Clubplanet Nightlife Community

palm pilots???

oasis

anyone have one?? thinking of gettin one

which one is the best and what do they go for

and also can i get INET acess on it? if so how much does that cost??

help is appreciated thanx alot..

------------------

*EXIT saturday 12.09.00 DJ BORIS For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

got a Palm, Vx is what I would replace it with if i were to go connected...but wireless palm appz are kinda sucky, and take friggin forever (lucky to get 1800bps connection, and lucky to get connected outside of major metro areas). And it'll run ya about $400.

There are cheaper models (M100) and other brands, Casio, Handspring, some running PalmOS some MS WindowsCE, some color, some not...some with more memory, faster processors, etc. etc. There is no "best" on the market, only the best for what you intend to use it for.

I am holding out to see what this new Sony thing does, running PalmOS.

Sorry this might not be any help, but it really is something you need to consider more deeply than "which is the best."

------------------

Bilk, Robb, Pilfer, & Steele

Invesment Banking for The New Millennium

New York, NY 10022

i am lookin for one wit inet use. like email etc..

def not lookin to spend 400

i am pretty sure they come cheaper

how much does the service go for

------------------

*EXIT saturday 12.09.00 DJ BORIS For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

like mr. dogg said, palm access is about $40/month, plus data transfer charges. connected organizers are not going to be much under $400 this holiday season. you would be just as well off getting one of the new cellphones that allows inet access and mail capability for same cost per-month and probably some incentive to buy it lowering your up-front cost.

My palm is a live-or-die need every day, far more than my cell phone. funny how electronix take over your life.

------------------

Bilk, Robb, Pilfer, & Steele

Invesment Banking for The New Millennium

New York, NY 10022

I got a Hanspring Visor w/8 mb back in March. It definitely turned heads.

But it's only $250, and it has the springboard slot where you can buy modules such as mp3 player, camera, backup, MODEM, etc.

Modem's like another $100, and service is prolly between $20 and $60 a month.

I decided to get it because it's expandable/upgradable, but still on the Palm OS which everyone has and there is the most software for.

go to handspring.com if you have questions.

-Furn

P.S. Their customer service is excellent. A waiter spilled water on my first one, and Handspring replaced it in 3 days...

I have a Visor Deluxe. The advantage of any Visor over a Palm is that the Visors have an expansion slot. There's even a new cell phone module that just came out (check out http://www.handspring.com ). The disadvantage is that the operating system is burned into the Visor's rom chip (not truly upgradeable) and is older than the one out for Palms (PalmOS 3.5). The only real difference you'll notice is that you can connect any Palm running PalmOS 3.5 to many regular or digital cell phones (i.e. Motoralla StarTac) and surf the web with the cell as a modem. Since Visors have an older OS, you won't be able to do this and will need to buy a modem module. However, if you want to spend a bit more, two new Visors, the Prism (color $449) and the Platinum ($299) both have the newer PalmOS 3.5.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

[This message has been edited by translucent (edited 12-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by translucent (edited 12-08-2000).]

theres great deals out there right now on the palm IIIxe and IIIc. amazon.com is selling the IIIxe right now for like 150, with the rebates, although the IIIxe runs on regular batteries. the IIIc uses rechargeable batteries like a cell phone and has color (not spectacular color though like the handspring prism $450). the IIIc can be found these days for about 280. i think these are the 2 best values out there right now if you're not looking to spend over 400 bucks.

------------------

PERCUSSION, I LOVE PERCUSSION... View?u=1198735&a=9205368&p=31510201