Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hot 97 Throwback

cookie6

Thanks bro-i'll pick u uP aT 8 fahr12.gif

i always get a kick outta the smilies this girl puts up .. and HOT 97 is the worse thing to ever happen to hiphop ... and what the fuck is 105.1's problem by taking a 7 yr old track and saying .. BACK IN THE DAY 1998 ... WTF .. that isnt old .... I got empty K jars older than that

and what the fuck is 105.1's problem by taking a 7 yr old track and saying .. BACK IN THE DAY 1998 ... WTF .. that isnt old .... I got empty K jars older than that

LMFAO...dude, that shit is the best...how many times can we listen to Mariah Carey and the 8 versions she has of that song, and Gwen stefani, since when did she turn ghetto, anyhow...its good to hear some old skool BIGGIE here and there

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what elevatedflow was trying to say are those songs aren't "throw backs" because they aren't old enough. Maybe he's looking for songs in the late 80's or early 90's.

Either way it sounds very Silverbullish of him. Like when we talk about JP Classics and the Bull bust out some list of songs from the 1940's to represent REAL classics

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think what elevatedflow was trying to say are those songs aren't "throw backs" because they aren't old enough. Maybe he's looking for songs in the late 80's or early 90's.

Either way it sounds very Silverbullish of him. Like when we talk about JP Classics and the Bull bust out some list of songs from the 1940's to represent REAL classics

If it's not NWA, it ain't classic

Oh my bad Playa!!! i get it now...no no no I only like KRS ONE and EPMD and old shit like that

But yes, that was very Gabe of him

My apologies if i came across a bit jaded on the subject. I also will not bore you with the details of my history with hip-hop to validate my opinion. I love hiphop and rap, i just disapprove of media outlets branding a song as a " back in the day " track or a " throw back " when they are far from such.

NMN i feel that i was only critiquing the choice of words used to identify the song, and I believe i refrained from naming any songs i felt were true " throw backs " ... like gangstars mass appeal ... now that is a classic, or DWYCK, cause that is BACK IN THE DAY shit fo'sho!

I listen to the Throwback too, before that it was called Old School at noon.

Some long time ago, they brought up what is a throwback. Mr. Cee basically said his set is for tracks that are at least 4 years old.

Once in awhile he'll play a segment of classic dance/house, and 80's tunes. :shades2:

i always get a kick outta the smilies this girl puts up .. and HOT 97 is the worse thing to ever happen to hiphop ... and what the fuck is 105.1's problem by taking a 7 yr old track and saying .. BACK IN THE DAY 1998 ... WTF .. that isnt old .... I got empty K jars older than that

lol

Pipe down sparky, it was Tu Pac's 9 year death anniversary and I was just enjoying his little tribute

oh and im curious to know how long you've been playing with tier36.gif I didn't know about it in 1996...i dont think

.no no no I only like KRS ONE and EPMD and old shit like that

:getdown: