Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lance armstrong a cheat~!?

dgmodel

Nope its bullshit. The sample was 6 yrs old, epo tests have been around a few years. Why wait till last yr to test it? And if he pissed hot a year ago why take a year to come out with the evidence? And cyclists give 2 samples on every piss test. You have to have a verification sample. Why was the verification sample destroyed? Such bullshit.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050826/NEWLANCE26/TPSports/Other

do you believe he may have used an illegal blood booster, or do you think this is all bs and hype???

I don't buy it. I just believe that people are after him, especially the French, because he's been so successful. No other person has done what he's done so naturally... he must be a cheat!? I don't think so.

Nope its bullshit. The sample was 6 yrs old, epo tests have been around a few years. Why wait till last yr to test it? And if he pissed hot a year ago why take a year to come out with the evidence? And cyclists give 2 samples on every piss test. You have to have a verification sample. Why was the verification sample destroyed? Such bullshit.

the EPO test that they used actually was developed in 2001, 2 years after the samples were given, back in 1999 they didnt have the technology to test them.

aside from the witch hunt, which i think it is as the french have been out to get him for years, that still doesnt convince me that he is clean. why i believe this is because they pulled 20 urine samples from the 1999 tour and tested them, 12 came up positive, 6 -according to Le Equipe, were Armstrongs.

to me the fact that the protocol was broken in the testing of the 1999 samples and the fact that his name was linked to the samples (which canot be done by WADA codes, is totally secondary.

notwithstanding the he said, i said argument between Armstrong and the French media, I think its the Cyclism Fed, best interest to get to bottom of it once and for all, to either totally exonerate Armstrong once and for and take legal action against Le Equipe (and their parent company which also owns and runs the Tour) or to acknowledge that Armstrong did use illegal substances.

we were all convinces Palmeiro was telling the truth in Congress, see how he ended up. I think that alot of times federations, leagues, etc, are afraid to get to the bottom of things and really persecute anyone notable. After what the Tour and the sport went through in 1998 and the effirts they made to clean up the sport, these are serious allegations against the biggest cahmpion the sport has ever seen. Its up to them if they want to turn a blind eye a-la MLB with Barry Bonds, or really seek what is best for the sport and clean it up regardless of the name.

anyone see Larry King yesterday? Armstrong was on, he did say a few things to his favor.

1. he's gotten tested over 200 times in competition.

2. he gets randomly tested in the off season.

what makes me wonder:

1. EPO is in and out of your system in 2 weeks. conceivably anyone can do cycles of it, and in 2-3 weeks, it wont be in your system.

2. new masking agenst are always being developed, we all know perfomance drug manufacturers are way ahead of the curve compared to the drug testers.

i admire him for what he did, but his name doesnt exonerate him from being investigated if there is suffecient proof that suggests that he might have used illegal substances, and over the years they have managed to dig up enough proof that that might be the case.

once and for all, either totally clear up his name, or punish him if he did cheat.

"Still, uncertainty shadows both the innocent and the guilty: It is simply too easy to avoid getting caught. EPO has been in the peloton since the eighties, but it was undetectable in drug screens until 2000. Current tests work only if administered within six days of EPO use—performance benefits can remain for up to six weeks—so authorities look for indirect clues like an elevated hematocrit, a figure determined by the percentage of red cells in the bloodstream.

Healthy adult males have a hematocrit of up to 46 percent. To avoid busting athletes with a naturally high count, the Switzerland-based Union CycIiste Inter-nationale (UCI)—cycling's governing body—set the acceptable level at 50. But anyone with a wallet-size centrifuge, hypodermic needle, and blood-thinning solutions can easily tweak down to a perfectly legal 49.9 percent in minutes. "

good article:

http://outside.away.com/outside/news/200406/cycling_epo_1.html