Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official "Hard-House-Head" post. How many of us are there here tonight?

Originally posted by edge420:

msoprano13 - how is JV at the Tunnel. I saw him last summer at the Roxxy and was a little disappointed. No where near as hard as I thought he would be. To me hard-banging house was Denny Tsettos last fall/wnter at EXIT. Haven't found anything similar yet. JP hasn't done it for me in a while and, well, EXIT just blows. Only night in last 6-8 months that got me floored was PVD at Twilo last month. replie or pm me if you want. I haven't been to the Tunnel since 1998! Was once my favorite place to be.

that night at roxy he was defintly catering the crowd. a lot of vocals. thats the kinda place roxy is. that crowd was not a bangnin hard ass tracks crowd, it was a commercial vocal tracks crowd so he threw down

thats what makes him a great dj imo. he adjusted then, and after the first weeks getting used to the tunnel, he adjusted brilliantly and is working that crowd perfectly w/ a great import and domestic selection mix, and bumped the bpm's up for the hi intensity crowd that represents the tunnel

biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

OK msoprano13 and pfloyd20 (hope i got them right), i've actually been wanting to meet you guys...don't think either of you were at Saturday night for Apotheosis. Sounds like the Tunnel with JV might be what i'm looking for. Have to take the parents to the airport Sunday morning early so I def canNOT go out with ys'a this Saturday but if your up for it the following one will work for me.... if not, whenevr.

------------------

house_music.gif

Originally posted by edge420:

OK msoprano13 and pfloyd20 (hope i got them right), i've actually been wanting to meet you guys...don't think either of you were at Saturday night for Apotheosis. Sounds like the Tunnel with JV might be what i'm looking for. Have to take the parents to the airport Sunday morning early so I def canNOT go out with ys'a this Saturday but if your up for it the following one will work for me.... if not, whenevr.

no doubt bro i can't go this week either, but we'll set something up

you were at last pvd? i thought he was good, not amazing but good. were you there in july? one of my top club nights ever biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

no doubt bro i can't go this week either, but we'll set something up

you were at last pvd? i thought he was good, not amazing but good. were you there in july? one of my top club nights ever biggrin.gif

-Rob

Couldn't decide whether or not to pm you or draw this out, but i had to respond to the PVD remark.....

In my 8 or 9 years of clubbing (NY, NJ, and Orlando, FL) (i'm 27) PVD last month ranked in the top 3 nights ever, and i've had some pretty sick nights. I didn't even listen to him before going... think i heard like one of his CD's. Of course we were in the VIP room the whole night which was crowd controlled so not too much pushing and shoving, drunks, etc. but still.... absolutely amazing... and it wasn't just the beans. I did something to my leg dancing, it hurt so bad i thought it was gonna fall off, but i would not stop... i could not stop! that was over a month ago and my leg is still fucked up. I hope i'm making my point, but even more importantly, i hope he is that good again when he comes back in February. I'll def do Tunnel with you and msoprano in the near future, just let me know what's up.

------------------

house_music.gif

Originally posted by gabrielll:

Msoprano13,

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be going to Factory this weekend. By the way happy birthday again-how was sat night at LL. I love JV too, He spins those sick hard-trance tracks that go right through you. He is still in my top three dj list. I think I'm goin to eXiT for new years, what are you gonna do that night, we should get a huge CNYC meet-up going cause you know mad heads are gonna go there from this board.

AIM: foppel8263

thanks for saying happy bday, by the way limelight was pretty wack, i wrote an accurate review of it, it should be a feww pages back, im probally gonna be at the tunnel on saturday but inbetween semester we'll meet at a club

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Yeah I love that hard house, thats the only thing i like to hear in a club, anything besides that puts me to sleep. Yeah definately love Johnny Vicious, damn he drives me crazy, all i could say is wow, this sat at tunnel was off the hook when he started spinnin, second fav dj. is jp at factory, he be spinnin some crazy shit too.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com