Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KTU's Jules on the mic at Temps on Sunday

K almost a month ago.. who da fuck cares!!!!!!!

Stiff.. no dis respect in my last post!

Actually da good part of Newark...... I there is one!

yeah none taken.........my bark is much worse than my bite sometimes when I post.......I guess its that small guy syndrome!!!!! Plus its more fun to argue on this board than just talk!!

the lavs for TV are made by either Shure or Lectrosonics, so don’t trash the shure name, they put out some good shit. most of the RF mics you see at concerts are all Shure Beta 87s or SM58s.

As far as where the rcvrs are located that all depends on the situation, when your doing live TV you have the rcvrs mounted to either the camera itself and/or an additional rcvr mounted back in the ENG truck, both usually more then 'a few feet' away in a breaking news situation or even just in a briefing room for a press conference. The range on most UHF gear is about 1000 feet.

As far as checking out frequencies before use, only a MORON wouldn’t do that if the gear was being used for a broadcast. The shure UHF stuff has signal metering right on an LCD on the front panel, and even lets the engineer change the freq of the handheld from the receiver if he see's a problem cropping up. Just because you've never 'seen' a radio engineer do his due diligence doesn’t really amount to much- how many times have you watched one setup a broadcast from start to finish? Do you know any engineers? Because it sounds to me like you’re basing most of this on pure speculation.

I've seen many engineers set up start to finish and worked with many. Most seemed more concerned about what bar they have the radio station comps at than if their mics have freq issues. Using an in house abused wireless for on air broadcast is insane. The radio engineers dont even know what a frequency counter is. I wouldnt call the clear channel remote broadcast people engineers they are the fools who are interning and who will do it for $100.

I wouldnt call the clear channel remote broadcast people engineers they are the fools who are interning and who will do it for $100.

I dunno who you've worked with but none of the CC engineers are interns, most, myself included all run their own consulting businesses doing sound for TV and radio on the side as well, and in the case of KTU that night the Chief Engineer was actually the guy on site.

I'm not saying the same holds true for all radio station, espically in small markets like south jersey who use interns or jocks to do their own sound setups, but not the case in market 1.