Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final Scratch Question?????

I'm very interested in this set up I'm ready to buy a mac powerbook (they dont crash or freeze) but I want to know what people think good or bad about this set up. I've been Djing for 16years and Im ready to stop luggin vinyl and cds to every gig...thanks in advance!

John

hey feelgoodhouse, im also switching over but to Serato....its the best, you cant go wrong...its the same as playing with vinlys, they already give you two blank vinlys to scratch with....its the best technology that has already has come! :)...go for it......and if you cant find the MP3, just carry a few records with u :)...the most 20-30 .....and dont listen to anyone that says ITS CHEATING, because its NOT! let them dj then :)...

Mystery Hint: alot of record stores are playing on something :)

My friend has the final scratch system and i've tried it out and it's exactly like using vinyl. To me, it's probably the greatest tech advance for dj's because you can download anything you can't get your hands on anymore. Also you can plug it into any mixer which is great.

I'm very interested in this set up I'm ready to buy a mac powerbook (they dont crash or freeze) but I want to know what people think good or bad about this set up. I've been Djing for 16years and Im ready to stop luggin vinyl and cds to every gig...thanks in advance!

John

Hit up DJ Riddler. Kid knows more about it then anyone.

i have done lots of research on both and own the Fs for about 2 months now...

pioneer cdjs work seamless with fs

but my only down fall with fs is that it cant keep up with my scratching like the serato can....but if your primarily using it for house or basic scratching of hip hop its great...in general i like fs....due to using the cdjs the most....

importing all your muisc is time consumming but its worth it....great for mid week parties for me and places with limited space in a dj booth, like djais or any small booth.... i recommend a apple mac i book g4 with updated ram 1.5 gig and 80 gigs of memory i ahve the 14' monitor and its fine for me...will cost you about $2,000 for the fs and the lab top...

thanks Prime One question:

I dont want to hook up this laptop to the internet...how can I import my tracks into the laptop? Can I burn the files on cd and somehow upload them from the cd drive?

burn all the mp3 to dvd data discs......u can go on the internet with a mac...its ok...apple blocks all the shit the pc's dont...

dvd discs hold like 4 gigs of music....