Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Josh Wink @ PS1 this Saturday

Does anyone know how the set times work for the PS1 Warmup. I wanna see Josh Wink this Saturday, August 6th, but can't go the whole day. Anyone know what time the "headliner" goes on, or do they do rotating sets, etc?

Also, is there a charge for the event? This will be my first time going....

Does anyone know how the set times work for the PS1 Warmup. I wanna see Josh Wink this Saturday, August 6th, but can't go the whole day. Anyone know what time the "headliner" goes on, or do they do rotating sets, etc?

Also, is there a charge for the event? This will be my first time going....

i think its $7 or $8.

He will most likely be the last one on (two other djs are performing). So say every dj gets 2 hours, I guess 7 ish might be when he comes on.

Oh, and dont go later than 4pm. The lines can get very big.

the opener was crappy...but PS1's openers usually are :laugh:

Stacy Pullen was really good. He played lots of good techno, warming up the crowd for his 2 hour set. He closed with "pontape" (Renato Cohen), making the crowd go bonkers.

Then wink ruined everything! :cry:

Not only did Wink go from high energy techno to minimal, but he did not even try mixing Pullen's last track in with his set. Wink just cut off the song half way and started playing his stuff. He stayed minimal for about an hour or so. He started working in some older techno tracks, including his own "How Is Your Evening So Far". When that track reached the climax, he stretched out the climax for a while.....and then killed the song. He finished with a breaks track (i think it was a remake of New Order's "Confusion").

the art was better than last year. Food and Beer are much more expensive than last year.

Stacy Pullen was really good. He played lots of good techno, warming up the crowd for his 2 hour set. He closed with "pontape" (Renato Cohen), making the crowd go bonkers.

Not only did Wink go from high energy techno to minimal, but he did not even try mixing Pullen's last track in with his set. Wink just cut off the song half way and started playing his stuff. He stayed minimal for about an hour or so. He started working in some older techno tracks, including his own "How Is Your Evening So Far". When that track reached the climax, he stretched out the climax for a while.....and then killed the song. He finished with a breaks track (i think it was a remake of New Order's "Confusion").

the art was better than last year. Food and Beer are much more expensive than last year.

I felt the same way about the as well. Stacey Pullen had place building up and bam, he kicked that shit into high gear until Josh Wink completely lost me. Artwork is def. cool. They had some really interesting exhibits.

couldn't agree more. btw, the last track was higher state of conciousness, an "original" of his, 5 FUCKIN YEARS AGO! after seeing him throw it down at canal room and him going on after pullen just made his set that much sadder. someone tell him to throw that fuckin 303 out of the fuckin window and back into 99 where it belongs.

I kinda liked how he mixed in House of Jealous Lovers in with Higher State of Consciousness... Stacey Pullen was definitely killer though.

I'm so SICK of all those fucking Target corporate shwag crap that everyone throws everywhere, is there anything more annoying than having to look around to make sure you don't get hit in the head while you're dancing?

6$ beers, too expensive... drank 2 Sparks in the train going there.

I kinda liked how he mixed in House of Jealous Lovers in with Higher State of Consciousness... Stacey Pullen was definitely killer though.

I'm so SICK of all those fucking Target corporate shwag crap that everyone throws everywhere, is there anything more annoying than having to look around to make sure you don't get hit in the head while you're dancing?

6$ beers, too expensive... drank 2 Sparks in the train going there.

yeah for reasonablt admission drink were too much and too small! lol. that black guy dj (is that stacey ?) was amazing