Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the doors

j303j

just watching the movie and realizing how great of a poet jim morrison was. i used to listen to the doors alot when i was younger but really don't listen to them that much anymore. i have a few books of poetry that morrison wrote and they are really good. how many of you agree with me that he was a great poet?

------------------

ALWAYS ORIGINATE, NEVER PIRATE.....

AOL J303J

after my junior year of college, i transferred. it sucked for the most part, but one of the better memories i have from that time was getting into the doors and reading a lot of morrisons, shit.

so, yeah, i agree. no doubt.

i think a lot of it had t do with what he was putting in his body, but either way he did have quite a way with words

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

definetly a great poet. you should check out "an american prayer" i mean the spoken word album. real mellow, can hear the words and the music. in the movie, the scenes when he is speaking in the studio, that's what he is recording.

great movie too smile.gif

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

Guest cosmicgirl

RIDERS ON THE STORM has been fixated in my brainy for the last week! i loooooooove the doors!

------------------

What goes on?!?!

Got ripped a few nights ago with mah roomies and watched The Doors again... yeah, you get the feeling that some peeps were simply ahead of their time.......

And of course, it proves that Ollie Stone is a bonafide badass..... Natural Born Killers is another film that really digs into the darker side of things.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."