Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D.J.P a turn table master.

marcblemberg

I disagree. Tabu on Sundays are great!!! I don't understand why everyone is hating. Have any of you guys been to Tabu recently? If your answer is no, then you have no room to talk!!!! DJ P is one of the best DJs in town, he does the so called "Mash Up" live, not pre-recorded, his programming is on point, he scratches, he will make your jaws drop!!! Tabu is not about who's hot, who's not, who's got the bigger chest, the shortest skirt, and the tallest club no-hawk. It's about have FUN, dancing, drinking, and listening to the sickest re-mixes done live.

I'll be at Tabu talking pictures, check out DJ P and the rest of the Rock Steady Crew, you will not be disappointed.

You don't understand why everyone's hating? Maybe you need to read the archives here. People don't appreciate a promoter who feels the most effective way to blow up a new night is to insult and accuse everyone else of stealing mixes, saying competing venues attract gang members, etc. Then on top of that, he spams every message board from other cities about his lame night in Vegas. I know this is a surprising concept, but Vegas IS about who brings an attractive, sexy crowd! I don't go clubbing to support promoters who hate on every club while advertising a boy fest, turntable scratching and battles. I go to hear great music, not matter what type of media the dj uses, to hook up with people, to enjoy music not scratching etc. So Vegas02, do you work for ClubPlanet, Tabu or both? I suppose you don't work for ClubPlanet since I have seen you criticiz other clubs that advertise on ClubPlanet, so my guess is that you are involved in one way or another with this night you support, while the promoters have been on a mission to piss off everyone else in town.

You don't understand why everyone's hating? Maybe you need to read the archives here. People don't appreciate a promoter who feels the most effective way to blow up a new night is to insult and accuse everyone else of stealing mixes, saying competing venues attract gang members, etc. Then on top of that, he spams every message board from other cities about his lame night in Vegas. I know this is a surprising concept, but Vegas IS about who brings an attractive, sexy crowd! I don't go clubbing to support promoters who hate on every club while advertising a boy fest, turntable scratching and battles. I go to hear great music, not matter what type of media the dj uses, to hook up with people, to enjoy music not scratching etc. So Vegas02, do you work for ClubPlanet, Tabu or both? I suppose you don't work for ClubPlanet since I have seen you criticiz other clubs that advertise on ClubPlanet, so my guess is that you are involved in one way or another with this night you support, while the promoters have been on a mission to piss off everyone else in town.
How have I critisized other clubs? If you think I did, that was just a personal opinion of my own, it has nothing to do with clubplanet or tabu's tiding. And you know what? I do work for clubplanet, offically. I don't work Tabu what's so ever, I have no relation with them, but I do like the music that they play on Sundays and Tuesdays, and sometimes on the weekends. I go there around 2 or 3 times a month, and support the talent they bring in from all over the country and the world. I support the clubs that I like. I understand that Mr. Freeze did come off a little extreme but you got to understand what kind of background he came from. If you don't, do a little research online and then you'll understand. Mr. Freeze was featured on VH1 Hip-Hop honers. He has done so much for the hip-hop culture that we thrive on today that he has room to talk. He might come off as a rude motherf**ker, but that's his personality. I met him in person, and he was very nice.

Give the tabu a chance before you dis on it. Especially if you have never been there....on a Sunday night.

Oh and one more thing. I support Mr. Freeze on what he is saying about the DJ AM stole (bit) DJ P's mixing style. It's like if you have ever painted a masterpiece, but you weren't well known, and were selling your painting on the street. Then some rich dude saw your painting and stole your idea, and the next week the dude sold his painting for millions of dollars and all the media was saying that he had revolutionized a new era in art. And he did not give you any credit what so ever.

Basically I support the music and the true talent in this whole djing thing, and I think DJ P deserves more creditably.

I respect a lot of things you said but you have the DJ thing all backwards. DJ AM and every other DJ does not need to give credit to anyone. The whole nature of DJing is that DJs play OTHER people's music using collaborative resources and styles. Freeze getting angry at AM is like you getting angry at a quartback for not giving props to the companies who make footballs! Quarterbacks also do not go on interviews and discuss who invented the plays.

