Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where's a good place to go dancing in a scene where it's all about the music?

I used to go to the most popular & most influential club of the early 90's and stopped going out in '95 when Drum & Bass came along. However, after 10 years I want to start going back out. There's nothing like dancing to a good song IMO (betta then sex IMO). So far I've heard 2 DJ's I like - DJ Unknown & Cowboy Mark. I hate the big crowds at NYC clubs since you can't move on the dance floor (a definite must for me). I like early PVD too. Basically high-energy, italo/old school progressive piano good female vocal (non-gayish) house. However I'd rather dance to a good-techno/trance song (not my faves) than a crappy italo song so basically I'm trying to say as long as it has a good beat I'm up for it. Check out http://www.newwavehouse.com/bigger.html to see the club, Simon's, I used to go to and check out that main URL to hear my jukebox.

THANKS for the 411!!!

"Music was my first love and it will be my last.

Music of the future and music of the past."

(My theme/epitath!)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Industry??? In 1994 Mixmag polled the top 100 int'l DJ's as to their fave place in the world to spin. Over 1/2, 54, picked the club, Simon's, I used to go to. So I'm not stating that as an opinion but as a fact. That's all.

definitely industry...

Dude, deal.

And would you stop cloggin up this discussion with your replies if you're not going to tell me where I can go dance? That's all I care about. If that's industry then I am a definite industrial by far.

Depends what you're looking for.

Cielo

Crobar

Sullivan Room

Sander K and Digweed are coming up soon.

I went to go see Oakenfold at Crobar - sucka sucka sucka - I hate HUGE cheese-fest crowds (actually I was told I was pointed out to Oakenfold when I was on the floor which made me chuckle). All the huge headliner shows draw in the crowds that I hate. Honestly I'd rather it be 3 people on the floor who cared about the music then 3,000 that are there just to ogle the DJ. I've heard of Cielo so maybe I'll check that out. But is there anything on Fridays or Saturdays? I tend to be the first one on the dancefloor and the last one to leave so I need my time to dance.

I went to go see Oakenfold at Crobar - sucka sucka sucka - I hate HUGE cheese-fest crowds (actually I was told I was pointed out to Oakenfold when I was on the floor which made me chuckle). All the huge headliner shows draw in the crowds that I hate. Honestly I'd rather it be 3 people on the floor who cared about the music then 3,000 that are there just to ogle the DJ. I've heard of Cielo so maybe I'll check that out. But is there anything on Fridays or Saturdays? I tend to be the first one on the dancefloor and the last one to leave so I need my time to dance.

Check out Sander at Crobar on the 2nd. It generally doesn't get too packed, and the 2nd Digweed will be at Spirit as well so that will draw some more people out of Crobar.

So deepspell, I just came across your 'classics' posting and I suggested a few (I have all of the old Simon's music on CD (like 20 CD's worth)) - If you're into that shite I'm sure I have a ton of stuff you don't have that you're welcome to get MP3's of. Me music is UR music.

Yeah there are 2 things I worry about when I go out - the music (of course) but also "Is there going to be any room on the floor to move???". Of course paying $30 to get into a club is insane but seeing I don't know anyone yet I can't jive my way onto a guestlist yet. GIVE ME TIME THO!!!! Once you see me dancing to your music you're going to love me!!! hehehehe!!!!! The only reason why I say that is because I get into it so much. I'm not the best dancer out there but I am one of the tops that actually get into the groove. Check out my roomie dancing to PVD @ the park http://www.cjmikey.com/heather.mov -- it's the way us old Simon'ers dance.

Sorry I babble way too much - but keep the suggestions coming. It's a fact jack tho that you'll dig me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE dancing to music.

So if you can guys, tell me more about Shelter on Saturdays. I've heard the name but I don't know much about it. Were you guys ever able to check out the Florida scene back in the early 90's?

ciao!

Deepspell is there. That's all you have to know, check it out.

deepspell ---

tell you what - i don't have much dinero to go out so if i play you 3 AWESOME songs from the early 90's that you've never heard before, and giving you the mp3's too, will you put me on your guestlist? heehee... in other words too, i'll dance for you and if you're not completely into it i'll refund the admission price to the club. i would easily pay to go out but i just started working and i'm still a poor music whore as you can see....

Listen computerjockey, in all seriousness, you have 14 posts. I would say 9 of them mention Simon... take it easy. You're going to drive me fucking nuts, Simon this, Simon that, Simon music... who gives a fuck. It was 11 years ago.

Cool - I'm going to email you fool-o-la!!!! Were you able to check out my suggested playlist on your "classics" posting? I put up there stuff you would know. I have zillions of other songs that I don't think you would know the titles of. Ever hear r-2001 "Your Touch"? http://www.newwavehouse.com/listen/r2001.mp3 --- the song is a COMPLETE CLASSIC!!!! I have a million others just like it (and yes of course different shite too).

yea that classics list was key. very nice. but im probly going to play a classics show on my internet broadcast in the next 2-3 weeks. for my gigs i like to play fresher stuff right off the shelves. Lots of Acid house, Tech-House, Funky and progressive stuff

OH BAH HUM BUG on that classic stuff!!!! Is there anyway i can talk you into playing just one classic for me when you play? How about Datura's "Yerba Del Diablo" (but it has to be the right mix tho!!!)? The thing about playing most classics and that most of the people out there have no clue to what it is.