Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rock n' Roll Question....................

not that they would ever make the top 100 bands list maybe not even the top 500 but minor threat and fugazi were also great bands..

some good modern rock n roll bands...

white stripes

hives

vines i like the sound comin out of these newer "postpunk" bands...

So I guess its cool to suck at your instruments, and whine for every song?

The real leaders of grunge were Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. If Eddie Vedder blew out his brains five years ago, I'm sure he would have been worshipped as well.

hahahahah get the fuck out R U SEARIOUS ! hahah nirvana rules n they r a GREAT band :finger::rofl:

So I guess its cool to suck at your instruments, and whine for every song?

The real leaders of grunge were Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. If Eddie Vedder blew out his brains five years ago, I'm sure he would have been worshipped as well.

Pearl Jam were shockingly bad - maybe some of their stuff was ok, but I didn't get to listen to it after hearing the woeful "Jeremy".

Mine would have to include.......

Stone Roses (greatest band ever, with one of the greatest guitarists of all time)

Primal Scream (greatest album ever in Screamadelica)

Happy Mondays (Shaun Ryder/Bez = Legends)

Blur (better than Oasis imo as they experimented more)

The Strokes (best of the new bunch)

I wanna be adored - summer of 92 or 91 -- what a great song and a great time in my life

Good call on Primal Scream -- Screamadelica is a great album

my greatest album ever has to be "THE WALL"

Pearl Jam were shockingly bad - maybe some of their stuff was ok, but I didn't get to listen to it after hearing the woeful "Jeremy".

Stone Roses (greatest band ever, with one of the greatest guitarists of all time)

Primal Scream (greatest album ever in Screamadelica)

Happy Mondays (Shaun Ryder/Bez = Legends)

Blur (better than Oasis imo as they experimented more)

The Strokes (best of the new bunch)

I wanna be adored - summer of 92 or 91 -- what a great song and a great time in my life

Good call on Primal Scream -- Screamadelica is a great album

my greatest album ever has to be "THE WALL"

Just a shame the Roses let much of their potential go to waste. Unfortunately I was too young to see them live at their peak, but went to see them 3 times in the space of 2 weeks after they released the Second Coming and they still blew me away.

• 4 months later...

You have a GREAT taste in Music.

I pretty much liked all the stuff you listed below below plus

KMFDM

Pixies / Frank Black

Sonic Youth

Weezer

Dinosaur Jr

Pavement

Public Image Limited

and i could go on and on

You should DEFINETLY check out The Alternative on VH1 Classic, its just like 120 minutes, they had Al Jorgenson as the host 2 sundays ago.

Its on from Sunday 11-1, Wednesday 11-12 and Thursday 12-1. Its on ch 136 on Time Warner DTV

top ten? i could list top 100.. i could never narrow this down.

the doors

the beatles

led zepplin

the who

cream

rolling stones

black sabbath

nirvana

pink floyd

the cure

my favs:

david bowie

talking heads

the cure

siouxsie and the banshees

sisters of mercy

bauhaus

death in june

blondie

the buzzcocks

depeche mode

joy division

x

ministry

sex pistols

writing this list is making me sick. i'm going to stop now 'cause i could keep going.. but i'd rather not..

Motley Crue(one of the greatest bands out of LA)

Ratt(poor mans Van Halen, very underated,Demartini is a shredder)

Van Halen(only with Roth)

Maiden(only with Dickenson)

Stone Temple Pilots(great band)

Guns n Roses(too bad AXL is a control freak)

Billy Idol(with Steve Stevens)

Alice in Chains(RIP L. Staley)

Soundgarden(Jesus Christ Pose=insanity)

Kiss(before they took off the makeup)

Led Zepp(the best ever)

www.kinetikamusic.com

You have a GREAT taste in Music.

