Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which Major Nightclubs will be gone/around in 1 year?

sotuorlando

In your expert opinions which are some of the nightclubs that you see falling victim to the viscious Miami nightlife? Also which ones do you see surviving? IMO, Metropolis stays, Gentlemen, have you seen HOW MUCH ASS IS IN THAT PLACE.....and If it was'nt for their deep pockets I'd say Nocturnal goes. Talk amongst yourselves!

There isn't really such a thing as an expert opinion at this point (but I'm sure saleen351 will try to convince you otherwise). It all boils down to pure speculation.

Personally, I don't think Nocturnal will disappear. For one, investors put too much money into the place to let it go so early in the game. If they become more desperate, they might consider adding a reggaeton night or something. Nocturnal is still focusing on dj talent for the most part, and that's why I continue to go (although more sporadically). No other large nightclub has a friday night with music similar to what Aquabooty brings and I think that's a plus. Nocturnal has a very strong friday night and Craze brings in a huge following by being the best "hip hop" dj that Miami's got. And, from what I've heard, Biz and Roland definitely keep the place packed after Aquabooty. Although the club could focus a little more on their saturdays (more Stryke and other great talent like last night), overall I think Nocturnal hasn't lost sight of their initial objective.

I have yet to go to Metropolis (and you probably won't see me there for a long time) simply because no one who has spun there has really intrigued me enough to get me to drive to downtown. So far, the only dj I'd consider seeing is Derrick May. In a year, I think if their EDM "arena" hasn't taken a turn towards typical Miami mainstream crap, people will just migrate to the other arenas. Those other arenas are what will keep Metropolis alive for many years to come.

Space will probably just continue to chug along, implementing periodic changes to its decor and configuration to keep pace and compete with everyone else. Besides that, they don't need to do much else. They've already established themselves as a "household brand name" among Miami's clubbers.

Crobar has its niche on SoBe and I don't see it disappearing any time soon. They really need to rethink their bookings and they also need to focus more on emerging local talent (shutting down the SOTU party for two months is a BIG mistake in my opinion). Mark Leventhal still packs the VIP and that's a good thing. Hip-hop is what makes money in this town.

Mansion is so mainstream that it will not die.

The Opium/Prive complex needs to do something refreshing to get back into the spotlight of EDM (but without forgetting about its hip-hop parties). It will be interesting to see how things get reshuffled once Shine opens.

Amika is also very mainstream and caters to the typical Miami crowd which never seems to dwindle to any quantity smaller than "pretentious abundance." So they'll be here for some time.

And, whether you like it or not, still the best place for pure music aficionados is BLUE. And it will continue to be and there isn't very much anyone can do about it.

So that's my opinion. My take on the "State of the Union", if you will. Read into it as much as you like. :D

Yeah, I think all the current "big" clubs will still be around in a year. There are a few rumors about certain management getting fed up about certain uppity condo owners and perhaps considering a location/venue change. But, other than that, I don't see much difference next year. Of course, there is always a chance that some club owner gets a great offer in another locale and just shuts down. But I don't see anyone going-out-of-business due to low sales within a year.

Now, in 2 or 3 years when all those big condos going up around the north end of downtown or done, that could make for an interesting development.

Yeah, I think all the current "big" clubs will still be around in a year. There are a few rumors about certain management getting fed up about certain uppity condo owners and perhaps considering a location/venue change. But, other than that, I don't see much difference next year. Of course, there is always a chance that some club owner gets a great offer in another locale and just shuts down. But I don't see anyone going-out-of-business due to low sales within a year.

Now, in 2 or 3 years when all those big condos going up around the north end of downtown or done, that could make for an interesting development.

Funketeer received a great offer yesterday to open up a club in Bismarck, ND. He's packing up as we speak! :D

First to go Players

2. anything that opens where living room was

3. Warehouse or whatever it is not I till be due for a owner change once again

4. Nocturnal is going to go thru change I say with-in 2 years

5. Metropilis is going to change alot by this time next year

6. Space is going to buy out PLAYERS, cut a door way to PLAYERs from SPACE and call it a lounge.

;)

Remind me in one year about this post see how many places I got right.

:)