DJing itself is an art form. Yes, DJs does play other peoples music, but it is how they make the transistions, do trick mixing, and programing that makes them special. Everyone can play other people songs, even a machine, example: a juke box. But a DJ's job is to read the crowd and play the right songs, the right way, at the right moment. This is what DJs hold as their own talent and creativity. Again it's an art form, not something that can be done easily. It takes time and practice and thinking. Again back to the examples, all the artists are influcenced by another artists. And usually when they give credit to those who inspired them. In this case with AM, he didn't mention anything about DJ P or Z-trip.

Anyways, Tabu Sundays rock, I like it. I've been there so many times. Everytime I had fun.

I want you to know that first of all,I respect what you say outbox and the way that you think.

we all have the right to voice opinion.

when im putting out my posts im not at all mad.

I personally just tell the facts,and the facts are in the culture of hip hop (and dj am sais he is a club dj, but i also know he is dope top of the line hip hop dj)There is something called bitting,and in this culure of Hip Hop,that is a big no no aginst the law,and your right am doesn't have to say anything,but i wanted eveyone to know the facts.

as for my other posts way back when.

The CD player from OPM was the one talking bull shit to me.

From the begening.

Im not going to sit there and take his shit when if you know anything about this culture he is not even a Dj forget about Hip Hop..

He has no voice in this culture unless he can prove himself..

The club he spins CD'S @ is not a hip hop spot.

ya they play rap songs,im sure theres lots of ladys,and its packed all the time.

BUT ITS NOT A HIP HOP SPOT........ and that is a fact.

thats why i started giving it back to him.

Im very direct when someone challenges me in what i helped create.

Everything is a battle in hip hop & in life,the B,Boy's Dance's agains each other to see who has the most creative moves,MC's battle to see who has the best rhymes and style... DJ'S scrath mix...and the graff writters battles to see who has the most tags to become all city or the best pieces..

Its the nature and back bone of this culture..its pure and raw.

Clubs battle to be the best.

In this case there are only two clubs that give pure real deal hip hop cultural experience from the places ive been to around town..

One is john DJ John Doe from the get back every first friday of the mounth @ the ice house Lounge..

The other one is Slide on sunday nights at tabu..and i have to give it to DJ Prest,& DJROB..those are true DJ's.

my point was,when i wrote my first post about AM.

I felt he should let the press know who he got his mixes and style from.

It would have made him look greater then what he already is instead of a bitter..

by the way AM and i were able talk via e-mail and we are cool together with no problems.

and for you to say that sunday night @ tabu with DJP is a joke.

im sure you havent been there since DJP has moved to vegas.

anyway take care.

Mr freeze

Rock Steady crerw

:bounce:

I didnt say that everyone else stole i just said am,nore was i trying to get the AM's crowd that come to tabu.

I couldnt care less.

I wanted everyone to know were he got his mixes from thats it.

and the man called vegas02 has nothing to do with the promotions of Slide.

we dont even know each other.

what people cant state facts about slide sunday nights @ tabu?

If they have something real to say they work with me?

WRONG...

mr freeze

rock steady Crew

:bounce:

Oh Boy.

People from all over the world know rock steady crew i have to let people from other places know about it.

so if i was to think like you,i Guess you work for OPM.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew.

You don't need bboys, grafs, scratching and battling to be a HIP-HOP club. In THIS town (not NY) most people want to HEAR hip-hop and if you HEAR familiar hip-hop music then that's FINE. Being part of a culture is EVOLVING with it TOO! Even if the dj uses a computer, cds, or 8 tracks. MOST people don't care. And no djs here even have a forum to give credit to originators or any of that. It's not that djs don't appreciate or respect those people, it's just irrelevant because the ART FORM of djing has to do with all the things Vegas02 said, but that's where it ends. There are a lot of people from the old school that embrace newcomers and don't act like they deserve no respect. In this town people cooperate and collaborate. It's NOT a battle and never will be. Corporations don't battle the way you define battle. They compete in BUSINESS. Adult business. YOU work for a corporation now. It's different. I guess we're both right.

i never said anything bad about new comers.

If it wasn't for them the culture would die.

your speaking like a person who has brought nothing to the table and is making an excuse for everything.

you cant erase written history.

why are trying to revamp the hole culter.

it doesnt matter that were in vegas.

they are doing a bronx creation.

when ever a club plays a rap record they are playing what the bronx created.

thank god most of the new genaration dosen't have your views

because this culture would die.

Im sorry but for a club to call it self a hip hop club.

