Clubplanet Nightlife Community

XS/Tempts Review!! From a Nobody.

So what you are saying is that Oakenfold has not earned his price???? That makes a lot of sense considering you go to a club in the city or even jersey and you are going to pay 20-30 bucks for a frigging nobody when you compare him to a legend.

No i wouldnt pay 50 bucks to hear him i think he is overrated in fact anyone who has to lay down his set before he plays definately doesnt play to a crowd and you can keep your Legend...

thats not being a DJ....sorry

As a DJ I know a few years back it was unknown to use CD's even when the Denon decks were becoming very standard in clubs but now not only does it make life easier such technology like looping and hot cues are readily available esp. with the CDJ's which makes DJin more fun as well as allowing the DJ to create more of a buildup to the track. From talking to friends who spin hip-hop they rarely use cd's even when the pioneers are in the booth mainly because they been use to vinyl for so long they are accustomed to it and just like Klutch said the diggin for jams is what they look forward to....don't get it wrong most if not all big DJ's local or international involved in house usually dig for jams and buy their music as well then they use certain programs to rip them to MP3 but the fact of the matter is a DJ can do more with CD's and it beats alot of carrying an endless amount of vinyl

Not sure why I kept reading this thread, but fortunately, djklutch made sense out of it (refer to his post).

Clearly, technology is a huge factor and will continue to evolve, but when the majority buys into it, people start being replaced by machines. Imagine a club where the presence of a DJ is obsolete.

NOTE: I may not be a DJ or an individual who even enjoys house music, however I wanted to share my opinion. Now I will wait for someone to either attack it or just let it be.

For the RECORD, I think this thread has seen its day!

Wow that sucks.

Oh and So does Roger Sanchez, Chus & Ceballos, Harry Choo Choo, Jorge Jaramilo And im sure a ton of other djs that travel.

So much easier to travel with just a few cd books, and the things you can do on those pioneers are absolutely AMAZING.

its funny cause everyone is always the first to point the finger on technology bein the reason most djs stop playin vinyl and moving onto cd when in reality the reason 95 percent of djs switch to cd or laptop is cause there LAZY......

> > SaL kLuTcH

ding ding ding........exactly, they r lazy, that's the only reason!!!!!!!! There is nothing a pioneer cd player can do that a pioneer efs can't.

its funny cause everyone is always the first to point the finger on technology bein the reason most djs stop playin vinyl and moving onto cd when in reality the reason 95 percent of djs switch to cd or laptop is cause there LAZY......

i can bet anything that denny and any other dj who djs for a living can do exactly wat they do on cd wit vinyl cause before technology there was only one thing and if u put the time in and where around when it was just vinyl that was ur creative tool,there was no loop button no pitch shifting shit it was straight up wax wether u were a hip hop or house dj,u got busy wit wat u had,

everytime i do guest spot gigs u no how many times i hear " damn u got like 6 cases wit u why dont u switch to cd its easier " i enjoy the thrill of goin to the record shop and buying music especially diggin for records at the salvation army to the vintage bookshops in the city for me that was a huge factor of bein a dj,the thrill of goin to the record shop thursday to get ur music right for the weekend

i thought alot bout switchin over to serato and doin the laptop thing which for a hip hop dj is deff the future,also i hate carrying all those cases of records myself,but as long as records are around and accessable i will stick to that format cause no matter wat anyone says or tells you theres no feeling like vinyl on ur finger tips and the crackles of playin an old record thru a sound system

i am not knocking any dj who uses cds or any other format by no means, i heard denny play on cds and he is amazing on them and he is established enuff to play wat he want to play on,but it doesnt come down to the technology factor it comes down to carrying 6 cases of vinyl or a cd book

> > SaL kLuTcH

ding ding ding ding ding preach on man!!!!!!! amen