Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets fuck with the homeless now

08/22/2005

Terrosists may pose as homeless for surveillance; Somerville connection

Email Story to Friend E-mail this story to a friend

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Asking for increased vigilance in the wake of the London bombings, the government is warning that terrorists may pose as vagrants to conduct surveillance of buildings and mass transit stations to plot future attacks.

"In light of the recent bombings in London, it is crucial that police, fire and emergency medical personnel take notice of their surroundings, and be aware of 'vagrants' who seem out of place or unfamiliar," said the message, distributed via e-mail to some federal employees in Washington by the U.S. Attorney's office.

It is based on a State Department report that was issued last week. The State Department had no immediate comment Monday.

The warning is similar to one issued by the FBI before July 4, 2004 that said terrorists may attempt surveillance disguised as homeless people, shoe shiners, street vendors or street sweepers.

The e-mail stresses that there is no threat of an attack and that it is intended to be "informative, not alarming."

Homeless people easily blend into urban landscapes, the message said.

"This is particularly true of our mass transit systems, where homeless people tend to loiter unnoticed," the e-mail said.

It referred to a recent incident in Somerville, Mass., in which a police officer became suspicious about someone dressed as a street person. The officer questioned the man, discovered he had a passport from a "country of interest" -- typically a Middle Eastern or South Asian nation -- and a checkbook with a questionable address, the e-mail said. The investigation is continuing, it said.

The incident happened in early July, Somerville city spokesman Mark Horan said, when the man walked back and forth in front of the Social Security office in Somerville's Davis Square and kept looking in the windows.

"This was right after one of the London bombings," Horan said. "There was an even higher degree of sensitivity."

The man was evasive about what he was doing but wasn't arrested. Somerville police didn't investigate further but passed the information on to the FBI, Horan said. There haven't been any

similar incidents in Somerville, he said.

The FBI in Boston did not immediately return a call for comment. Three British citizens were indicted in the United States earlier this year on charges they conducted surveillance of the New

York Stock Exchange and other East Coast financial institutions in 2000 and 2001.

Discovery of the alleged terrorist plan last year prompted the Homeland Security Department to raise the terror alert for the targeted buildings, located in New York, Washington and Newark,

N.J. Security in those cities also was tightened.

Homeland Security also raised the terror alert for mass transit following the July 7 bombings in London. The alert was lowered on Aug. 12.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BOS3990/

All kidding aside, the kid is mentally disturbed, and an obvious social misfit.....so he clings to these pathetic reaches in an effort to look smart, or give his pathetic existence some false sense of meaning......

He is the typical simpleton who thinks he is the the "in" club to be anti-Bush, yet doesn't have a clue what he talking about....he can only regurgitate the moveon.org talkig points sent by sheep phone to him....

The problem with useful idiots like destruction is their noise drowns out those who debate with legitimate merit, and offer honest and true dissent....jerkoffs liek destruction never had a good, or even just an alternative idea.....they just blab jibberish to mask their mental deficiencies....history has always shown that these blowhards are nothing more than insignificant noise....

All kidding aside, the kid is mentally disturbed, and an obvious social misfit.....so he clings to these pathetic reaches in an effort to look smart, or give his pathetic existence some false sense of meaning......

He is the typical simpleton who thinks he is the the "in" club to be anti-Bush, yet doesn't have a clue what he talking about....he can only regurgitate the moveon.org talkig points sent by sheep phone to him....

The problem with useful idiots like destruction is their noise drowns out those who debate with legitimate merit, and offer honest and true dissent....jerkoffs liek destruction never had a good, or even just an alternative idea.....they just blab jibberish to mask their mental deficiencies....history has always shown that these blowhards are nothing more than insignificant noise....

Translation:

Harassing homeless people for fun is a good thing. It's the American way.

so wheres the problem??

dont dodge the question.

This reminds me of the time I heard on the "news" that "terrorists" might try to use those advance paycheck companies. Now why would a terrorist someone who has money because al qaeda pays it's members lots of money to go on suicide missions need fast cash. Sorry but it makes no sense to me. They just want you to be suspicious of the poor which ties into this article. They just want to have an excuse to up the War on Poverty. Because the War on Poverty just like the War on Drugs and the War on Terror and all the others are meant to be perpetual. The War on Poverty isn't about ending poverty in America it's about continuing the poverty cycle. They want the gap between the rich and the poor to grow, they want the poor to remain poor and never have the opportunities to improve their lives. If they did care about these things, then they would try to make post-secondary education more affordable, they would improve low-income housing, they wouldn't have welfare-to-work programs, they wouldn't have people living off of food stamps. I think you get the point.

This reminds me of the time I heard on the "news" that "terrorists" might try to use those advance paycheck companies. Now why would a terrorist someone who has money because al qaeda pays it's members lots of money to go on suicide missions need fast cash. Sorry but it makes no sense to me. They just want you to be suspicious of the poor which ties into this article. They just want to have an excuse to up the War on Poverty. Because the War on Poverty just like the War on Drugs and the War on Terror and all the others are meant to be perpetual. The War on Poverty isn't about ending poverty in America it's about continuing the poverty cycle. They want the gap between the rich and the poor to grow, they want the poor to remain poor and never have the opportunities to improve their lives. If they did care about these things, then they would try to make post-secondary education more affordable, they would improve low-income housing, they wouldn't have welfare-to-work programs, they wouldn't have people living off of food stamps. I think you get the point.

Question addressed. Question answered. Apparently you don't have much to contribute. Autistic?

what does this response have to do with the original article you posted about a homeless man?

:rolleyes:

you really are pathetic..and pretty soon you are goin on IGNORE

you have not made 1 sensible post ever.

what does this response have to do with the original article you posted about a homeless man?

:rolleyes:

you really are pathetic..and pretty soon you are goin on IGNORE

you have not made 1 sensible post ever.

It all comes down to this, simple-mind.

Any conceivable device mechanized in any method or approach to oppress the proletariat by any way to keep them down. Even if it's detaining them. It's class discrimination squared. By the wealth-empowered ruling class. Fascism at one of its' highest moments.

Predictable. I'm not surprised.

Welcome to the police state.

Put me on ignore. Run and hide. You'll only prove my point.

Translation:

Harassing homeless people for fun is a good thing. It's the American way.
Case closed.

Translation:

Hi. I'm igloo. Can I be your friend?

Ok. :D