Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gotta get Sirius

5 dance stations plus Radio 1....just got it....definitely the way of the future and theyre getting howard stern in january...i hope it makes all this commercial bullshit and terrible radio stations go bankrupt....XM is probably good too but with Radio 1 on Sirius is good enough for me...the dance stations are good like Channel 62 (Remix) and Channel 63 (Area 53)...they definitely have some ways to go but theyre wayyyyy better than the radio...give it time and theyll get to be where they should be..just listened to a James Zabiela guest mix on Remix...awesome awesome stuff...plus i dont have to sit in front of my computer to listen to Radio 1 now....the only downside is that their shows arent simulcasted..its on a time delay...so in other words while pete tong is live at 6PM UK time (1PM US time), we dont get it at 1PM via Sirius....when 6PM rolls around to the US then we get it...i can live with that though...i think its only a matter of time til DJs like Digweed and Sanchez who have worldwide sindicated shows come over to the US via satellite radio or sirius...sirius is also putting out a handheld radio in a few months FYI.

I have XM in my car, and have dish network at home which broadcats the Sirius feed. I love XM because of Opie and Anthony, BPM is a good dance chanel and the System plays some good trance songs, THE MOVE palys mostly Drum and Bass but they hav the Avalon show and Def Mix which plays some David Morales mixes, alot of Morillo type of house, the 1 dj(ANNOUNCER ALAN FREED) sux. Sirius area 63 is great for all u trance fans, PVD,Tiest<armin, great NY style dj,s. kinda KTU, but with EDM knowledge. Sirius, with radio 1 is def better, i like XM but sirius has better announcers aND BETTER MIXES