• Groovejet
    • Level
    • Space
    • Crobar
    • Nerve
    • Lola
    • Nocturnal
    • Salvation

First major Kryogenifx in miami, i beleive... fkn awesome!

Comin out of the mix at 11ish AM to a hot and sunny washington ave...

........to a pletherer of flyers that decorated the sidewalks........priceless indeed!!!

There was something magical about Groove Jet that has not been matched by any club in the past 15 years...no matter how much luxury or hype invested, the place had coolness exhulting from every corner...the fabrics hangin' from the ceilings, the darkness of the dancefloor, the vibe...it's hard to grasp but when a place has "it" explanations are always hard to find.

Nice thread Marco! :cool:

i think you forgot one ................. " The Mix " :)

The Mix wasn't really a "club"...I thought of it more as rocket to Saturn... :eek:

still, much loving memories of the little legendary joint that could...my official introduction to EDM :biggrin:

Remember the huge-low lying-off center disco ball at The Mix? And...the old guy behind the window..who was he anyway? a relative of an owner?

I remember going out on a friday night, stopping only to shower at my apt on the beach, and not stopping 'til about sunday 9 pm or so.. you had the club, then afterhours, then after-after hours at the beach alllllll day! Debaucherous heaven! :bowdown:

Groove Jet through and through, it even beats out the Club @ The Firestone, which we know most Old Skoolers hold in the highest esteem....

The Firestone was great, but Groove Jet in it's heyday was the most fun I've ever had....

I still remember all those unannounced Sasha, Nick Warren, Jimmy van M showings ALL THE TIME...

let's not forget it boasted some of the best conferences to date...Slacker live was amazing! Be Yourself, Renaissance.. the list goes on and on

The Firestone was great, but Groove Jet in it's heyday was the most fun I've ever had....

I still remember all those unannounced Sasha, Nick Warren, Jimmy van M showings ALL THE TIME...

let's not forget it boasted some of the best conferences to date...Slacker live was amazing! Be Yourself, Renaissance.. the list goes on and on

AGREED! :aright:

Groovejet rawked this town for a WHILE! Some of miami's Best and most intimate dj sets were played there...

Awesome Thread, btw!!! :bowdown:

.-:smoke:

great thread marco :aright:

hmm I'm gonna have to think on this... I had great memories at all.. especially the warsaw, the old space, the old liquid and salvation.. i think i went to salvation the most out of all ironically..

but i think i'm going to vote on........... old liquid.... omg i had so much fun there... wrecked :screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy:

Crobar

For the 2 years I lived there, It was consistent and very good talent. I like the vibe in the VIP area, plus the Ultra VIP is good also.

The door can be a bitch sometimes, but after you learn the system its cool.

I think I had some of my best nights there for Edgar, Josh Wink, RF, Bruno, Matt Martinez. It has a good vibe and you know they are doing weel when they keep opening new locations

How Can You Fools Forget Warsaw ................?

You are right, did consider it thou ... at the same time, only 10 options could go on the poll.

From back in the days ... The mix, which I spaced out on and should had included, Chilli Pepper, the Spot, The Cameo :eek:, etc etc

Or from nowadays, Opium, Nikki, Mansion, Amika, etc, etc