Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHO'S BEEN TO MARDI GRAS?

I've been to Mardi Gras.. Kick ass time and totally work heading down there for. We knew someone who went to Tulane, so it was prety cheap. Bars don't appear to close during mardi gras, and as long as you're not peeing in the streets or getting into a fight, the cops let everyone have a good time.. And SHOW YOUR T#TS!!

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

Originally posted by ReginaP:

Hey Bratnik...I go to Tulane...Mardi Gras is definitely something you should experience once...or twice cwm9.gif

I've been twice now and that is about all I can handle. Even the second time didn't come close to the first.

It is a complete madhouse of young kiddies wasted out of their minds, wandering along Bourbon St. in a sea if filth. Don't get me wrong it was great when I went but is really something you grow out of quickly.

------------------

*************************I got to thank god for the music.

Originally posted by ReginaP:

Lemme know if you or anyone else needs some advice smile.gif

ARe you going this year too?

I've never been there before but I have to friends that live in Belxxi and it's one of my friend's b-day and his girl is throwing him a party so it's the same time as Mardi Gras (sp?)

What am I souposed to expect?

------------------

genie.gif This genie grants 3 wishes... Hey I'm not sharing! He's all MINE!

Originally posted by rachel1997:

ARe you going this year too?

I've never been there before but I have to friends that live in Belxxi and it's one of my friend's b-day and his girl is throwing him a party so it's the same time as Mardi Gras (sp?)

What am I souposed to expect?

I'll be there this year since it's my senior year at Tulane. Biloxi is in Mississippi, a couple hours away from New Orleans, so make sure that you're in New Orleans for Mardi Gras!! wink.gif

As for what you are supposed to expect...don't expect anything, that's the fun of it...but even if I gave you some examples, there's always someone that tops it all! cwm27.gif

Do a little of everything: get a balcony on Bourbon (you can go to a bar w/ a balcony, like Bourbon St. Blues or Cats Meow *cringe...that one is the cheesiest wink.gif*...definitely hang out on St. Charles during the day to watch the parades, get lots of toys...but only flash in the Quarter. Hit some of the uptown bars too, they are usually more fun and you'll get molested less.

Oh yeah...definitely be prepared to be touched inapporpriately ALL THE TIME. Something about Mardi Gras makes some men throw out all rules of decency. So get good & drunk--don't be sober for even ONE second, that takes all the fun out of it...but don't get so drunk that you can't find your way, that could be dangerous.

There are a few parties, the Zulu one is worth going to, the others aren't so much. Some names...Pat O'Briens, Cat's Meow, Fat Harry's, Superior Grill...some nicer places: The Columns, The Red Room, Whiskey Blue, Whiskey Bar.

Ack this is an essay now & I have so much studying to do! Feel free to ask me more ?'s if you have!! smile.gif

------------------

=)