Clubplanet Nightlife Community

chicago hard house?

no chicago hard house is for all those hard core ravers out there. it is the best house there is with the bass drops and the intensity, you cant help it but dance when its blasting, the tunnel is the only club in the city that still plays it, in the upstairs frank alvee plays it and in kurfew yentle beats and co are blasting it as well, its hard to explain except for the fact that it makes you wanna bounce

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

yes chicago hard house a la frank alvee, kamikaze etc..

speedy room(mezz) at tunnel is the only room in the city to hear it. off the heezy

biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

oh shiit, i knew that Pfloyd would answer this question!

completely different from UK hard house (you're probably thinking Fergie style). chicago hard house definitely has a lot more bass, and it just has a constant beat at around.. 140-160 bpm i am told (i haven't counted it, so don't kill me if i am completely off). so it's pretty fast..

it's very fun and silly. you'll never hear it at a club unless it's the back room of the tunnel or it's a rave. A LOT of people think it's just repetitive noise b/c of the same beat and tempo that classifies it as chicago hardhouse.

if you've heard the hard house version of "tetris" by house o' holics, that's the classic definition of a chicago hard house song. silly, lots of bass, fun, and just plain retarded. that's why i LOVE it!

check out anything from:

house o holics

dj rip

dj work!

dj irene

delta 9 (a bit more hardcore)

dj lynnwood

richard humpty vision

bad boy bill (with a blend of just chicago house-- the disco funky stuff)

dj venom

nemesis

basically, ANYTHING from UC MUSIC (Underground Construction label, they are the leading record label in Chicago hard house, check out www.ucmusic.com i believe).

BRING BACK THE BACK ROOM OF THE TUNNEL!! cwm38.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Off topic but . .

Young -

i told Ivy that i want the three of us to meet up - she's a sweetheart. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

hey brandie,

definitely! i really wish i could go to exhale, but my ass is going hoooome! but if you guys would like to join me on dec 14 (thursday night) at the monkey bar in amherst for drinks/dancing, that would be tight!

or brandie/happykittn, let's meet up in NyC over break... i will be clubbin my ass off then!!

cwm38.gif

oh and umassclubberny.. brandie, have you got a chance to talk to her? she seems cool too!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

since when do lil louis and francois k play hard house??

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

I don't know why people classify it as CHICAGO HARD HOUSE. When DJ's the pioneered it are Frankie Knuckles, Lil Louie Vega, Francois Kevorkian, and a bunch of others from NY. Even DJ's now like CORBETT spin that hard house.

Once again, not a F'in clue.

Go listen to DJ BAM BAM dec 16th at Tunnel.

Sweetie Lil Louie has played everything from Garage and Freestyle to Hard House. If you are keeping your Opions about the way him and Francios spin limited to their gigs at Vinyl on Wednesday and Sunday you really need to Hear them in Ibiza and in the UK. It is like a DJ should be VERSATILE!! cwm4.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Young -

I'm not going to Exhal either!! I'm going home to decorate the christmas tree w/ the fam, but them i've gotta be up at work in springfield saturday . . . oh well, it'll be a short trip wink.gif

tty soon!!

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

listen you shit talker extraordinare

i never said they wern't versatile, but hard house isn't one of there genre's.

unless you care to explain what exactly it is you think that is

get off your high horse and wipe the shit from your mouth. if i wanna hear an asshole talk i'll fart

------------------

hmr3.gif

Guest clubkid77

Sweetie Lil Louie has played everything from Garage and Freestyle to Hard House. If you are keeping your Opions about the way him and Francios spin limited to their gigs at Vinyl on Wednesday and Sunday you really need to Hear them in Ibiza and in the UK. It is like a DJ should be VERSATILE!!

Yeah well "honey" Go look up "DJ BAM BAM" on the net and then find me a tape where Lil Loui plays that. No one in the UK or Ibiza is playin Chicago Hard House, its a godamn Rave/Hardcore sound. Don't let the word "house" fool you. The dj's scratch like battle dj's. Its really fast 4x4 beat just a step below gabba. Why the hell do you always argue with me over shit you really have not a clue of.

WTF are you talking about SPACE AFTERNOON PARTIES WERE ALL ABOUT HARD HOUSE PARTIES IN IBIZA YOU MESS. I SWEAR YOU AND PFLOYD ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR FUCKIN MINDS!!!!!! WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD LIL LOUIE, FRANKIE KNUCKLES, or anyoen of these guys out of NY?????

