adn keeps some of the riff raffs away as well. Al thruout the night parties from 6till 12 7 till 2 11 till6, 1am to 12pm monday afternoon. People do party on suns.

Now that i have vented, let me just say those who go, ENJOY YOURSELVES AND HAVE FUN, dont mind my comments.

Uhhhh let me guess,

you have no money or have one to give you comps asshole.

oops, you have no other outfit then that 1976 - 1999 black outfit

oops, save some money and go.

LEGENDARY 6 HR SET? What a joke, i guess hes never heard of LARRY LEVANS legendary 16hr sets, RON HARDY 72hr sets (thast right 72hrs), TIMMY REGISFORDS 14HR sets. JUNIOR VASQUEZ 12 hr sets and more. DANNY TENAGLIA 15hr sets and more, EVEN johnathan peters 12PLUS HRS OF MUSIC And who can forget PAUL JOKENFOLD ultra legendary 2 hr sets,LOL. But noooooooo the #1 dj mr CHEESIESTOS (by popular demand and not skill of course) plays 6 hrs, GEE WHIZ who can ever play like that. Comejune 5th i'll be at DEEP hearing DANNY KRIVIT who has been djing for 34yrs now, (lets see if trance and mr t have that type of longetivity one day) for the 718 sessions.

shut the fuck up hobbit...ur list is a joke and so are u...kill urself...

:hey::hey::what:

oh god... another one of these posts... it's a been a while...

I love how you kiddies get into these arguments. This is cool, this is not, this is cheese blah, blah blah, Shut the fuck up. Its cheese to you but great to someone else. So if you're at Tiesto enjoy it and if you dislike him there's no need to rip on people that disagree with you. :vomit2:

Tiesto is my favorite but i dont like the crowd too much at the clubs when there is trance because it is young but I love the music and you could be any age and love good music! but it doesnt stop me from goingto hear tiesto except for tonite since i have work tomorrow :( sucks on a sunday!

great point cubano but i guess you missed my last 2 sentences in my original post.

Silverbull I wasn't just pointing you out. Just everyone in general in the board. Hey I might not like what you like but there's not reason for me to bash you. Anyways Enjoy to whoever goes. :pint: As long as you have fun that's what counts. :pint: