Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any ferry corsten@crobar reviews?

Well I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I always wanted to see Ferry so I thought I'd check it out. I picked up Passport: Kingdom of the Netherlands this week and was kinda dissappointed, so I thought this might be a bad party. I was wrong.

Arriving around midnight at Crobar I found the line was moving pretty fast which was good. The staff was polite, and attractive. Always a good thing. Entering Crobar I was very impressed. It's a good use of space, with a great decor. I did however notice that I was charged different prices for the same drink at different bars around the club. Not a big deal though.

I think serge devant was in the main room first. He played an ok set. Nothing to crazy but the crowd was moving early. It was pretty crowded too, but not overly crowded like alot of clubs. The video screens were pretty cool too.

Ferry came on about 1:45, and he came pretty fierce. Some nice trance music kept everyone moving, and even though it was crowded on the dance floor there was a pretty bad ass battle going on until this guy who was pilling got all in the space and killed it. By the way there were very few people there rolling. Usually I prefer parties where people are on drugs since they are more likely to dance and not just stand around trying to look good, but this crowd was moving courtesy of devant and corsten. Somewhere between two and three Ferry dropped "Force of gravity" which was SICK. That was the only song from Passport that I liked, but damn does it sound different on big speakers. Definitely good stuff. Most of the people seemed to be familiar with Ferrys songs, which was cool. The music then started to sound really happy, which i hate. So I went to the bar and stood around. At this point I was thinking damn...this music is way too light and happy, I need to go home. I decided to stay though, which was good. During the "happy" hour alot of people kept dancing and then got tired and left I guess. Around four Ferry started kicking ass hardcore. He dropped a mix of "without you" which was great. This song i didn't like on his cd, but on big speakers and with good mixing it was great. He kept the music hard and fast. It was great watching him spin, hes really into the music and the crowd. He was clapping, jumping up and down, giving people thumbs up, and even stopped to pose for a picture while spinning, which i thought was totally cool. Alot of dj's are jerky, but ferry seemed to love the crowd, and the music genuinely.

By four forty five I was dying. Legs hurting, dry throat, and just feeling really crappy, but I couldn't leave the floor. I think there was some breakbeats, being played so i grabbed some water real quick and headed back to the floor. 5:10 I was dead. Ferry killed it with "Rock your body" which definitely rocked my body. I've never seen a crowd respond to a song like they did to rock your body. It was insane. Smoke machines kicked in, lights dropped from the ceiling and it was all types of nasty. The crowd had thinned out alot so there was room to dance, but it definitely was not empty. All the real dancers were bugging out at this point (all the people who came to hook up, and a large contingent of f.o.b. asians were mostly the ones who left early) but the music got too loud for me. I don't think crobars system could handle the music being played so loud and my ears really hurt.

I left around 5:40, very tired and very pleased. Walking home in the rain however sucked big time.

Justin and lisa-hope you found what you were looking for. hope you had fun in nyc

Howard from philly- you may see me in d.c. for tiesto

Justin from security-nice meeting you. see you at john jay

Thorin Aiello-nice seeing you there. hope things worked out with your d.j.

Overall it was a great night, great music, great environment. I'll definitely be going back to Crobar. Its one of the best venues I've been to all year. Kind of reminded me of a better version of the Roxy a few years back.

did not like it/his show last time i enjoyed much more/way to much techno and very little vocals/armin was so much better/enjoyed serge much more/oh well at least we didnt have to pay/maybe as the residency grows he will get back to playing classic trance, one can only hope/next fri dj rap as headliner, gonna be great....here openers are real tight/ also if you have not heard them yet check them out, you will be suprised.....sat after thanksgiving tiesto for over 21/just maybe it will be tolerable...peace

did not like it/his show last time i enjoyed much more/way to much techno and very little vocals/armin was so much better/enjoyed serge much more/oh well at least we didnt have to pay/maybe as the residency grows he will get back to playing classic trance, one can only hope/next fri dj rap as headliner, gonna be great....here openers are real tight/ also if you have not heard them yet check them out, you will be suprised.....sat after thanksgiving tiesto for over 21/just maybe it will be tolerable...peace

I didnt think he played too much techno, he definitely played some great trance tunes, Armin to me played much more techno. Overall I thought he was great, definitely had a blast.

how u get in for free?

I guess that shows the difference between the different parties people go to.

well i just dont like parties where people are standing around trying to look good and hook up. usually these are parties where people are not on drugs. this was not the case at ferry. it was not really a hookup or drug crowd. just alot of hardcore trance fans, which was great. i just like to be where people are dancing, but alot of parties i go to people arent there for the music. just an observation.

yea suddenly im not feeling so old anymore btw lol!

As we discuss theers a whole other world out there man, tu vas al ver.

i dont know what "tu vas al ver" means but im definitely looking to expand my horizons. i downloaded a bunch of those promo clips and im gonna look at them more thoroughly. i was very impressed with the ecole de sud one. crazy stuff. well see what happens over the next month. a change is definitely needed for me. thanx for all the info again.

I think Ferry had his ups and downs at different points of the night. A lot of the time, actually MOST of the time, the crowd was standing there being very dead (including myself). But when he played a good track, everyone got into it real quick. Rock your body was definately one of those times.

Ferry came on about 1:45, and he came pretty fierce. Some nice trance music kept everyone moving, and even though it was crowded on the dance floor there was a pretty bad ass battle going on until this guy who was pilling got all in the space and killed it.

- That was Lockstar...... He doesn't do any drugs and was simply drunk.. lmao

I think Ferry had his ups and downs at different points of the night. A lot of the time, actually MOST of the time, the crowd was standing there being very dead (including myself). But when he played a good track, everyone got into it real quick. Rock your body was definately one of those times.

Its amazing how people can have such different perceptions...I thought the crowd was really into it, especially after 3 AM. Many people knew the tracks he was playing, and to me just about everyone was having a blast.

Its amazing how people can have such different perceptions...I thought the crowd was really into it, especially after 3 AM. Many people knew the tracks he was playing, and to me just about everyone was having a blast.

I hate it when I know the tracks a DJ is playing. To me it shows an inferior DJ. The best nites to me are those when the DJ dropps Bomb after Bomb and I never heard any of the tracks. I do have an extensive MP3 collection, and keep very updated on all my music, but a great DJ will have bombs that no one else has. Thats what seperates a good DJ from the elite. Danny Howells did it at Spirit, and im sure Lawler will in 2 weeks. Those are always the parties I have a blast at. There is nuttin like hearing a great track for the 1st time. CHILLS!!!!!!

i dont think the crowd was really dead most of the night, it was just too packed to do anything but jump up and down. i was shoulder to shoulder for like an hour or two, it was not fun. that and there were bottles all over the floor. i hate when people leave bottles or spill drinks on the dance floor.