------------------

i didnt' see them in ibiza, but i heard lil louis in miami

AND THERE WAS NO CHICAGO HARD HOUSE!!!!!!

please just be quiet

------------------

hmr3.gif

NO KIDDING does Chicago hard house belong in a club in MIAMI?????? You play for the crowd!! I really don't like arguiong with you butyou seriously need to come to Ibiza next year SPACE AFTERNOON TURN YOU ON YOUR HEAD. There is something about rave music with a sunset that is just crazy!!! cwm32.gif

------------------

OMG THEY DONT' PLAY CHICAGO HARD HOUSE!!!!!!

CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK LITTLE HEAD??

------------------

hmr3.gif

rave music is the hard house, i guess youre not ready for that either, and the only roomin the city that plays it is the mezz at the WORLD FAMOUS TUNNEL enouff said

and on a lighter note chicago hard house will always put a smile on my face

------------------

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

chick.gif

ok you do that

send me a tape from ibiza since your *so* hooked up

prolly turn it on and here french kiss rolleyes.gif

------------------

hmr3.gif

Guest clubkid77

Ok that's it I am just gonna send you a tape or Video from IBIZA we have plenty of them. I can't deal with people that have no clue.

Bitch listen up Your talking about "Hard House" your dropping the important part which is "chicago" off UK HARD HOUSE, DJ's the likes of FERGIE IS TOTALY FUCKING DIFERENT.

Chicago hard house goes like this: BOING BOING BOING BOING BANG BANG BANG BANG BOING BOING BOING and so on, almost no melodie crazy cuts from TV shows or god knows what else. and insane scratching. Your head is so far up your ass, i dont know how you breath. Quit fucking yer way through the club scean for comps, and drink tickets and maybe you might get a clue about the music other than being some promoters thing for the night.

Originally posted by clubkid77:

chicago hard house goes like this: BOING BOING BOING BOING BANG BANG BANG BANG BOING BOING BOING and so on

hehe, exactly clubkid77! that's the kinda shit that gets my ass movin!

Originally quoted by goldenman: can someone please tell me what is progressive house? please name a dj, a album, or singles

i personally think of european progressive house, like Mauro Piccoto aka CRW's "I feel Love". Lots of build up, and not as melodic and trancey as prog trance. Usually songs are found in prog house, not all the time in prog trance.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

I love . . .

chicago hard house smile.gif

people who like to talk names and places cause thats what really matters rolleyes.gif

our lovely tunnel dj clubkid77 cause boy what a mouth on him smile.gif

mike -cause he plugs the tunnel so much he should work there

and of course . . . my bf - i hope *i* never make you mad smile.gif

i can do names and places too - BANGIN chicago hard house down at Coco's in huntington - the dj there DJ I AM A 16 YEAR OLD WHOSE DAD HAS MOB CONNECTIONS SO I CAN WORK AT COCOS knows his shit man, i'm tellin you . . . and odnt any of you tell me that i am wrong because I AM A DJ TOO AND I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MUSIC IN THE WORLD. AS A MATTER OF FACT I FUCKING CREATED MUSIC. AND IF I SAYS ITS CHICAGO HARD HOUSE, IT IS.

biggrin.gif

hehehehe

lighten up!!!! and let the people who know what they're talking about talk about the music.

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

Originally posted by brandie:

I love . . .

chicago hard house smile.gif

people who like to talk names and places cause thats what really matters rolleyes.gif

our lovely tunnel dj clubkid77 cause boy what a mouth on him smile.gif

mike -cause he plugs the tunnel so much he should work there

and of course . . . my bf - i hope *i* never make you mad smile.gif

i can do names and places too - BANGIN chicago hard house down at Coco's in huntington - the dj there DJ I AM A 16 YEAR OLD WHOSE DAD HAS MOB CONNECTIONS SO I CAN WORK AT COCOS knows his shit man, i'm tellin you . . . and odnt any of you tell me that i am wrong because I AM A DJ TOO AND I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT MUSIC IN THE WORLD. AS A MATTER OF FACT I FUCKING CREATED MUSIC. AND IF I SAYS ITS CHICAGO HARD HOUSE, IT IS.

biggrin.gif

hehehehe

lighten up!!!! and let the people who know what they're talking about talk about the music.

luv,

brandie

first off brandie i do work at the tunnel, im the bigget promoter there, who do u think got jv to get his residency there, i get half the main door and the kurfew door, now that the cat is out of the bag.

anyway chicago hard house will get me going anytime anywhere, and it deffinaltey goes BANG BANG BANG BOING BANG BOING BOING BANG BANG, OFF THE FUCKING HEEZY and only joking about the promoting part

------------------

chick.gif