I pretty much liked all the stuff you listed below below plus

KMFDM

Pixies / Frank Black

Sonic Youth

Weezer

Dinosaur Jr

Pavement

Public Image Limited

and i could go on and on

You should DEFINETLY check out The Alternative on VH1 Classic, its just like 120 minutes, they had Al Jorgenson as the host 2 sundays ago.

Its on from Sunday 11-1, Wednesday 11-12 and Thursday 12-1. Its on ch 136 on Time Warner DTV

dude, i know all about it! i love that show.. tons of bands we don't know about they'll play on that channel.. same for retro-active on channel 615.. don't know if you get that channel but they just play 80's, synthpop, new wave, industrial, brit pop etc with some tid bits about each band.

you'd also love www.eastvillageradio.com.. free podcasts with EXCELLENT shows. my boyfriend and i love veronika's show called something minimalist synth something.. can't remember, but if you go to the schedule link, you'll see all the shows and times listed there. she plays a lot of REALLY old school underground synth and coldwave.

i also got some fucking great tickets for shows: bauhaus @ nokia theatre, front 242 @ irving plaza and i just found out i got tix for depeche mode!!! hehehehe.. going to be a fab year.

some of their stuff was ok?

There predicted to be the next grateful dead...

I personally went to see them in canada for 3 shows, and met people from Ireland to detroit, all over the world to see this band.

This is a video i took of a pre-set he did in Toronto of " Porch " before the opening band comes out..Gives you an idea what he alone just could bring to the table...also later on that night Bono came on stage and sang " Rockin In The Free World " with the band. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8840261687453743061&q=pearl+jam

Just to throw it at you, this week was Pearl Jam 15th Anniversary of being a band.

some of their stuff was ok?

There predicted to be the next grateful dead...

I personally went to see them in canada for 3 shows, and met people from Ireland to detroit, all over the world to see this band.

This is a video i took of a pre-set he did in Toronto of " Porch " before the opening band comes out..Gives you an idea what he alone just could bring to the table...also later on that night Bono came on stage and sang " Rockin In The Free World " with the band. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8840261687453743061&q=pearl+jam

Just to throw it at you, this week was Pearl Jam 15th Anniversary of being a band.

I'm not sure I understand - is being hyped as the new Grateful Dead a good thing??

The fact they have been around for 15 years means little when you consider most people haven't heard anything from them for much of the past 10 years.

Each to their own I guess, but when in years to come people discuss bands that influenced a period of time in music and made a difference, I find it much more likely that people will be talking about Nirvana and not Pearl Jam.

i also got some fucking great tickets for shows: bauhaus @ nokia theatre, front 242 @ irving plaza and i just found out i got tix for depeche mode!!! hehehehe.. going to be a fab year.

Very cool! I'll def check out EVR.

I'll be @ Front 242 and Bauhaus, my GF and I will try to stop and say hello. I'm pretty excited about Front 242, they were fucking Pioneers, i'm a little skeptical of Bauhaus, but i think it'll be a good show. Im also gonna go see Reverend Horton Heat in Brooklyn in Dec........ gonna be some great shows coming to NYC in the near future.

Very cool! I'll def check out EVR.

I'll be @ Front 242 and Bauhaus, my GF and I will try to stop and say hello. I'm pretty excited about Front 242, they were fucking Pioneers, i'm a little skeptical of Bauhaus, but i think it'll be a good show. Im also gonna go see Reverend Horton Heat in Brooklyn in Dec........ gonna be some great shows coming to NYC in the near future.

awesome! let's keep in touch.. i haven't met anyone from the boards in a while. it'll be interesting.

and yes, i'm a little skeptical about bauhaus too.. i saw peter murphy at bb kings not too long ago and every time i see an old timer performing with a new band there always seems to be something lacking. it was amazing of course, to see HIM, on stage in all his handsome and godlike glory ..but at the same time it was slightly boring. so hopefully seeing him with his original bandmembers will make all the difference..

i saw front 242's side project at avalon last december with vnv nation.. that was cool too.. but prob a total different experience again than watching them in their original element.