Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I just got my yearly review and a raise but I need advice!!

The review was excellent, the raise sucks. I know I should've addressed it right then but I was caught a little off-guard considering this wasn't supposed to happen until next week. Point is I know I'm busting my ass to keep this place running smoothly and I feel I deserve more money. I need to grow so balls tell them I want more moolah but how do I do this??? I'm a pussy!!!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

Straight out say that you feel as though you deserve more of a raise. Say that money isn't everything, but that this will be a total distraction and you really want to get this out of the way before the New Year.

Good luck..

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

Originally posted by uknjx2:

The review was excellent, the raise sucks. I know I should've addressed it right then but I was caught a little off-guard considering this wasn't supposed to happen until next week. Point is I know I'm busting my ass to keep this place running smoothly and I feel I deserve more money. I need to grow so balls tell them I want more moolah but how do I do this??? I'm a pussy!!!!

Didn't you ever see american beauty?

assert yourself woman smile.gif

I was just renegotiating my contract the other day, I just said in so many words that I would be on the next plane home if they didn't give me what I was worth. I gave them reasons why I should get what I wanted and basically said I enjoy my job (lie), don't want to leave but I feel I would have to as I feel undervalued and that's not a situation I want to be in.

Your in control, it's an employees market now. Tell them all these toy boys are costing too much and you can't survive.

If you know you are doing a good job they wont want to loose you and train somebody else in your role... you are in the driving seat.. use it.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation it's self.

bsb2.GIF

be careful hun ... my boy was bitchin about his job and how he was gonna leave and go somewhere else cuz he was runnin shit and doing so much and they were screwin him on reviews and what not .... next thing ya know ... LAID OFF .... out of no where ... so dont get fired .. i hope it all works out for ya !

-joey

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

All kidding aside. Look at other people at your job and their positions. Depending on time there, amount of hours a week, and the amount of responsibility you have, determine your value to the company. Use that as a scale to figure out where you are in the food chain and if you truly are being under paid. Good Luck!!!!

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

All kidding aside. Look at other people at your job and their positions. Depending on time there, amount of hours a week, and the amount of responsibility you have, determine your value to the company. Use that as a scale to figure out where you are in the food chain and if you truly are being under paid. Good Luck!!!!

yep, saw fight club and american beauty, heh heh!! actually i'm the only admin. person in this office. it's all doctors, nurses and lil ol' me and this review was sprung on me! i'm def. going to tell them i feel i'm worth more, yep, b/c i'm doing too much work for the money!! thanks for the advice fellas!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

If yer discontented enough, the best way to argue your point is to start the job search. They didn't compensate you fairly? Time to find a new (higher) baseline salary.....

But that's just me, and I can be a fickle little bitch sometimes.......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Originally posted by uknjx2:

you said it perfectly right here. the only thing you have to do differently is to put your job on the line.

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.pharaoh1.com/images/pharaoh.gif" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.pharaoh1.com/images/pharaoh.gif</A>