Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Lust 4 House mafia...

philippio

BRING SEBASTIAN BACK SOON!!! :bowdown::aright:

Admittedly I missed the first dj's set but arrived in time to catch all of Sebastian's. I guess it really helps to have some experience spinning hip-hop... He rocked it proper. Scratching, cutting with the mixer and just a whole lot of funky house. People were dancing, it was a great time. The only track I wasn't feeling was Mylo - 'Drop the Pressure'. But Colette's 'Hypnotized' can always put a smile on my face and I had a great time. Kinky Movement's 'Gettin' There' was a nice touch too (fit perfectly in the direction he was taking us) cause he dropped it right after 'Drop the Pressure' to return to the swanky business. He started off playing Shakedown's 'At Night'. Can't remember if it was the original or a remix but what a great way to start things off! :getdown: I like that he threw in some obscure hip hop tracks too (not the filler you hear on the radio 24:7). Before handing the tables to the next dj he had moved us into slightly more techy territory but still enveloping that Lust4House music culture. The guy who went on after Sebastian wasn't really anything to write home about (in my opinion). I wish Sheldon would have spun or Marcello (cause he was there with his vinyl too). Crowd was a bit thinner than usual but just about everyone was dancing. I guess some of the usual suspects are in recovery mode to be in full form for Fiasco next week. I had a blast and was reminded, yet again, why I love Blue so much. Thanks Sebastian! I wish someone could have recorded it! :D

P.S. Lyrik is a bitch. :finger:

BRING SEBASTIAN BACK SOON!!!

Admittedly I missed the first dj's set but arrived in time to catch all of Sebastian's. I guess it really helps to have some experience spinning hip-hop... He rocked it proper. Scratching, cutting with the mixer and just a whole lot of funky house. People were dancing, it was a great time. The only track I wasn't feeling was Mylo - 'Drop the Pressure'. But Colette's 'Hypnotized' can always put a smile on my face and I had a great time. Kinky Movement's 'Gettin' There' was a nice touch too (fit perfectly in the direction he was taking us) cause he dropped it right after 'Drop the Pressure' to return to the swanky business. He started off playing Shakedown's 'At Night'. Can't remember if it was the original or a remix but what a great way to start things off! :getdown: I like that he threw in some obscure hip hop tracks too (not the filler you hear on the radio 24:7). Before handing the tables to the next dj he had moved us into slightly more techy territory but still enveloping that Lust4House music culture. The guy who went on after Sebastian wasn't really anything to write home about (in my opinion). I wish Sheldon would have spun or Marcello (cause he was there with his vinyl too). Crowd was a bit thinner than usual but just about everyone was dancing. I guess some of the usual suspects are in recovery mode to be in full form for Fiasco next week. I had a blast and was reminded, yet again, why I love Blue so much. Thanks Sebastian! I wish someone could have recorded it! :D

P.S. Lyrik is a bitch.

Your right Lyrik is a bitch LOL. Seriously though thanks for your kind words, I'm really glad you enjoyed my set (except for drop the pressure :yuck: your lucky I didn't play Pump up the Jam :fridge: ). Its nice to see people like yourself coming out to support the little guys too and not just coming out for the big names. I really had a great time, Blue is such a nice joint to play at. Everybody really seems to get down and boogie unlike most venues @ the beach. Having the opportunity to play for the best (IMO) weekly party on the beach is an honour and a privilege. Hopefully I can do it again sometime soon :smoke:

BTW Philip that "At Night" mix is by Jazz 'n Groove :biggrin:

Yo Seb, what an amazing set brotha!!! I couldn't stand still for a sec!!! Killah stuff!!! :bowdown:

Funk!

ps. thanx for the 411 Phil, absolutely worth walking those long four blocks from home to Blue :biggrin:

I was hoping you wouldn't take the skateboard. I didn't want to see you walk in with a dislocated jaw and a thumb dangling by a couple of strands of skin. :finger:

Yo Seb, what an amazing set brotha!!! I couldn't stand still for a sec!!! Killah stuff!!! :bowdown:

Funk!

ps. thanx for the 411 Phil, absolutely worth walking those long four blocks from home to Blue :biggrin:

Hey thanks Funk! good to finally meet you. I think you live about as far away from Blue as I do, its a rough commute I know :drunk:

Hey thanks Funk! good to finally meet you. I think you live about as far away from Blue as I do, its a rough commute I know :drunk:

:laugh:

Im glad that little hole in the wall is getting some well deserved recognition. ive had some of the best times there . and im definately glad its getting some great talent !! GLAD YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT TIME !! if i lived closer to Blue id def be there for every single party !! but take it i live 40 mins away .. i cant . pisses me the fuck off :mad:

BLUE is not just getting recognized now... it has been the one single lounge on SoBe that for a VERY LONG TIME, has catered to local and underground talent more than any other place. And, come WMC, some of the best parties are held at BLUE. :D