Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tori Amos and Dido

myrlin

I had the NEED to hear a beautiful female voice after this weekend so I went out and bought Toria Amos "Little Earthquake" and the DiDo CD. Had been lazy and downlaoded mp3 the last few months so I just went out and got these.

Perfect driving home at 6am music, btw. There is nothing quite like a female singing voice, it kinda drives me nuts smile.gif

I also downloaded a Deep Dish remix of Blue Skies (which is awesome) and two other mixes, one of Tori Amos, the other of Sarah Mclachlan I love you.

If you have any more suggestions, Im up for em. God I love women singers wink.gif

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

Tori is one of the most gifted, talented, underrated artists in the world.

She has moved me to tears in her live performances. She is one of the people where I feel remixing her stuff kind of soils it, because it covers her vocals and kills her piano

BUT:

Armand Van Helden is big on remixing her stuff, I think he did "professional Widow" and "Talula" among others.

Little Earthquakes is the best album by Tori Amos imo. I loooove that cd! "China" is my current fave track...

I have to agree with Cazz that she is sooo talented, everytime I listen to her, I want to run out and learn to play the piano!

If you want to listen to some classic beautiful female voices, Ella fitzgerald sings like an angel, and Billie Holliday is like butta!

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Dido is absolutely phenomenal!(is that spelled wrong? i dunno oh welL! hehe)

there are no words to describe how amazing her lyrics and music are...her Cd is perfect..it goes through every emotion a girl (or guy) could ever have about the people they are in love with...i'm DYING to see her live..but she's done touring in this area for now...

i would love for some kick ass DJ to remix one of her songs...(not just Eminem cuz he cut the best part of that song in his )i just hope Dido doesnt get overplayed on the radio b/c she would lose her "uniqueness"..cuz when a song is overplayed people get sick of it..and no one should get sick of Dido.in my humble opinion =)

and just to let u guys know..this is going back a few years ago...when i was in europe, i fell in love with this group called Faithless...then they hit the states and had a few songs in clubs...you know INSOMNIA..the one that goes "i can't get no sleep.." well, Dido was in that group...and she did all the girl singing parts on the album..so if u thought Dido sounded familiar thats probably why....

ok..i probably babbled enough and annoyed some people..but hey i love dido! hehe

=)

*Diane*

...."and i wont go.. i can't sleep...until ur resting here with me.." ~Dido~

cwm17.gif

------------------

"Dance like nobody is watching...and love like it will never hurt"

"Fightting for peace..is like f*#king for virginity"

think about that one..

;)