Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hopefully everyone is ok..

sgtfury

saleen ate her when there was nothing for his fat ass to eat .

LOL. It was a scary time Koke...where people were doing anything to survive. If FEMA had gotten here sooner and given out the free meals they were supposed to, well, Saleen wouldn't have turned savage. Aw hell, I'd have eaten Lola too if Publix hadn't had generator power within a couple hours after the storm. =p

I'm in Westchester and even though I've seen FPL trucks twice around here in the past two days.....still no power....I live just a block south of Coral Park High.......just waiting for my friends with power to wake up so I can head on over there....this sucks donkey balls

I'm in South Beach, a block from Café Nexx on Lincoln Rd, I had met some of my neighbors before but never really hang out. We have a small deck on the roof, where the washer and dryers are. Since the hurricane hit, we hang out for 4 days until we got power back. Luckily, one of my neighbors works at a catering company, two blocks from here. We had charcoal, lots of steak and chicken, mixes nuts, a full bar with ice, rum, vodka, millers, buds and heinekens.

Bro, first two days conversation were cool and light...but third night night got a bit weird, one of the girls drank too much and was talking shit about some conflict she had growing up and how her mother treated her like shit, so all of a sudden it become a group therapy session, while all this bullshit was going on...I was peeking at the girl from apt # 7 and thinking to myself, hmmm...I can't believe she's a muff-diver, still...a bigger challenge...and then she would start talking about her motorcycle.

:laugh:

FPL trucks started roaming the whole beach the same day of the hurricane, trying to get as much of the business areas back up and running and also the big buildings with the high-paid apts...and then, we were left in the dark for the next two days...we could see lights all around us and yet, we were stll left in the dark...that was a bit frustratin' too...

It was cool to see the starry skies, all clear from light contamination and planes swooshing by, definitively a different experience, although I was growing a bit impatient there, I got my power back, ineternet, cable...right before I went crazy, too fucking bad we've become so dependent of technology, every time something fails we are less and less prepared to deal with it, I need to go somewhere "less civilized" for my next vacation, costa rica or macchu picchu sound like good possibilities...wilma really hit home.

whatever the case was, I'm still amazed at how we can still get power and services back up and runnning, even after something like this...how far can we go? is there any limit to our hability to bounce back? who's God? Where do we can from? what's better, pepsi or coke? these questions shall forever remain answered...por la gran puta! :biggrin:

I'm in South Beach, a block from Café Nexx on Lincoln Rd, I had met some of my neighbors before but never really hang out. We have a small deck on the roof, where the washer and dryers are. Since the hurricane hit, we hang out for 4 days until we got power back. Luckily, one of my neighbors works at a catering company, two blocks from here. We had charcoal, lots of steak and chicken, mixes nuts, a full bar with ice, rum, vodka, millers, buds and heinekens.

Bro, first two days conversation were cool and light...but third night night got a bit weird, one of the girls drank too much and was talking shit about some conflict she had growing up and how her mother treated her like shit, so all of a sudden it become a group therapy session, while all this bullshit was going on...I was peeking at the girl from apt # 7 and thinking to myself, hmmm...I can't believe she's a muff-diver, still...a bigger challenge...and then she would start talking about her motorcycle.

FPL trucks started roaming the whole beach the same day of the hurricane, trying to get as much of the business areas back up and running and also the big buildings with the high-paid apts...and then, we were left in the dark for the next two days...we could see lights all around us and yet, we were stll left in the dark...that was a bit frustratin' too...

It was cool to see the starry skies, all clear from light contamination and planes swooshing by, definitively a different experience, although I was growing a bit impatient there, I got my power back, ineternet, cable...right before I went crazy, too fucking bad we've become so dependent of technology, every time something fails we are less and less prepared to deal with it, I need to go somewhere "less civilized" for my next vacation, costa rica or macchu picchu sound like good possibilities...wilma really hit home.

whatever the case was, I'm still amazed at how we can still get power and services back up and runnning, even after something like this...how far can we go? is there any limit to our hability to bounce back? who's God? Where do we can from? what's better, pepsi or coke? these questions shall forever remain answered...por la gran puta! :biggrin:

could you repeat that :D

good recap

I'm a block away from vank dykes and I had the same experience...dark until thursday evening

had dinner at a friends who had gas stove every night...courtyard parties where everyone just sits around talking

I haven't socialized this much in years!

although it was weird that lincoln rd got power back and everyone SEEMS to be back to normal and you're still stuck without power or Internet

my thoughts go out to those that were severly affected by the storm but I have to admit it was almost a mental relief to be without cell phone, internet, TV and the need to have to report anywhere for those 4 days