If it doesn's have the four elments it not a Hip hop Club.

why are you so against the real.

a club that has Beautiful woman and does great numbers at the door & bar is a very sucessfull club.

woman meeting men,guys buying bottle thats great.

corperate is happy.

thats does not make it a Hip hop Spot.

you have to remeber there are some people that want a place to get drunk and act stupid and theres the clubs with culture.

at slide thats exactly what they get.CULTURE...

Mr freeze

Rock Steady Crew

www.concretemasters.net

:bounce

Who's to say there's no culture in other spots just because the music is not mashed up with originals or soul. The reason hip-hop lives is simple.. MTV, RADIO, YOUNG GENERATION, NEW ARTISTS, THE MEDIA, AND MAINSTREAM ENTERTAINMENT. Yes the originators are just that, the originators. But that doesn't mean the new generation has any less culture. Just means its different culture - new culture. If it sells bottles, cover charges, brings hot women, and packs it in, then its succesful and hip-hop if that's the format. Sorry bro you can live in the past but we're in the here and now, and that's the real.

Your the stupidest person on the planet.

Hay everybody if it wasn't for MTV there wouldn't be anymore Hip hop.

Ive never heard anyone as Stupid as you.

MTV shows rap videos that's it.

And in January you'll see me On MTV Teaching what Hip Hop is.

Please keep your views coming cause ill mention them on the show and shoot them down.

HIP Hop was here before MTV's here without it, and will always be here,

you are so insulting to say HIP HOP is Here because MTV and your other stupid reason.

Its here because of the creators.

And because of the clubs that put on real cultural events.

Hang out in your little clubs buy those bottles,ya get the alcohol that will get you the ladies.

Will be performing with DJ Z-trip @ theHouse of blues end of the month come and learn some culture please because your so lost.

Mr. Freeze

Rock Steady Crew.

Yeah I guess you're right. The media that drives music sales has NOTHING to do with keeping hip-hop alive! I'm sure hip-hop would be so alive if MTV and other media outlets played trance music all day.

I wonder why freestyle is dead. I wonder why the founders of freestyle caught a glimpse of reality and moved onto greener pastures that paid more bills??

Yeah I guess you're right. The media that drives music sales has NOTHING to do with keeping hip-hop alive! I'm sure hip-hop would be so alive if MTV and other media outlets played trance music all day.

I wonder why freestyle is dead. I wonder why the founders of freestyle caught a glimpse of reality and moved onto greener pastures that paid more bills??

Freestyle is music not a culture.

It most really piss you off that you had NOTHING to do with the creation of Anything.

Your just a side liner,a wannabe,a shit talker.

theres two kinds of people in this world.

People who Create & the ones Who Steal.

Mr freeze

Rock steady Crew.

theres two kinds of people in this world.

People who Create & the ones Who Steal.

That sir, is where you are DEAD WRONG. If this were true then you and your crew are thieves as well. I mean did you create the turntable? Did you create purcussion instruments? Did you create spray paint? Did you create vinyl? Did you originate all the elements of hip-hop music? Did you build New York?

The truth is that the WHOLE WORLD THAT WE LIVE IN is the journey from creation to and from innovation to and from development to and from improvement. People who use techniques, tools and collaboration to provide an innovative experience are not thieves. They are just part of the evolutionary culture that keeps things moving forward.

Don't hate the game, don't single out the players who succeed, embrace them and stop acting like you are better than others. In the long run, you will find yourself succeeding beyond your own limitations.

That sir, is where you are DEAD WRONG. If this were true then you and your crew are thieves as well. I mean did you create the turntable? Did you create purcussion instruments? Did you create spray paint? Did you create vinyl? Did you originate all the elements of hip-hop music? Did you build New York?

The truth is that the WHOLE WORLD THAT WE LIVE IN is the journey from creation to and from innovation to and from development to and from improvement. People who use techniques, tools and collaboration to provide an innovative experience are not thieves. They are just part of the evolutionary culture that keeps things moving forward.

Don't hate the game, don't single out the players who succeed, embrace them and stop acting like you are better than others. In the long run, you will find yourself succeeding beyond your own limitations.

Yap Yap Yap

You talk alot but say nothing.

Spoken like a true bullshit artist.

Remember this,you read history books.

Im in them.

PS...i dont think im better then anyone.

Just better then you.

Rockl Steady Crew.