Clubplanet Nightlife Community

totally OT, but book recommendations for my little sister?

weyes

my sister is a serious bookworm and she just left for sleepaway camp. her birthday's coming up and i want to send her a book; i'm sure she'll have lots of time to read.

can any of you think of any books you read in the 7th grade that you liked? how about any fantasy/science fiction books that you liked at any time in your life [that's her favorite genre]?

help me out here :worry: , please :) !

ah, thanks, anotherway! catch 22 is a good one. but my sister is into all that mystical/other worldly stuff. she read all the harry potter books over and over, but she likes to read books that are for a higher reading level than that; it makes her feel older and more mature. i wish i could relate to this; i mainly like to read plays. i know, though, that a lot of people find that it's hard to get a real flow going.

any more suggestions, anybody?

for sci-fi the ender's game trilogy by writer orson scott card is a classic
funny you should mention a series; i've heard that my sis likes series. thanks so much!

time was of the essence, though, so i already bought her some camp-proof/camp-appropriate jewelry: a mood ring and glow-in-the-dark bracelets.