Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Porter @ Space 7.9.2005

djjoemama

i went there with my fav dancing sneakers all ready to go crazy and i couldnt dance at all no vibe not even a good song to dance too

i wound up hanging at the bar..

shit there wasnt even any drugs in there i searched all over.

now u know its bad when u cant even find any drugs up in there

me and all my friends were DESPERATE for anything to wake us up

we all got there @ like 3:30

the 1st round of the crew left at 5 am second left at 7 am

lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Guest onisakura

Different strokes for different folks....

Since when do you have to be educated to have a good time at a club? All you guys have to stop being fucking elitists and take those poles outta your asses.

I honestly coulnd't tell you what the music was like, all i know is that i had a blast. Alcohol is bad......

I do have to agree with billyskillen, Sporter has an amazing energy. He didn't stop for a minute and his crew is very nice.

Different strokes for different folks....

Since when do you have to be educated to have a good time at a club? All you guys have to stop being fucking elitists and take those poles outta your asses.

I honestly coulnd't tell you what the music was like, all i know is that i had a blast. Alcohol is bad......

I do have to agree with billyskillen, Sporter has an amazing energy. He didn't stop for a minute and his crew is very nice.

I agree... Porter had amazing energy and i everyone there that we saw were absolutely loving it and the music. Porter is amazing and i hope space brings him back soon!

Guest onisakura
I agree... Porter had amazing energy and i everyone there that we saw were absolutely loving it and the music. Porter is amazing and i hope space brings him back soon!

If he does come back, im sure it wont be for a little while. He's on a world tour that would make your head spin.

exactly what i mean...

its like listening to a song and not paying attention to the lyrics..

its like jail food to a bum, to him its a feast, to any normal person its rat food

i never try to make myself out as an elitist, i think those types are plain stupid, but i do know people have better knowlege and appreciation for music and know the difference, they dont just hear a beat and think its great

oof. it's taken a couple days to re-coup from this one but all I can say is wow. I wasnt even so sure we were going to make the trip down as hurricaine Dennis plowed its way across the souther tip of Florida, but just mangaed to bounce over to the gulf side in time for the weather to break in Miami...

I got into Miami around 930PM Saturday night with just enough time to get to the hotel & change out of my monkey suit from the wedding just hours earlier... After a some quick cleanup, and fresh clothes we donned our fresh schvimvests and headed over to Space prepared for any wetness/wind/storms that could possibly occur that night. As we reached the doors @ Space, it was abundantly clear that the cops @ the door were not impressed by our saftey equipment, and threatened us with a federal offense lest we fork over our life preservers.

P1020361-vi.jpg

Minor setback. Now on to dealing with the guestlist. I ask 'Marcus'for Joe Mama +3 on list, and he's like "go tell the guy over there what you just asked me." I do this, 'Marcus' laughs heartily as the guy reluctantly forks over a $10-spot for losing the bet. Apparently, Joe Mama is a funny name in Miami...

Well we get in , and the main floor of the room is rammed.. One of the residents, Cedric I believe was rockin the floor pretty hard when we got into the booth, but that's when the fantasy funk journey really began. Steve's relentless attack on the floor began promptly @ 3AM.

P1020389-vi.jpg

Sizzling in the booth:

P1020384-vi.jpg

Deftly weaving in & out of tracks @ a f*****sh pace, music & time were warping together as the night rolled on and tracks that seemed to go on forever disappeared almost as quickly as they were mixed in... Maybe that had more to do with the copious amounts of Grey Goose on the loose in the booth. Try and say that 5 times real quick... Still pushing the floor to a frenzy, it was getting closer and closer to that magical time when the terrace, aka la terraza, aka the patio, aka the roof or whatever you wish to call it beckons you. it was still quite dark when our party ventured upstairs, but the morning was just about to break...

P1020418-vi.jpg

The girls warming up the terrace...

P1020419-vi.jpg

By 730AM and another 3 bottles of Goose later, the Terrace was getting mighty saucy... The weather was perfect, and the groove & vibe were flawless, though I cant say the same for my vision...

Musical highlights: "Rock You Like A Hurricaine" - Scorpions (SPorter's Remix@ 35,000 feet): I want someone else to tell me who remixes tracks en route to Miami especially for Space... Closing out the Terrace with 'Vice Grip' (Colin Farrell in da house HOLLA)... Emjae feat. Bryan Adams - Run To You....

Also, it should be noted that if you should venture to Space, and your friends get really drunk, keep an eye on them. Otherwise they could be tucked into a cab without your knowing, and found on the side of Alton Road with one shoe... ;)

PS - Nice meetin ya Digital7...