Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone still play ad&d

frodo

Originally posted by lolly:

what is ad&d??

cwm6.gif

We're no longer ad&d geeks, we've found the clubplanet message boards!!!!!

- Pete

cool.gif

Fuck I rolled my 20 sided Virtual Reality Die and the Paladin Ranger just kicked my ass and took away 30 hit points.

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: Liquids Thurs, Dec 7th 10pm - 1am

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html</A>

My new web site...Version 1

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 12-05-2000).]

Originally posted by vj604:

ugh..my roommate here plays...he goes and dresses the part and acts it out...just think when all of you are at vinyl and twilo around 6 am.....on saturday..my roommate is playing ad&d....

thats the funny shit i ever heard.

------------------

"I want my two dollars!"

ugh..my roommate here plays...he goes and dresses the part and acts it out...just think when all of you are at vinyl and twilo around 6 am.....on saturday..my roommate is playing ad&d....

At my old art school, lot of people were still playing d&d...including the teachers...some of them in their late 30's and late 40's...and they're still single.

They asked me once to interact in a dress up D&D role playing game...I had to say no because I have a life.

------------------

maybe someday is when it all stops or maybe someday always comes again...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

All of the people I've ever known who participated in that were kinda... um... strange... cwm13.gif

Role playing in the bedroom I can understand... role playing pretending to be sorcerers and wolves and skeletons in public over the age of 12 I can't... cwm31.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

Look..i am going to see scott henry, christopher lawrence, Dieselboy and icey this weekend..where is the roommate going? Next door dressed as a knight and a dragon ( he s got two roles this time)...when i come home cracked out at 7 am...he will too.....its not funny, he takes it very seriously, if he saw me write this he would be very annoyed..hehehe its hilarious..his role playing buddies come dressed in togas and as sorcerors to come get him before game time....i told him to try a club once but he doesnt like it....the rest of us have lives i think...

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

Look..i am going to see scott henry, christopher lawrence, Dieselboy and icey this weekend..where is the roommate going? Next door dressed as a knight and a dragon ( he s got two roles this time)...when i come home cracked out at 7 am...he will too.....its not funny, he takes it very seriously, if he saw me write this he would be very annoyed..hehehe its hilarious..his role playing buddies come dressed in togas and as sorcerors to come get him before game time....i told him to try a club once but he doesnt like it....the rest of us have lives i think...

When I graduated art school...I still hung out with some friends frorm school who did the exact same thing your roommate and his friends are doing...I was the only sane one and I started to hit parties and clubs again after a long break...they were shocked and said that people who go to clubs and raves are freaks...but I was a god to them because I had girls for friends. biggrin.gif

------------------

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Hehehe... many people I know secretly play all kinds of stuff... D&D, C&C, etc.

Me, don't have the time... I'm still trying to figure out what the fawk life is all about.

What's C&C??

------------------

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by lolly:

what is ad&d??

cwm6.gif

Hi. D&D is an acronym for Dungeons and Dungeons. It's a fantasy Board game they play with card, Dice, etc. It involves wizards (magic), elfs, swordsman, Dragons, scorcerer's and it can be very addictive. There is a movie based on this opening this Friday. The trailer looks awesome but we shall see.

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

What's C&C??

Command and Conquer... I was addicted to the shit when it first came out...

Fuck that... you're never too old to play them... I just don't do it cause I don't have the time anymore... I was also into Starcraft and Quake II and III...

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

while i never was really into d&d, that kind of stuff really fascinates me. i used to play this game called war hammer in college. d&d was a little too geeky for me but to each their own.

war hammer was like this giant table top war, a larger scale of axis and allies. i really miss those days. i still have all my armies in a closet somewhere.

most of you guys have to admit, all of this gaming stuff whether it be sports, board games, computer games, etc. is what makes guys guys (well at least the little boy in each of us).

while i would rather go clubbing more times than not, there are those nights i just want to play poker with the guys or even a good old game of war hammer for old times sake cwm17.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

Live life to the fullest... Enjoy every minute of every day. Don't run the rat-race of life... if you do, your life will have passed you by but you'll still be a rat.

Why play the good ol' paper-and-pen version when you can play Neverwinter Nights ( http://www.neverwinternights.com )? It's based on the new, official AD&D Version 3 rule set and will be an online, highly customizable MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game).

All the best things about AD&D, all the best things about Net gaming.... what more could you ask for (besides a pony)?

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

i don't play any of these, haven't since i discovered girls actually, but i recall having fun back in the day. whatever floats your boat is cool with me, but i couldn't help thinking how much fun the imposters are going to have with this one. el oh el

be cool

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Originally posted by wizard:

i don't play any of these, haven't since i discovered girls actually, but i recall having fun back in the day. whatever floats your boat is cool with me, but i couldn't help thinking how much fun the imposters are going to have with this one. el oh el

be cool

stephen

No way man, the transformer guys are LOADS funner and geekier.

Bigbot

Originally posted by wizard:

be cool

stephen

Thanks

Never could manage to act my age thou

And imposters O GOD CAN NOT LIVE IF SOMEONE IS MAKING FUN OF ME

SIGN

thick

skin&

skull

i guess its time for me to come out of the geek closet. my name is sir d and i am a D&D player.

three or four of my buddies come to my apt every wed. we order take out food and totally geek out. i really dont like D&D that much anymore (tho the new 3rd ed rules are pretty slick) so we often play other games (board games, card games, a game of poker sometimes).

ok, its totally geeky, i know. however, i find it theraputic to set one night aside *every week* to do something that does not involve any problems, involves interaction with my friends, and allows us to act like teenagers again. its a great hump-day break. totally mellow and even a bit creative.

besides that, my friends and i are computer geeks too. as we keep getting together, we have started working on writing our own computer games. who knows, maybe someday we can quit working for other ppl (supporting business uses of computers) and start our own company!

------------------

i love music!

Guest crystalmethodny

I actually want to see the movie, since I love fantasy flicks like Willow, The Princess Bride, Excalibur, etc...

Maybe I'll go dressed as an ancient wizard DJ who flings magic Vinyl at you... causing you to fall into a k-hole.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

I also found in my parents basement the original Dungeon Masters Guide...wonder how much it's wornth nowadays.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: Liquids Thurs, Dec 7th 10pm - 1am

*NEW* Fri. Dec 8th @ Cream 10-12:30 opening up for Justin Time and Russ Reign

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html</A>

My new web site...Version 1

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com