Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oh shit...

just got home from a gig with my friend.

on the way home, we got pulled over for a "taillight out" and he got arrested for DUI. kid had three drinks over 3 hours and he's 5'11"!!!

he did fine on the tests , from what i witnessed, but once they decided to take him away, i had to wait in another cop car while the tow truck came and another friend came to pick me up. I noticed when the tow truck came that his taillight was NOT out after all. Also, the cop asked me for my number and started talking about kinky sex and how he wanted to cheat on his wife.

wtf.

any advice for my friend?

just got home from a gig with my friend.

on the way home, we got pulled over for a "taillight out" and he got arrested for DUI. kid had three drinks over 3 hours and he's 5'11"!!!

he did fine on the tests , from what i witnessed, but once they decided to take him away, i had to wait in another cop car while the tow truck came and another friend came to pick me up. I noticed when the tow truck came that his taillight was NOT out after all. Also, the cop asked me for my number and started talking about kinky sex and how he wanted to cheat on his wife.

wtf.

any advice for my friend?

Sounds like you got pulled over in Jamestown.

i don't know how the laws are in other states... but a dui is not as big as a dwi... i'd just pay the fines and walk away... as far as the cop hitting on you. there is nothing you can do. if you go to court pointing fingers, "well he did this..." it may just piss off the judge cause the story sounds so shaddy... sorry dear.

i don't know how the laws are in other states... but a dui is not as big as a dwi... i'd just pay the fines and walk away... as far as the cop hitting on you. there is nothing you can do. if you go to court pointing fingers, "well he did this..." it may just piss off the judge cause the story sounds so shaddy... sorry dear.

of course i would never say that to a judge! :laugh:

actually, i'm not going to say anything because i'm not the one in trouble. but can he do anything about the initial reason the car was stopped--the tail light---which was not out in the first place?

actually, i'm not going to say anything because i'm not the one in trouble. but can he do anything about the initial reason the car was stopped--the tail light---which was not out in the first place?

No, unfortunately not.

i would'nt say anything... it would be like spilling milk and then saying that the milk was sour... the milk is still all over the place... cops don't really need a reason to pull you over... that is just an urban myth... pay the fine and walk away... drawing anymore attention is not a smart move.

no we're all home safe now.

and yes it was jamestown.

This is their time of year to make money, ever wonder why the speed limit on the highway suddenly drops to 40mph? They can basically pull over anyone they want at anytime because no one does 40mph on the highway. There will be three cars out doing radar every night after 10:30 pm on that small little island just so they can maybe pop someone dui out of Newport.

if the car is still inpounded, get a mechanic and go to the impound, turn the car on and test the taillight, if its still working, then techincally you would have a case ..

but if your friend doesnt get any points, or looses his license then pay fine and walk away....

also, there is a complaint number when cops act out of line, so start looking and start complaining ... that is sexual harassment in someway ...

if the car is still inpounded, get a mechanic and go to the impound, turn the car on and test the taillight, if its still working, then techincally you would have a case ..

that's exactly what he did. his lawyer says he has a good case now.

I agree, I dont think a cop really needs a reason to pull you over. And, if you friend did have any drinks I dont think he has a case. Bottom line, drinking and driving is illegal

• 2 weeks later...

DUI is a bullshit charge.... a cop can pretty much charge anyone who admits to having a beer with DUI... they're not saying you're intoxicated .. just "under the influence" ... how the fuck can they tell??? any decent lawyer can get you off