Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i just heard an interesting trade rumor...

yeah, big story in the post today...

Yanks looking to just mix it up a bit, get a little younger and more athletic...

Mets middle of the order would be diesel, Cameron has been playing really well...brings good speed and defense and has been hitting also. Mets would probably have to give up a couple more players to even out the contract situation. Sheffield is def not happy the way his contract is set up right now...

I'll tell you what does interest me even though it would have to be a couple weeks down the road...If Texas keeps falling off, maybe going out and trading for Soriano...

If we do stay in contention we def need some offense in the middle of the lineup and obviously bullpen help along with most other teams

Makes no sense for the Yankees to trade Sheff. Yeah their centerfield position will be filled but who's gonna play right? Womak? Siera? Reese? Fuck that I hope they can trade for Kotsay. He would be a better fit. Always hits for average, good singles and doubles hitter, gets on base alot, and a pretty good fielder. A kind of player the Yankees have been lacking for a while now. I'd rather have Matsui, Kotsay, and Sheff in the outfield than Matsui, Cameron, and Womak. Plus, with Kotsay at 7 million a year it's alot more attractive than Cameron's high salary.

Makes no sense for the Yankees to trade Sheff. Yeah their centerfield position will be filled but who's gonna play right? Womak? Siera? Reese? Fuck that I hope they can trade for Kotsay. He would be a better fit. Always hits for average, good singles and doubles hitter, gets on base alot, and a pretty good fielder. A kind of player the Yankees have been lacking for a while now. I'd rather have Matsui, Kotsay, and Sheff in the outfield than Matsui, Cameron, and Womak. Plus, with Kotsay at 7 million a year it's alot more attractive than Cameron's high salary.

i would not like the mets to trade for sheff, but if you look at the yanks there isnt alot of attractive players to trade. sheffield is one of the only guys that is somewhat tradeable. its funny how yankee fans forget that every team isnt their personal minor league team that they can pluck players out of at will. who will the A's take for kotsay? u got nobody they want. unless u let go of Cano....

also, Cameron is making 7 million for the next 2 years..what do you mean high salary?

Thats all Cameron is making? My bad, thought he was making around 10-11 a year.

A's love Giambi. Would have no problem with trading him and eatin up most of that contract. But that would never happen. Bottom line is, Oakland will be looking to move Kotsay if they dont get a deal done with him extending his contract. Billy Beane loves to trade players or let players go who are in the last year of their contract. Yankees just have to come up with a good deal. Its def possible.

Thats all Cameron is making? My bad, thought he was making around 10-11 a year.

A's love Giambi. Would have no problem with trading him and eatin up most of that contract. But that would never happen. Bottom line is, Oakland will be looking to move Kotsay if they dont get a deal done with him extending his contract. Billy Beane loves to trade players or let players go who are in the last year of their contract. Yankees just have to come up with a good deal. Its def possible.

hahahaha....u are in the clouds my man.

no one wants Giambi! u have nothing for Kotsay!

and we do have a centerfielder the yankees want desperately...

Cameron's defense is solid, I'll give you that. But he's a career .250 hitter and his numbers are terrible with runners in scoring position: low .200's

Why would the Yankees trade Sheff for him? It still leaves a vulnerbility at RF. It would only benefit the Mets, IMO.

well from what i just heard on the radio, sheff said he will make it hard for anyone to trade for him. "things will have to be changed in my situation" and "If I aint happy you wont want me on your team" were the most notable quotes...

as far as i am concerned...let the yanks keep him, he is a cancer and is all about himself. let him sink with the rest of the yankee ship.

Fuck that, Sheffy better stay in his NYY pinstripes - he's one of the only Yankees who's consistently played well this year, why on earth would you get rid of him.

because at this point the team is going no where and he is one of three people you can trade to maybe help this team get ounger.