Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dateline: To Catch a Predator

xlr8ted

i still believe its entrapment. at any point the decoys do not say theyre not interested or no. theyre not forcing themselves onto them. theyre being coerced and lead into...

"society provides the crime the criminal commits it"

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still believe its entrapment. at any point the decoys do not say theyre not interested or no. theyre not forcing themselves onto them. theyre being coerced and lead into...

"society provides the crime the criminal commits it"

I'm pretty sure the PJ people are just going to random chatrooms and are then being contacted by the molesters, then they move their convo to IM. If thats the case, it's not entrapment, especially if the molesters are "guiding" the convo toward a convo of a sexual nature.

i may be confused on the actual term "entrapment" according to this definition:

"ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents. "

seems these ppl are ready and willing to commit... so i guess its not entrapment then...

This guy was great.

Schumacher: Naw.. there’s nothing on me dog. Y’all thought you were going to get some green and sh*t, huh?

Hey NBC.. two words: role-playing chatroom. Dudes cause the girl was role playing, man.

Schumacher: Cause I’m not guilty.. I’m going to f’ing sue somebody.

Schumacher: I’m not guilty man. Do I look like I need 14-year-old girls? I don’t need 14-year-old girls dude. I got all kinds of girls.

tdy_lauer_chrishansenpredator_060510.ss_h.jpg

Chris Hansen, Dateline correspondent (walking in): Come on in over here. Have a seat there.

Wilusz: Oh wow. (laughs, eating cookies).

Chris Hansen, Dateline correspondent: Hungry? How does it taste?

Wilusz: Great. Wow, these are home-baked?

Hansen: Do you want time to finish your cookie?

Wilusz: Not really.

Wilusz: You know what. I don’t want this cookie. I just want to get to the beach.

"two words, role-playing chatroom"

:laugh:

sounds like nomembername

Chris Hansen, Dateline correspondent (walking in): Come on in over here. Have a seat there.

Wilusz: Oh wow. (laughs, eating cookies).

Chris Hansen, Dateline correspondent: Hungry? How does it taste?

Wilusz: Great. Wow, these are home-baked?

Hansen: Do you want time to finish your cookie?

Wilusz: Not really.

Wilusz: You know what. I don’t want this cookie. I just want to get to the beach.

how crazy~!? i saw all these on the today show, i didnt catch it when it aired, i was watching lost... anything else crazy happen?

Hansen: We’re doing a story on adults who try to meet kids on the Internet.

David Schumacher: You do look kind of familiar—

Schumacher: Alright. Hey man, I don’t want to be on—on the news, you feeling me?

Hansen: We are filming.

Schumacher: I don’t want to be on the news dog.

Hansen: Well, it’s a little late for that dog. Now if there’s anything else you want to tell me—

Hansen throwin back a "dog", AWESOME! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The decoy calls him from inside the house. It takes our decoy awhile to get him inside and when she does I come out.

Chris Hansen, Dateline correspondent: No, I need you to come over here, please.

He indicates to me he’s deaf...

Hansen: Oh, it’s okay. Can I show you something? Can you read something?

And then he heads for the door. And then the police make the arrest.

:laugh:

Hansen: Do you know that this is illegal to send something like this to someone you think is underage?

Coffen: Yeah, oh and it won’t happen again. I can tell you that much.

Then he tries to explain it all away as one big computer glitch.

Coffen: I shut down my computer and stuff and my computer messed up.

Hansen: Your computer—so it just, what magically typed itself like a player piano?

Coffen: No, it’s messed up, I’m saying I have a virus in it and stuff.

Hansen: Well, what’s messed up in this conversation. What was your intent today? Just to babysit until…

Coffen: No just come over to say hi that was it.

But how will he explain that online the decoy asked him to bring condoms and he just happens to have them in his shirt pocket.

Coffen: I always carry ‘em on me.

Hansen: You always carry them right there in your pocket?

Coffen: Well, yeah if I sit on them they end up getting crushed.

Hansen: Do you see how this looks Thomas?

Thomas: Yeah… it looks bad.

This guy was def retarded...

Emily: Hey come on in.

Donald Morrison: Hello.

Emily: Hey I just made some cookies. Just take a seat. I’ll be right there.

Morrison: You got a big house.

Emily: Yeah, it’s great. Try one of my cookies. They’re so good.

Morrison: Chocolate chips, my favorite.

Emily: Mine, too.

Morrison: Well, I make ‘em for Christmas. I make about ten dozen of ‘em.

Emily: Whoa. Why so many?

Morrison: Cause I usually have family in from up north. We had like 14 of us here this year.

Emily: Holy cow.

Hansen: Can I get you a glass of milk to go along with those cookies?

Morrison: Sure.

Hansen (walks in): What’s going on?

Morrison: I don’t know. I just was talking to ‘er, and she said come down and visit ‘er

Ft. Myers PD must not get a lot of action...threw every one of them to the pavement. lol

no shit, even when they had their arms up lol... see that one guy come in and just like wresting slap him and then keep running ahhahhaha

Hansen: I want you to be honest with me; if I wasn’t here tonight, and a young girl was, who was alone and willing to have sex, what do you think would have happened?

Morrison: Probably it would have happened.

Hansen: Probably would have had sex. You would have done ahead and done it.

Morrison: Probably, yes. I mean I could say honestly yes, it probably would have if she would—if she would have said “Hey, let’s go for it.”

Hansen: And you don’t see anything wrong with that.

Morrison: Yes, I do see things wrong with it, but I had lack of judgment.

And here’s a first. Before he leaves he actually thanks me.

Morrison: Thanks for kicking me in the pants and setting me straight, Chris. Am I going to get arrested?