Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Im not a violent person but if someone says something like this about HOUSE MUSIC...

I would choke them or something.

FYI i am 25 and been playing since 1998, just around the time House started with a little known group called Deelite, and a small song called "Groove is in the Heart." Maybe you need to check your history book of House.

House originated in France with DJ Dmitry in about 1996-97. Basically he made a drum beat go "boom Boom Boom Boom" and put a hi hat in there to make a good groovy sound. He later toured in the USA at Playboy mansion, which is where House became really commercial, which is where people in NY and Chi-town heard about it. Personally I discovered House at a Mark Farina party in San Diego. I had two colored glowsticks that I used to circle around in the air and baggy pants. We called those parties "raves." They were the original House parties. One of the early DJs in 1997, named Jack Francis told everyone at the rave to Jack to the beat. That's how the term jack your body came about.

So I hope this little bit of me droppin some Hous escience helps you understand the true story. If you need other information let me know.You can't love Deephouse without loving Sasha and SUPERSTAR DJ Keoki. Otherwise you aint a true house head. Paul Van Dyke to me is the King of Deep House Loft music.. Let's not forget about Johnny Dynell...

I guess you not into 150 BPM beautiful House trance.... but that's where its at man they really created what we now call House Music... I mean Sasha is a legend and a slammin DJ pumping the crowd 147 Trance Beats Per Minute..

Thankfully it was just sarcasm but holy crap. I wouldnt be suprise if theirs some morons out there who really think like this, and who think that house originated in europe.

FYI i am 25 and been playing since 1998, just around the time House started with a little known group called Deelite, and a small song called "Groove is in the Heart." Maybe you need to check your history book of House.

House originated in France with DJ Dmitry in about 1996-97. Basically he made a drum beat go "boom Boom Boom Boom" and put a hi hat in there to make a good groovy sound. He later toured in the USA at Playboy mansion, which is where House became really commercial, which is where people in NY and Chi-town heard about it. Personally I discovered House at a Mark Farina party in San Diego. I had two colored glowsticks that I used to circle around in the air and baggy pants. We called those parties "raves." They were the original House parties. One of the early DJs in 1997, named Jack Francis told everyone at the rave to Jack to the beat. That's how the term jack your body came about.

So I hope this little bit of me droppin some Hous escience helps you understand the true story. If you need other information let me know.You can't love Deephouse without loving Sasha and SUPERSTAR DJ Keoki. Otherwise you aint a true house head. Paul Van Dyke to me is the King of Deep House Loft music.. Let's not forget about Johnny Dynell...

I guess you not into 150 BPM beautiful House trance.... but that's where its at man they really created what we now call House Music... I mean Sasha is a legend and a slammin DJ pumping the crowd 147 Trance Beats Per Minute..

Thankfully it was just sarcasm but holy crap. I wouldnt be suprise if theirs some morons out there who really think like this, and who think that house originated in europe.

OOHHHH MY GoD!!!!!

Who the Fuck is this Guy!!!! :duel:

that's hilarious and also quite sad how miseducated they are - the term "House" has been degraded, exaggerated and just plain "stretched" in definition for many years though - people seem to want a "label" for everything these days when the word "music" fits quite nicely instead... I'm tired of hearing so many DJs labeled as "house djs" just becaue they can't find another classification for them other than the fact that they don't play trance so they say "ok, let's say he is a house dj then" - c'mon!

It's a joke, but I loved "Groove is in the Heart" too.

The one thing I don't get is the sarcasm on Johnny Dynell ("Paul Van Dyke to me is the King of Deep House Loft music.. Let's not forget about Johnny Dynell").

Johnny was one of the first to play Chicago house in the city, he's been around forever, and had some of the most legendary parties in nyc. He certainly gets my _major_ respect!

The person in this post is an idiot if s/he thinks JD and people like PVD are to be put in the same bag. I think the poster tried to be funny but ended up ridiculizing himself due to his ignorance.

It's a joke, but I loved "Groove is in the Heart" too.

same here, but i believe one of the first songs that made "house/techno" famous and known on main street, was give it up by the goodmen... not dee lite, i dont even think dee lite falls into the "house/techno" category... also i still have a tape from looooooong ago when hot 97.1 was on 103.5 and they played freestyle music and on saturdays would play "club" music from certain clubs, and on one of these tapes the dude (cologne i believe his name was) was talking about techno and how it was blowing up overseas in the UK and they played this one song which they claimed was the first techno song on that station, and it was some electronic version of "here comes the sun" i want to find this tape again, rip it to mp3 and upload to here... its pretty damn funny to hear this guy talk about it.

*******anyone remember this:

http://home.att.net/~walter.tomasheski/wtcid.WAV

whatever anti-house, anti-dance attitudes you hear this century ["Nobody listens to techno": eminem etc] are NOTHING compared to the anti-disco movement of late 70s. people were attacked many times for liking disco [or "fag music" to many morons].

the funny thing is I think there are Still DANCE fans who say "I hate disco"!! {maybe techno snobs espec...?}

anyway house music is our/my music & its been a way of life for almost 20 years. and i loved soul disco & r&b from at least 1971 if not earlier.

every house fan knows its a spiritual feeling, a movement to the higher ground & into the light.

listening in 1987-88 the first tracks i remember were todd terry bango, black riot, and stuff like marshall jefferson, mr fingers, do it properly etc

whatever anti-house, anti-dance attitudes you hear this century ["Nobody listens to techno": eminem etc] are NOTHING compared to the anti-disco movement of late 70s. people were attacked many times for liking disco [or "fag music" to many morons

you can thank rick dees and disco duck for that...