Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Residents just added to OPM's lineup: KID CAPRI AND FATMAN SCOOP

djmasterweb

That's correct. OPM now has the Vegas exclusive... Hip-Hop legend's Kid Capri and Fatman Scoop! And of course the weekly Thursday night with hot 97.5's DJ Exodus and the succesful Sunday night with Vegas #1 rated DJ "Franzen" from the Bay and NYC's "Majesty"... both spinning vinyl and packing the house week in and week out. Sign up at www.o-pm.com for free entry every night.

That's correct. OPM now has the Vegas exclusive... Hip-Hop legend's Kid Capri and Fatman Scoop!

MW, are they picking up their own regular nights? Moreover, I've had good times on nights with both of these guys manning decks before, but I also dig what you and Andy put together at OPM. Who's spinning what nights? (or are you guys rotating it week-to-week)

Kid and Fatman will be working their own separate nights, once a month - always on Fridays. We are trying to bring Fridays to the level of crazy support we see each and every Saturday.

On Saturdays, the formula remains the same every single week... I open with R&B and lady-friendly tracks, Andy plays the recurrent and mainstream hits 12 to 1:30ish and then I go off and play the really hot shit, mixed in with regional stuff (like Bay area) and Reggae until we finally tire everyone out and go slower from 4:30ish to almost 6. Andy also stays involved on the mic all night - keeps the party hype but he delivers it in a way that is friendly and classy.

And as anyone knows, Saturday nights are ridiculously packed and just getting stronger each week.

• 2 weeks later...

MW -- if you're not spinning on Fridays, are you still gonna be in the house? Specifically wondering if you'll be around on the 28th when I stop by OPM. Would be great to catch up with you again, and I've got a little something from Colorado I'll be bringing ya.

(unfortunately, it's not a young hip-hop loving ski bunny)