Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For u Ibiza people out there, check out Radio 1

If anyone out there loves the island like i do, take a listen to Radio 1's weekend in Ibiza, celebrating 10 years in the white isle...72 hours of partying....imagine if a radio station was like that in this country...i havent been to the isle for the last 2 years but man this show could send some chills down ur spine with the history and the classics...if anyones been there ull know what im talking about...wish i could have been there in the earlier years especially when it was in its prime...what got me into the isle was the ministry of sound Ibiza CD from 99 which had some of the hottest tunes and classics of all time...check it out...www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance...i gotta even say, erick morillo who has become a juicehead favorite over here (which i dont know how) and has lost his soulful and funkyness in NYC, well his Essential mix from the terrace at Space was pretty good

If anyone out there loves the island like i do, take a listen to Radio 1's weekend in Ibiza, celebrating 10 years in the white isle...72 hours of partying....imagine if a radio station was like that in this country...i havent been to the isle for the last 2 years but man this show could send some chills down ur spine with the history and the classics...if anyones been there ull know what im talking about...wish i could have been there in the earlier years especially when it was in its prime...what got me into the isle was the ministry of sound Ibiza CD from 99 which had some of the hottest tunes and classics of all time...check it out...www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance...i gotta even say, erick morillo who has become a juicehead favorite over here (which i dont know how) and has lost his soulful and funkyness in NYC, well his Essential mix from the terrace at Space was pretty good

Morillo goes off on the terrace. I love catching him there.

Although the new terrace is nice, i sort of miss the old one.

I went to ibiza for the first time last year (2004) and had some of the best times on the terrace at space.

I went again this year and was sort of shocked to hear that they had to close down the terrace due to noise complaints from their neighboors.

Anyways, the weekend I went this year marked the first time they were going to open the remodelled "old terrace" for We Love Sundays at Space on July 17th.

They basically encased the entire old space in concrete with fans and a bangin soundsystem... so its by no means the old terrace it used to be... since that has been moved to the left when you walk in the front doors.

Anyways, they still have an outdoor terrace that you can dance around in during the day.. but the old one is all gone and has become an indoor area (which i think could use better ventilation)

:)

Been to Ibiza twice, and going again this year for the closing parties. Interested to see what they did to Space, but for real daytime party craziness, I hear DC 10 is great as well. And yes, something about the combination of Morillo and being outside is magic...his terrace set at Space Miami at WMC this year was AMAZING!

Been to Ibiza twice, and going again this year for the closing parties. Interested to see what they did to Space, but for real daytime party craziness, I hear DC 10 is great as well. And yes, something about the combination of Morillo and being outside is magic...his terrace set at Space Miami at WMC this year was AMAZING!

DC10 is amazing.

Great stuff. I've not listened to Morillo's set yet, but heard him him in Puerto Banus (near Marbella - not made it to Ibiza this year either) at the end of July and he was superb. Much housier, and funkier than he plays over here at the moment. It's a shame that the US can't come up with a radio station as good as Radio 1.