Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Now Is The Time

for the Mets to show that they are for real...

3 game series with the Phillies who are ahead of us by 1 1/2 games in the Wild Card race. Coming off a tough last 2 games but still an overall good road road trip, going 5-2.

We've played well against the Phillies so far this year but now is when it counts...now is the time that Mr. Carlos Beltran needs to step his game up and help carry us into the playoffs like he did last year with Houston. David Wright needs to continue to play how he has been. Jose Reyes needs to get on base. We need to score runs and have solid starting pitching.

I would love to see Seo have another great outing and get us going in the right direction....

Shea should be jumping!!! :bounce:

Sorry, it was pittsburgh that he raped the chick.

Marlins' Castro charged with rape

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player released on bond in Pittsburgh

The Associated Press

PITTSBURGH - Florida Marlins catcher Ramon Castro was released on $25,000 bond Friday, a day after he was charged with raping a woman in his hotel room.

Castro, 27, from Vega Baja, Puerto Rico, didn't comment as he walked past reporters outside the Allegheny County Jail shortly after 4 p.m. Friday. He was arrested and charged Thursday night.

Although Castro posted bond after being arraigned Friday morning, his release was delayed while he underwent a psychiatric evaluation required in all cases in Allegheny County when someone is accused of a sex offense.

Officials with the Marlins did not return phone calls for comment Friday. The Marlins returned home to play Montreal on Friday night.

Castro's attorney, former U.S. Attorney J. Alan Johnson, did not return calls for comment.

A 28-year-old woman said Castro met her at a bar in the hours following Wednesday night's game between the Marlins and the Pirates, Pittsburgh police Lt. Kevin Kraus said. The woman told police that she, Castro and another couple then went to the Westin Convention Center Hotel downtown, where Castro was staying with the team, Kraus said.

The woman alleged the assault took place early Thursday in Castro's room after the other couple left, Kraus said.

The woman went to a hospital early Thursday morning and the hospital called police at 5:42 a.m. The woman was treated for what Kraus described as minor physical injuries, and released.

After Castro was arrested Thursday evening, Johnson, his lawyer, said the ballplayer was innocent.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 4.

ahahahaha....when will there be time for sangria? what time you guys gonna be in the city? and it is DEF gonna be sloppy, gonna be a long day/night of drinking. Might get cut off by the bartender by 10:00pm again

yo, no matter what we have to do all you can eat sushi on Sunday before you leave...i've been fiening for it

so we are guilty before being proven innocent now? :confused:

It was when he was with the marlins

At least the Guys Piazza raped kept it out of the papers

here is the outcome of that "situation" with castro

PITTSBURGH -- The District Attorney's Office agreed Monday to drop all charges against a Major League Baseball player who had been accused of raping a woman in downtown Pittsburgh.

Under the deal, Ramon Castro will plead no contest to a misdemeanor charge of non-aggravated indecent assault and be sentenced to one year of probation, according to his attorneys.

Castro, a catcher with the Florida Marlins last season, does not admit any criminal conduct but said he wants to spare his family from further embarrassment.

A 28-year-old woman claimed that Castro forced himself on her in his hotel room after they had gone clubbing in the Strip District on Aug. 28, 2003. At the time, Castro was in town with the Marlins for a series against the Pirates.

In court on Monday, Castro, who is married, apologized for inappropriate behavior in having any contact with the woman at all.

Castro was originally charged with rape, sexual assault and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse -- all felonies

...pedro crashes and burns today...i was listening to the game on xm and could hear it falling apart...if a shit like me can tell it's time he gets out of the game, what in the fuck are the managers thinking?...bleh...early rubber match tomorrow...let's just take the series and i'll be happy....

...pedro crashes and burns today...i was listening to the game on xm and could hear it falling apart...if a shit like me can tell it's time he gets out of the game, what in the fuck are the managers thinking?...bleh...early rubber match tomorrow...let's just take the series and i'll be happy....

mets suck

go marlins :)