Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Green Fucking Day

jeffgq

i think danny and i prefer the 10 years ago rock to the stuff they have today.. all though i like the american idiot album, he doesn't.

right danny ;)

When Dookie came out, I was all over that shit...by that time I thought I was a musician...so I spent endless seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months...learning every guitar lick from Billy Joe, every bass line from Mike Dirnt and every single drumroll from Tres Cool...whom by the way had a style never before heard before...I mean, it had been done but not the way he did it...fast, powerful and clean...sloppiness nowhere to be found. Of course, the time was magical with bands such as Nirvana, Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Body Count, Ministry, Jesus and Mary Chain, Alice In Chains and the whole "alternative" movement brewing...it was a good time for rock'n roll...that shit was rocking hard...the Lolapallooza tours!!!

I miss rock more than I thought, I've had a great couple of rockin' months...went to see Kings of Leon, System of a Down w/ Mars Volta, just last friday Green Day...and I'm glad to say, rock is alive and well...you just have to dive in a pool of shit and pick it with your teeth (kinda like fear factor) but it's there...maybe audiences in Miami are too "tropicalized" to care for it, therefore bands and booking agents won't even bother heading down our way anymore (at least not for now and who knows until when) hopefully next year roick will come back trimphantly and kick those ghetto motherfuckers back to the ghetto where they belong so they can all shoot each other to death and leave entertainment for truly talented musicians...this hip hop shit has gone too far, I believe this recent experience for Miami hosting the VMA's and how awkward it has become to be a ricker on a hip hop dominated industry, let alone the shootings at a south beach 5 star hotel...come on, that's just ghetto shit...fuck hip hop already, bring the rock on!!!

:rock:

*shrug*

I've always been into weird shit. Back then I was listening to shit like Primus, Mr. Bungle, Frank Zappa, Ween. The punk rock thing wasn't doin' it for me.

I can dig the songs more now that I have to actually play them in my band(s).

But as far as Green Day.....yeah......couldn't stand them in the dookie days.....Their new shit just sounds more mature and more powerful musically and lyrically.

I've always been into weird shit. Back then I was listening to shit like Primus, Mr. Bungle, Frank Zappa, Ween. The punk rock thing wasn't doin' it for me.

I can dig the songs more now that I have to actually play them in my band(s).

But as far as Green Day.....yeah......couldn't stand them in the dookie days.....Their new shit just sounds more mature and more powerful musically and lyrically.

omg primus.. lol Haven't heard them in ages!

well thats your problem

Believe me I had no problem with not liking that shit. I was busy listening to bands like Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains, Primus, Faith No More, Beastie Boys, Fishbone.....all of those bands could have schooled Green Day back then.

NOW Green Day is good. The kids grew up.

Believe me I had no problem with not liking that shit. I was busy listening to bands like Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains, Primus, Faith No More, Beastie Boys, Fishbone.....all of those bands could have schooled Green Day back then.

NOW Green Day is good. The kids grew up.

I was listening to those same bands back then also.. but I liked Green Day much better.. go figure :P

I was listening to those same bands back then also.. but I liked Green Day much better.. go figure :P

I'm just replying to the statement about having a "problem".....I recognize they got real popular with Dookie....but like I said....I wasn't feelin' it.....bottom line: different strokes for different folks....