Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Peter Bailey : 10pm-7am : Pajama Party

PB-Bio-Photo.jpg

P E T E R : B A I L E Y

Biography:

Peter Bailey is no newcomer to the EDM industry. He hails from Staten Island, New York, where he has been involved in the dance music scene for over ten years. His rising stature in the music industry ranks seems unstoppable; although if asked, Peter would characterize his growing success in the music industry until now as just doing what he loves. His earliest DJing experiences had him playing everything from freestyle to hip-hop at junior high school parties. But when the techno and acid house surge of the early nineties hit NYC, Peter developed quite an interest in this new sound and dove head first into it. From there it wasn't long before he was playing along side heavy weights such as Joey Beltram, Kevin Saunderson, Sven Vath and Jeff Mills. Even playing at one of Frankie Bones' highly acclaimed Storm Raves as a tennager. At his young age, Peter maintained a steady pace in the EDM scene. He was always well versed in the area of dance music from his early stages as a DJ playing hip hop and freestyle records, to his most recent interest in techno & acid house.

After earning a degree in speech communications, working jobs at various NY dance labels, and maintaining his DJing career, Peter decided to take the next logical step - production. As he grew and experienced some of New York's most influential and now legendary parties and venues; listening to DJs like Junior Vasquez, Danny Tenaglia, Jonathan Peters, and Louie Vega was as enjoyable as it was a learning experience for Peter. The style and talent of such DJs led Peter to explore a whole new frontier in dance music as he quickly progressed into the creation of the music he loves so much. Through his original productions and remixes, Peter Bailey's version of "good old house music" seems to have always been a mainstay on the sets of some of the world's most notable DJs such as: Steve Lawler, John Digweed, Victor Calderone, Roger Sanchez, and DJ Vibe, just to name a few. With their stamp of approval and Peter's tireless work ethic, it's becoming increasingly clear that Peter is on his way to becoming one of dance music's luminaries. Peter's DJ talents coupled with his output of great productions have taken him from Eastern Europe to South America and back, helping him build what can be characterized as a stellar reputation. Some would say that he has proven to be as distinguished a DJ as he is a Producer.

Peter began to build his name on the local circuit through steady support from NY legends such as Junior Vasquez, Victor Calderone and Peter Rauhofer. But it wasn't until a few years later that Peter's production career really began to take off. Peter's work had caught the attention of world renowned DJ Steve Lawler with his original track "U Need it". After hearing the track, Lawler immediately signed Peter to his new label Harlem Records for a three single deal and included "U Need it" onto one of his CD's from the highly acclaimed "Dark Drums" series. "U Need it" then went on to be featured on over a dozen compilations including Seb Fonatines "Horizons", Anthony Pappas "React", and Saeed & Palash's "Tide Edit".

Preceding the success of "U Need it" Peter began to receive numerous remix offers. Almost immediately his production skills scored two #1 remixes on the Billboard Dance Charts. As the road to success became a heavily traveled one for Peter he then closed deals to produce remixes for respected labels such as Tommy Boy, Bedrock, Fuju and Star 69. Additionally, Peter recently released a collaboration with label partner Mike Macaluso entitled "Jadore" on Alternative Route Records, a collaboration with veteran vocalist Judy Albanese entitled "Must be Love" for Addictive Records and his follow up to "U Need it" for Harlem entitled "Dance floor" which seems to have caused quite a stir being featured on John Digweed's Kiss FM mix show as well as Tom Stephan's. Also in the works is a collaboration with Marcelo Castelli, Carlos Fauvrelle and other originals for Harlem and his own imprint.

Peter also decided to start his own record label, En-Soul Records, with close friend and fellow producer Mike Macaluso. Their mission: To push the boundaries of the independent dance label market in NY. En-Soul has caught the attention of some of the world's biggest DJs and is certainly a label to watch out for. Things seem to be off to a good start with their first batch of releases landing themselves on compilations for Steve Lawler, Peter Rauhofer, Louis Osbourne and Oscar G. Through his own production work, DJ gigs and strong desire to bring quality house music to the masses, Peter Bailey is undoubtedly a rising star to be considered among the number of dance music's elite.

