Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Welcome to the City of Brotherly Shove, out of towners beware....

Just my advice, and/or dolla's worth, if anyone is considering coming here for whatever reason..visit/party etc. here's things you should be on the look out for, so as not to ruin your experience...

1. Delaware Ave. -Shampoo and Evolution might be renowned, but i'm sooo oh soo tired of the CHEESE. ugh. del. ave needs to be shut down and remodeled, actually evolutions has a pretty nice crowd, no offense to south jersey people, but why do you guys come here and act so guidoish?

2. South St. -great place to shop, bar hop, etc, just avoid the bag ladies/men that wil follow you into a CVS and continue to heckle you until you offer up some cash or the store security throws em out. time limit on exiting hte store and avoiding further harassment: 15 minutes. they can smell that you're outta town.

3. if you're not from Fat Philly-voted the fattest city in the country- don't dare go to Geno's, Pat's, Chubby's or any number of awesome sandwich places, you arteries will be in overdrive, your heart will blow up the size of a cannolli from Villa Di Roma's (an awesome restaurant i might add) and you'll be shipped back to your home town in a hoagie roll.

4. If you're going to venture into the trendy section of the city aka MAnayunk, be prepared to practice your golf clap, nose in the air walk, and never ever show up with anything less than Prada shoes and a Gucci bag , God help you if the Hoes AT Chemistry see you wearing Gap clothes.

5. Old City and MArket St. are nice places to go, just don't get lost and end up walking onto the 95 on ramp, you will be smashed to peices

6. and one last hting, if you attempt to visit the author of this email, be prepared to either drive to her house, or if you take the train, be prepared to wait every half hour on the hour, because unlike ny, the trains to my place don't run every minute. oh and by the way, if you're going to be in south philly, learn how to say yous guys, wazzzzzzuppppp with your tongue outta your mouth, and eh yo, how YOU doin?

just my dolla's worth on recent observations.. more will be posted.

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

Maysoon...Thank you Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!

Philly is a such a shame it doesn't do anything for me club-wise. It's too mainstream and they have no door policy anywhere, so you'll be partying with kids that have no clue how to dress and have no clue what good music is, and underage nights are 17!! No joke I met a girl at Shampoo once that was 14...it made me sick to my stomach. When I usually go clubbing, it's back to NY I go.

Anyone from NY that either goes to college or lives in Philly temporarily let us know your thoughts of this small town. Peace.

------------------

smiley_md_wht.gif AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

hey sweety, highmay fluid might be somehope for you, unfortunately, philly is not a great under age town, but try Envy on thursdays i think? dunno what day it is. any ways, i've checked out fluid, gotta say a very very good vibe. ladies beware, the bathroom is unisex, but the walls are mirrored, so guys using the urinal nearest to your stall, can see EVERYTHING. just a tid bit, otherwise, go there, shake your ass, and have fun. also remember to check out aqua lounge, and gasoline. Highmay, when you turn 21, philly will be your kinda town, believe me, its jsut hard to find the chill spots at your age. lol. sad but true.

oh and one more for my list

RED LIGHTS -only a suggestion in this town!! you'd have better luck crossing the st. on a green light. sad but true, and the cops will sit there and watch 5-6 cars make their left turns on a red light- hey it cuts down on traffic..... so beware. kelly drive=indie 500.

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

LMAO. Especially about the Manayunk thing. How true is that? I go to school in Philly (right outiside....villanova). That was great. Is Evolution actually a decent crowd now? It's not all SOuth Jersey guidos?

Question: Have you ever been to Kaleidescope? I wanna check that place out but need some reviews! I know it's more of a bar than a club.

