Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thanks to all the dj's!

aj2234

I didn't like Johnny Ramirez' set or Roque's set. They were playing without much thought as to the musical preference of the dj who was spinning after them. Luckily, Sebastian and then Stryke were able to recover quite nicely. Still, Sebastian plays best at Blue... no question about it!!! :bowdown::aright:

Jimmy T. on the patio was quite good but that percussionist has got to go! I left at 4:10.

Although as a whole, the music was decent (for a big club that has to cater to a more mainstream taste), I think the time slots in the main room should have been better thought out and djs should have worked harder to open up the main room properly.

Just my opinion. :D

Jimmy T. on the patio was quite good but that percussionist has got to go!

Live percussionist at a party is a tricky one, just because you have bongos and a cowbell that doesn't necessarily make annyone a percussionist...bad percussionists should be shot on site and disposed conveniently according to local sanitary code.

glad to hear locals rocked, I took a wrong left in Albuquerque this weekend...

:)

I didn't like Johnny Ramirez' set or Roque's set. They were playing without much thought as to the musical preference of the dj who was spinning after them. Luckily, Sebastian and then Stryke were able to recover quite nicely. Still, Sebastian plays best at Blue... no question about it!!! :bowdown::aright:

Jimmy T. on the patio was quite good but that percussionist has got to go! I left at 4:10.

Although as a whole, the music was decent (for a big club that has to cater to a more mainstream taste), I think the time slots in the main room should have been better thought out and djs should have worked harder to open up the main room properly.

you left 10 minutes into my set bitch?!?! :bigfinge:

I've got nothing to do with anything in this thread. In fact, I wasn't even there ... but I just have to say "Nice picture in your sig, Meng!" Brought back some chill-out room memories from back in the day with that one ... What ever happened to The Orb anyways?

Thanks and what do you mean what happened to the orb? They've been releasing music left and right. I think you just stopped listening. ;)

here: http://www.theorb.com

I dont normally post on this board but I occasionally read it...

and I must reply to such ignorance!!!

We all have opinions, and I can respect that you didnt like my set and that is ok.....that is not why I am replying to this.

What I do have a problem with is your ignorance as to whom I was playing for.......I was there to play for a group of people that came out to support 7 local dj's....and yes we all had people that were there to support each and every one of us....That is what made this night such a success.... We were all there to do what we do, play what we play..We were not there to cater to the musical preference for the dj that played after. There were no headliners!!!!

What do you think happens @ ultra??? or any other events where there are several djs.

Do you think that who ever is playing is worried about the musical preference of the dj who plays after him?

The answer is NO!!

Each dj plays his own flavor...

and for what you said that the club has to cater to a mainstream crowd,

do you think that Stryke is mainstream?????? i dont think so , not in the least.....

so dude what the fuck are you talking about..Think before you write such ignorant remarks.

Johnny Ramirez

Maybe you misunderstood, or more likely, I didn't clarify my comment. I think I came to Nocturnal on saturday expecting to hear the djs build up the energy slowly but steadily as the night progressed (not each dj trying to outdo the others by playing many bombs from their record bags), culminating, in the main room, with Stryke, who, as usual, played a phenomenal set of very high energy techno and house. We all know that opening a room is no easy task by any means. What I was trying to say was not that you should have played FOR Sebastian, but rather, kept in mind his style so as not to play tracks that release energy too soon (sometimes it's good to hold back). Each dj has their own style... that's what differentiates you all. But I arrived at midnight and you were already banging it out with some pretty well known latin house bombs. So that's what I meant when I said the time slots could have been arranged better (and I know this was entirely out of your control). You could have played exactly what you played except that your set could have been after Sebastian's. You used similar elements in your set as Roque Castro did, so I think it would have flowed better. To me, Sebastian's set seemed a bit more subdued than yours so there was somewhat of a drop in energy.

Regarding the mainstream comment, that was primarily concerning Sebastian and I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm talking about (especially since he told me even before he was spinning that he's playing for a big room and he has to tailor his set appropriately as opposed to when he's spinning at Blue).

As you noticed, in this thread, I'm the only one who complained which clearly shows that it's a matter of personal opinion, nothing more. :D

Maybe you misunderstood, or more likely, I didn't clarify my comment. I think I came to Nocturnal on saturday expecting to hear the djs build up the energy slowly but steadily as the night progressed (not each dj trying to outdo the others by playing many bombs from their record bags), culminating, in the main room, with Stryke, who, as usual, played a phenomenal set of very high energy techno and house. We all know that opening a room is no easy task by any means. What I was trying to say was not that you should have played FOR Sebastian, but rather, kept in mind his style so as not to play tracks that release energy too soon (sometimes it's good to hold back). Each dj has their own style... that's what differentiates you all. But I arrived at midnight and you were already banging it out with some pretty well known latin house bombs. So that's what I meant when I said the time slots could have been arranged better (and I know this was entirely out of your control). You could have played exactly what you played except that your set could have been after Sebastian's. You used similar elements in your set as Roque Castro did, so I think it would have flowed better. To me, Sebastian's set seemed a bit more subdued than yours so there was somewhat of a drop in energy.

Regarding the mainstream comment, that was primarily concerning Sebastian and I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm talking about (especially since he told me even before he was spinning that he's playing for a big room and he has to tailor his set appropriately as opposed to when he's spinning at Blue).

As you noticed, in this thread, I'm the only one who complained which clearly shows that it's a matter of personal opinion, nothing more. :D

did I misunderstand you again?????

Dude! each Dj trying to out do the other Dj!!!!! Playing bombs?????

Banging it out????????????

What are you talking about?????? You are talking out of your ass!

if you think that I was banging it out, you havent seen shit brother!!!!

Bro.... you keep stepping on your tounge.....

name 1 bomb that I played and you recognized, one!!!