Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Newsbreak: fmr. Miami Commissioner Art Teele Shoots Himself

raincry

Former City of Miami commisioner Arthur Teele has shot himself in the lobby of the Miami Herald building according to Miami Police.

Teele has been transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital and his condition is unknown.

more to come..... :type:

teelelobby.jpg

As per Drudgereport.com

MIAMI -- Suspended Miami Commissioner Art Teele shot himself in the Miami Herald building late this afternoon.

Courtesy Miami Herald

Teele survived the shooting, and was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center, where he was in extremely critical condition as of 7:30 p.m.

Teele, 59, has one gunshot wound to the head and he had lost a great deal of blood, witnesses said.

According to witnesses, just after 6 p.m., Teele walked into the lobby, spoke calmly with a security guard, and then took a pistol out of a bookbag and held it to his head.

The Herald's Web site says that Teele told the security guard to give a message to Herald columnist Jim DeFede. Teele said that he wanted the guard to tell DeFede to tell his wife that he loves her, according to the Web site.

Then when police arrived, he pulled the trigger.

Employees of the newspaper said they heard one shot and the Herald Building was immediately evacuated.

Miami rescue workers said that Teele was conscious while being transported to the hospital, and when asked to blink his eyes, he did so.

The former commissioner has faced a series of troubles over the past few years, including federal charges for money laundering and mail and wire fraud.

In the most recent charges, Teele is accused of helping minority company win more than $20 million worth of electrical contracts at Miami International Airport, when the work ended up actually being done by a much larger, non-minority company.

If convicted on the federal charges, Teele could face up to 20 years in prison.

Teele was convicted in March of threatening a Miami-Dade police officer. He is awaiting trial on other fraud charges in state court.

There is still no explanation as to why Teele was in the newspaper's building.

..let it be .....it saved our taxpayer dollars on various corruption trials .
a man dies be he guilty or innocent, and the best comment you can come up with is this . pretty tasteless IMO..I'm sure your comments would be very comforting to his family. :rolleyes:

a man dies be he guilty or innocent, and the best comment you can come up with is this . pretty tasteless IMO..I'm sure your comments would be very comforting to his family. :rolleyes:

he certainly didn't walk the straight line and it's a messed up thing to do to yourself...selfish even....but i agree with you 100% tony.......

He killed himself voluntarily..........if he would've had nearly as much consideration about his family as you seem to have , then he most probably wouldn't have done it .

That's some crazy shit two of my best friends work in that building so i'm gonna call them up to get the 411. Wow the place must have gone nuts.

Damn what a shame to go out like that.

one of my friends work in the legal team at the herald. she said one of her employees witnessed the whole thing...so now she has to be prepared for impending lawsuits...i think i'd be mentally scarred for life after seeing something like that.....i also found out that he lived in my building....never saw the guy though.....

one of my friends work in the legal team at the herald. she said one of her employees witnessed the whole thing...so now she has to be prepared for impending lawsuits...i think i'd be mentally scarred for life after seeing something like that.....i also found out that he lived in my building....never saw the guy though.....

Damn small world girl wow. I actually saw him in person twice once was over a year ago, my boss treated me to Capital Grille (favorite place :) )

and I saw Arthur Teele there having lunch with Katherine Fernandez who is my former boss back in 98 and i believe pinellas was there as well if not some other local politician. I was at the table and I was like " very interesting these three are here having lunch together" all happy go lucky lol...

Damn small world girl wow. I actually saw him in person twice once was over a year ago, my boss treated me to Capital Grille (favorite place :) )

and I saw Arthur Teele there having lunch with Katherine Fernandez who is my former boss back in 98 and i believe pinellas was there as well if not some other local politician. I was at the table and I was like " very interesting these three are here having lunch together" all happy go lucky lol...

The Capital Grille is a great steakhouse. I love that place! :D

it's a small world indeed.....we may even know the same people at the herald...

I met Teele while working as a Goodwill Ambassador at the last election when he voted at the polling site I was working at, I send my sympathy to his family and even though I don't think he was the cleanest politician in this city of many dirty politicians, he was well liked in his community by the reaction of the people in the voting precinct.

He killed himself voluntarily..........if he would've had nearly as much consideration about his family as you seem to have , then he most probably wouldn't have done it .
it's easy to be cavalier when you are sitting on the outside. it not so easy for one to learn or truly comprehend the true nature of humility, until they themselves are faced with similar circumstances.

it's easy to be cavalier when you are sitting on the outside. it not so easy for one to learn or truly comprehend the true nature of humility, until they themselves are faced with similar circumstances.

...humility of what ? .

...humility of what ? .
humility in the context used by me; is to have a degree of humbleness, and compassion when speaking about a person whose life has been cut short... simply because someone has taken there life voluntarily, is not an excuse IMO to justify curt and tasteless comments. to each their own I guess...

I am the king of tasteless jokes and I try to stay away from saying shit when someone dies like this, I get stressed just from thinking about the desperation that one must feel to be driven to the point of suicide, it's just beyond comprehension because noone alive can explain it.

humility in the context used by me; is to have a degree of humbleness, and compassion when speaking about a person whose life has been cut short... simply because someone has taken there life voluntarily, is not an excuse IMO to justify curt and tasteless comments. to each their own I guess...

thats your interpretation .... but i for one have empathy/compassion and "humbleness" for the ones who die due to neglect , accidents, war etc ....

...not a corrupt politician .