Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nice DJ set up

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice

i have that same sampler he has next to the efx :)

no CDJ's ?

ISNT THAT CALLED A C-LOOP OR SOMETHIGN ??

NAH NO CDJ'S YET...THEM THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE AREN'T THEY ?

AND THEN HE WOUDL HAVE TO CHANGE THE WHOLE CONSOLE TO HAVE THE CDJ'S...THEY ARE FRIGGIN HUGE ...

yea thats a cycloops, shit is dopeness

yea CDJs are fucking enourmous but well worth it. I've been converting my whole vinyl collection to CD since i've got mine. Love them!

if price is an issuse tell him to get the CDJ 800's.......they do the SAME EXACT THINGS as the 1000's and drop the pricetag by like 400 bucks EACH

that's a pretty hot looking setup.

im thinking of getting this stand, moving into a new place soon and will finally have room for a real stand. anyone have any experience with vestax shit, i haven't seen this thing in real life yet.

Vestax%20Tuntable%20Stand.JPG

the only thing is, i'll probably get some cd decks in the future and don't know where i would put them. hmm...

yea thats a cycloops, shit is dopeness

yea CDJs are fucking enourmous but well worth it. I've been converting my whole vinyl collection to CD since i've got mine. Love them!

if price is an issuse tell him to get the CDJ 800's.......they do the SAME EXACT THINGS as the 1000's and drop the pricetag by like 400 bucks EACH

nah money is def nto the issue as you can see from that set up he got ...

he prob did nto bother to get them cause that is a custom made console....and without the denon ...he would have the empty spaces there...

cdj's def seems to be the hotness...

i know whenever we do parties for boris....we make the club get them if they do not have them .......

me not being a dj ....I could care less...as lng as you keep me moving on the dance floor.....lol

im thinking of getting this stand, moving into a new place soon and will finally have room for a real stand. anyone have any experience with vestax shit, i haven't seen this thing in real life yet.

the only thing is, i'll probably get some cd decks in the future and don't know where i would put them. hmm...

if you plan on gettign decks..I woudl nto go with that ..

they make coffins ...that can fit a rane mp 24 (i think) and a cd decks ..wiht the front cut out ..for the cd to open

ii just seen it at BLVD last week..

you can get that whole coffin and set it up on a house table and be all good....but they also sell stands for the coffin ..

I usually go to LOVE music in NEW rochelle to buy equip..

i am not a Dj ..but I often help clubs that I throw parties at ...get new equip ..so they look professional ...lol

i understand why he wouldnt get them. that console must have been expensive to built. I love my turntables too. i still buy records. i just burn them onto CD when i get them now. my vinyls will last forever since i dont really use them anymore. CDJ 1000 is the standard in the clubs now. i dunno why they are so much more expensive though.....the only thing they have over the CDJ 800 is that the buttons are metal, has a memory to store Cue points off the CD and has a little hard drive to save the cue points. not worth the extra 400 a unit if you ask me but whatever :)

I've used them before and I don't really like the way the feel. There isn't anything wrong with them. They are a solid tables, pitch control is pretty responsive, etc. Probably just me but I could never get used to them.

i understand why he wouldnt get them. that console must have been expensive to built. I love my turntables too. i still buy records. i just burn them onto CD when i get them now. my vinyls will last forever since i dont really use them anymore. CDJ 1000 is the standard in the clubs now. i dunno why they are so much more expensive though.....the only thing they have over the CDJ 800 is that the buttons are metal, has a memory to store Cue points off the CD and has a little hard drive to save the cue points. not worth the extra 400 a unit if you ask me but whatever :)

that console prob ran him 1000 to 1500 or so ...he is good friends with the guy from love music who builds these things...

but he offered to build one in this club i do ..for about $1000...shit si solid...metal plated over solid woodd and shit ....no cheap shit

dont the cdj 1000's have the DVD capability for that projection mixing shit ...that sander klienberg does..

i do not think the 800's have that ??

but then again ...I am far from any type of expert on this .....

i played around with the DVJ-X1 at the Dj convention down in atlantic city this year. let me tell you.......those things are fuckign amazing. and if you got the money and time like a big name such as sander does........they have programs for your computer that you can put together sound and video together to make the total club experience.....i didnt know what the fuck i was doing but you could fade in, out of a movie scene, effects, slow motion, anything you can think of doing to a video, those machines can do......much props to pioneer for pushing the limits. :bowdown:

i was fucking around with my friends numark cd tables and they were kinda fun.. they had built-in efx which sounded hot but they were hard to bring back in to the track without it sounding choppy... i eventually wanna grab a cdj but money is kinda tight so ill stick with the technics for now.. the cd tables make it so easy to scratch it's unbelievable.. no skippage whatsoever but scratching sint really my thing so...

i dunno if anyone can help me but i saw morillo do an instore appearance at virgin... he sampled the lyrics from dancing.. he pretty much sampled the line "you told me to meet you here" but the way he did it he took each word and it kinda stuck and then would repeat but get so fast to the point where it just becomes a staticy droning noise then he would drop in a nice bassline fo another track... my question is..

1) im nto sure how he got that effect to be repeated so perfectly and crisply that it kept gaining speed until the point where it became a metallic drone.. while he was doing it he was slowly moving the dial on the cdj.. i dunno i just cant explain it... does the actual table dial that you use for cueing effect the samples stored on the tables?? bc the way he was moving the cd dial it looked as if he had complete control over the echo effect..

i tried doing it on my friends numark and sampled the lyric and then i was fucking with the pitch (the pitch on the numark goes up to+/-100) but it sounded like ass.. ehh does anybody know what it is i saw??

sounds to me like he looped that part of "dancin" and then fucked around with it on the EFX......flanger perhaps? dunno i dont use a EFX i have a kaoss pad

might have had the acapella too.....would actually make more sense, but who knows how he did it. lots of different techniques

sounds to me like he looped that part of "dancin" and then fucked around with it on the EFX......flanger perhaps? dunno i dont use a EFX i have a kaoss pad

might have had the acapella too.....would actually make more sense, but who knows how he did it. lots of different techniques

i know what you're saying but it was weird because the way he was slightly pushing forward the dial on the table the echo was going along with it... it completely blew my mind.. im not even sure what a flanger is.. lol i always thought cd tables were kinda corny until i saw that..

What you guys are talking about is a feature called “master tempoâ€.. it allows you to keep the pitch the same for whatever is being played while increasing the tempo..

When you use it on a turntable or cd player that goes all the way to +/- 100, you can get some really sweet effects out of it..