Okay Maysoon I'll give you that one about Manuyunk, mad stuck up bitches and fellas thinking they're the shiznat because they got money....that's why I don't go there, don't dig that crowd. rolleyes.gif

As for Philly, I love Philly, yes the clubs do not measure up to NY, what city does? But don't be knocking everything about it. It's got some phat chill spots, and some clubs, not all, but some are pretty good. You gotta make the best of where you go. You can't be going to the clubs with the attitude "this is nothing like NY, Philly sucks, in NY they have this and do that.." and so on. Who cares? Just go have some fun, shake dat ass, and enjoy your time out!!! biggrin.gif

I do agree that the crowds are somewhat laim and have no clue, but I don't let that ruin my time...shit I sit there and make fun of the fucker's and make my time more fun!!!

So everyone CHILL on the Philly deal!! Just enjoy it and have fun!!! biggrin.gif

I agree with a lot of what is said, Philly isn't all its cracked up to be. If you are looking for a NY style nightlife, this isn't the place. Manyunk is just horrible, so don't even waste your time. The mainstream clubs such as Shampoo, Transit, and the other Del. Ave. clubs are just that, mainstream. They occasionally pull a big name dj, and that's about the only time I'll go to those places. Evolution is getting better, and not too long ago, was the only place to go.

And then you have your more underground spots. Fluid is the place. I live 2 blocks from it, and can see a great dj every night of the week.

There are also a lot of underground, illegal parties to go to, but those you have to find. They are what Philly was made on, back in the day.

Kalidascope, for the person who asked, is okay on the weekend, but is more of a bar. It plays commercial house, and sometimes hip hop, but the crowd leaves something to be desired.

But be on the lookout for the smaller venues that play real music, ie. Silk City, Millenium, Fluid, Filo's, Eden Roc, Butter, and Lucy's. Catch those venues on certain nights and see what Philly has to offer.

Until then, don't knock it, b/c you haven't even made the effort to find the real spots.

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

k guys i totally agree with you!! i was just knocking the places that i AM familiar with, but your'/e right, Fluid is a great time, and kaleidoscope seems interesting enough, i would definitely check it out with you if you want to go lolly!! and you're right, you have to approach this place like an original, no comparisons to ny, iw as just giving people a heads up on what to expect, and these are observations i made even before ever going to an ny club. we do have a lot to offer, here, it's just a lil harder to find. and by the way guys. when in the hell are the philly peeps gonna get organized enough to have a meet up!!!!! grrrr..

------------------

k guys i'm totally agreeing with you, ididnt mean to come off that way, just pokin fun at some things that i've observed wayyy before i ever even checked out a ny club. fact still remains, philly has a lot of great places to go and offer, but it's just really hard to find em, esp, if youre like some of the people on here that are underage. the only clubs i've mentioned are the ones i've personally checked out. i think Fluid is fantastic, nothing wrong with that, and i have yet to check out Eden Roc or Kaleidoscope but if anyone is up for going let me know!! what is up with the philly peeps not having a meet up>>> grrr. i think we should!! we all seem like a decent crowd. and forget about comparisons to ny, fact is, we're a smaller and a different city entirely, can't really compare too much, and who wants to anyways?

------------------

k let me try this one more time, my post isnt showing up!! i didn't mean to seem like i was comparing us to ny, fact is the observations that i did make were ones of places i've actually been to, i wouldnt presume to generalize bout others i havent checked out yet. and these were wayy before i ever even went to ny to hang out. we're a smaller and different city entirely, i was pokin fun at things that i thought needed some changin, not tryin to compare us to ny. and when in the hell are the philly peeps getting together? lord knows we all seem fairly decent, when is our meet up??? i have yet to check out eden roc or kaleidoscope, but for those interested let me know, i'd be happy to go with ya!!! cwm12.gif

------------------

I am totally down for a Philly meet up. I like to escape campus as often as possible. I can never attend all the other meetups b/c I am always at school and can never motivate enough people to go to the city (NY) with me. I can just go when I am home on breaks and there never seems to be a meetup during that time. Anyway, a meetup in Philly will have to be after this semester if over. Most likely mid-Jan..... I know it's kinda far away, but that's what I can do. So, Safitamace, I am down for anything and everything. We'll work something out.