Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj or venue?

Guest ill house you

i have to agree with peete on that point, i know how i am but you can never tell how other people feel...there are a lot of times when i DJ, for example, Cheetah/Ohm/Sound Factory and people will say "oh your djing there,mmm ill try and make it but you know how much i hate it there, but good luck"

so it's understandable, not everyone can put up with the other elements just to hear good music...everyones different ya know...

-Mac

Well I will also have to say the music first, I don' t give a fuck who the dj is , if the music is good and gets me moving. IMO. If i go to a club and they change the dj, i'll still go there to see how the next is, if the next dj sucks, well i am out.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

1. DJ

2. Vibe & Crowd attitude

3. Venue

Of course this list is subject to change depending on the night and degree to which one either is really good or really sucks......in other words, some DJs will draw me anywhere while some Venues will never get my money.......regardless of the rest!

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

I used to think just music, music, music... and yes 99.99% of the time it's all about the music... BUT --

I ain't about to dress up in a monkey suit and shoes to go heah my music, so I can be uncomfortable as hell not be able to dance at all, can't dance in shoes or all dressed up... wtf is the point in that... I might as well listen to my cds at home in that case. I like the freedom to dress the most comfortable way when I hit the floor and sweat like a pig.

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

People in US try to make money off of everything thats why the venues around the world are nicer, and Americans as a whole are distructive by nature so it doesnt take long for us to f..k a nice place up.(and I dont mean everyone, just a group of individuals that give everyone a bad name)

Originally posted by dv8:

DJ!!!!!!

Without a doubt. I have yet to find a venue in New York City that matched the beauty of the clubs I saw while overseas, even the real posh clubs and lounges I've been too in NY are nothing in terms of looks compared to the FREE clubs I went to overseas. Nevertheless, NY has the BEST club scene, Why? CAUSE THE MUSIC & VIBE IS UNMATCHED!!!!!!!!

A club without a good DJ is like sex without orgasm. (yes, unfortunately it happens, ask the women.)

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.pharaoh1.com/images/pharaoh.gif" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.pharaoh1.com/images/pharaoh.gif</A>

I'd have to say that it really doesn't matter how good the DJ is if the sound system blows...

I'm sorry, put Carl Cox in Twirl, and he's still gonna be playing on a home theatre system...

I'm sure people would still come cause of his name and all, but I doubt they'd get much out of it...

Ever been in a club where the system was sooo bad you couldn't even tell if the DJ's beat mixes were on point?

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Thursdays - Plush, LI

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Arena, Albany NY

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

THE DJ THE MUSIC AND ME>>>>

But the venue does matter... I dont care what it looks like or anything like that, but you cant get the full appreciation of DT on a pair of radio shack speakers... So of course the music first, but the vibe and soundsystem (not the actual club) come 2nd...

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

well first i must say

S P O O N Y D ! ! !

but i have to say we were expected to choose one over the other, and i would rather be somewhere where the dj is amazing and the venue is shitty than where the venue is beautiful and the dj sucks. i mean look at raves . . . middle of nowhere, a bunch of cracked out people - but a good dj lineup and i'm there.

and if spoony d and peeeeeeete are spinnin' i'll go hang out *whereever* wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by russ reign:

I'd have to say that it really doesn't matter how good the DJ is if the sound system blows...

Ever been in a club where the system was sooo bad you couldn't even tell if the DJ's beat mixes were on point?

Oh god yes.

And I couldn't believe it. This club in LI on the water, under a tent -oh Bridgeview.

no bottom end whatsoever, it honestly felt like I was listening to AM radio while trying to "feel" hard house like SM TRAX Got the Groove.

Like: sex with condom vs sex WITHOUT condom.

BIG difference!

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!