Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 5 Record Stores in NJ?

I agree with Deep about record stores sucking around here but I will put in my .02.

PlanetXusa.com - Jersey Based internet site which had a storefront in New Brunswick for well over 10 yrs. before going totally internet. That is where I get the majority of my tracks from. I have been buying from Spike since he first opened his doors in 1990

Vip Records - Main St. Freehold NJ. One of the few ture record stores left in this area with real house music and a great selection of it.

Mondo Music - Lodi (I think) good selection of deep house and everything else. I don't get up there much cause it is a trek for me.

Satellite Records - NYC. They have been kinda iffy lately but I can usually find some good shit there.

Juno Records - London UK: totally internet based for me, but they have agreat selection and they get alot of things that we don't in the states.

PlanetXusa.com - Jersey Based internet site which had a storefront in New Brunswick for well over 10 yrs. before going totally internet. That is where I get the majority of my tracks from. I have been buying from Spike since he first opened his doors in 1990

same with me, soundexpress, planet x and the music store where the beeper store on sommerset st is now...cant think of the name of it...i went to hs in new brunswick so buying music with my lunch $$$ was key...

record stores suck these days.......internet is the way to go in my humble opinion

only record store i still shop at is Cafe Soundz in montclair. bobby knows his shit :bowdown:

lol omg i cant believe that guy is still around... i used to go there to buy

trance cds and shit... hmmm im deff gonna stop by soon

I agree with Deep about record stores sucking around here but I will put in my .02.

Vip Records - Main St. Freehold NJ. One of the few ture record stores left in this area with real house music and a great selection of it.

Mondo Music - Lodi (I think) good selection of deep house and everything else. I don't get up there much cause it is a trek for me.

Satellite Records - NYC. They have been kinda iffy lately but I can usually find some good shit there.

Juno Records - London UK: totally internet based for me, but they have agreat selection and they get alot of things that we don't in the states.

Mond Music is in Rutherford off RT. 17 North....they still have a great selection of vinyl...

WELL ....

lucky for me, I like in central jersey. VIP records in freehold in 10 minutes from me. Its a great store... just got taken over by a new owner. They carry a good selection of music ... pretty much all vinyl :)

Vinylgruv.com is an online store based in jersey ... its actually located in the next development over from where i live (literally 2 minutes) .. so thats good for me. prices are great too..!!

i always prefer to phisically go to a store and listen to things ... you would be surprised how many gems i find when i grab a shitload of records and listen to them all!! once in a while ill take a trip to NYC and go to decadance, or sattelitte, etc etc ... but some of them are charging $13.99 for imports!!

if i order online, for house music, i usually go to dancerecords.com. they get EVERYTHING..!! all white labels and stuff. and their pricing is excellent! most imports are only $9.99 .. which is great.!!

i recently tried juno in the UK. its true ... they do get TONS of shit that we do not ever see here in the states... if you convert the UK to US dollars, you end up spending the same for the import that you would if it was in the record store here. only thing that sux is the shipping .... it does end up costing you like $20 and u have to wait longer to get them shipped .. so all in all, it may cost like a dollar more per record, but in the same token, a lot of that stuff you wouldnt have found here in the US anyways ...

also, the new thing is beatport.com. not all labels are signed up with them, but sooner or later, im sure most labels will be. its cool cause you can buy the whole 12" single, or just 1 mix on it. i mean its not vinyl, but its really cheap!

i dont know what places are hot on domestic 12'"s ... i usually get a lot of the domestic stuff in the mail on promo's from the labels and all ...

john farruggio

Hello, I just wanted to let everyone know that 611 Records has a new slogan;

The customer ALWAYS comes first.

I also encourage everyone to stop in 611 records when you're thinking of buying new music. 611 has Records, Cds, T-shirts, headphones, magazines, etc, etc

Djs: WHY ORDER ONLINE AND PAY SHIPPING COSTS??

Let Devont or myself know what you're looking for and we'll find out if our destributer has the record in stock and we'll order it for you. I will personally let you know if we can get your music for you.

email me at mike@axxessphilly.com