---

Discography

Some of Peter Bailey's Original Projects Include:

Lose my Mind : Jellybean Recordings

U Need it : Harlem Records

ft. Judy Albanese - Must be Love : Addictive Records

Dancefloor : Harlem Records

Freakshow : Referece Records

ft. Hardline - Dore : Alternative Route

Train of Thought : En-Soul Records

Tonight : Harlem Records

Electrified : En-Soul Records

ft. Suzanne Palmer - Sound of The Drum : Star 69 Records

Some Remix Projects also Include:

Mike Macaluso - Lights Down : En-Soul Records

Angel Moraes - Tribal Function : CDR

Size Queen - I am Ready : Star 69 Records

Amber - Need to be Naked : Tommyboy Records

Friburn & Urik - Dance to The Rhythm : Tommyboy Reocrds

Steve Lawler - Andante : Bedrock Records

Matt Edwards & Pankaj - 4 Corners : Fuju Records

Lock & Burns - Don't Wanna Be Free : Neutone Records

Al McDowell - Get That Booty : Gossip Records

Ghostface & Missy Elliot - Push : Def Jam Records

Joi Cardwell - Soul to Bare : Curvve Recordings

Eric Entrena - Electric Shock : Distraekt Records

Club 69 - Twisted '2005 : Star 69 Records

might be headin up for this... :bounce:

Mike!!!

Yo, call me and def. let me know, I'll take REAL good care of ya ;)

What's your drink of choice kedddd !??? Holla back!

As for Peter Bailey, man! he's been in my top 10 chart since I spun my first rekkid back in 2000 ... This dude is on FIRE! and I'm sure he'll be visiting us here again and again ;) This system, it's lights, decor and experience is truely worth the trip ... TRUST!!!!

Peace... Chris (Kulture)

We'd like to take the oppotunity to Answer sum FAQ's we have been getting thus far ...

Yes, We are open at 10PM - Serving Alcohol from a fully stocked bar ... and Reduced Admission IS available for 'everyone' before 12AM. Contact us for drink tix (short supply available).

Yes, reduced admission is STILL available AFTER 12AM ... only if you are wearing Pajamas, Sleepwear, Night Robes, etc. and that goes for 'everyone' until 2AM. We highly recommend you dress appropriately for this occasion!

Yes, as with last year's, there will be absolutely no charge for all the ladies in full lingerie - No hassles, promised. Come dressed in anything you feel comfortable with and be very well treated & accepted, we are at your service!

Yes, we have a private section of the club with tables and bottle service (and complimentary admission for entire party of up to 6/table) ... there are now limited resevations available, so please contact us for the full details a.s.a.p.

Yes, there will be classic & newskool hip-hop, reggae/ton, and r&b playing on the first floor by Frankie 4-Fingaz w/ a special guest t.b.a.

Yes, we have a stage built and a Show planned for this year as well, and the A.D.C. Performers are looking AMAZING so far for this ;):D A show you don't wanna miss (ShoW times approx. 1:30AM and 4:30AM).

Yes, there is a guest list open only until 3AM - w/ very limited comps, again please contact us by phone or email for details ASAP! to ensure that we can accomodate your needs.

And ... ... Yes! Peter Bailey will be playing an extended set & there is an aftaparty in the werks at a very special & legendary AfterHours venue only minutes away! If you haven't had a chance to hear this absolutely AMAZING young talent yet ... THIS system & venue is WHERE ya wanna hear him! ... SIIIIIIIK!!!

We think that's it, if there are more we'll be happy to answer them as they come ... thanks for all the kind werds and support throughout our parties ... without all of you it can't be done!

P & L

-----

Also!!! For anyone in the immediate area on August 20th :: CHECK THIS OUT ::

DG-Tease-AD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:funny: Danny, you're too much! I hear ya tho!!! Make sure your drive up from NYC is a safe one bro ... can't wait to party with all my NY peeps! ;)

I just got in from building the new show stage & watching the ladies in thier dress rehursel ... Whooooo!!! Those girls sure know how to pick out the right wardrobe, Fredricks of Hollywood made a bundle on this deal ... LOL ;)

Also set up some of the decorations... things are looking HOT! Ran a decible and frequency test on the system and room, amps were juiced up and speakers polished! The light show is already SIIIIK... but we added some new toys to it... :D

Hope to see you all there having a blast ... call me for info and reservations.

Peace!

Chris (dj Kulture)

AftaDark Entertainment, Inc.