Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does anyone knwo italian?

i can speak a lil, mostly curse words though, but if you give me the words if i read em i can probably translate, i'm fluent in french, kinda close, so maybe i can figure it out. holla back!!!

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

Originally posted by teddyruxpin:

I SPEAK SICIALINO SAME THING AS ITALIANO

I once met a dude who said he was sicilian, NOT italian and he was very adamant about the whole situ....btw i'm sober now and i'm hungry for a slice of sicilian,,,,heee hee

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

Originally posted by teddyruxpin:

I SPEAK SICIALINO SAME THING AS ITALIANO

yea Right. Sicilian and italian are almost soooo much different from each other.. i was brought up strictly sicilian (straight off the boat), and i have been fortunate enough to study and visit both italy and sicily, and let me tell you, you wouldn't be able to even compare standard italian language and sicilian dialects..

let me elaborate on that-- because sicily has been invaded so many times by various different ethinicities through history (spanish, greek, french, arabs, turks, albanians, asians, scandinavians, the list goes on...), each town in sicily has their own deviations in language that contribute to and create their own dialect, whether it's in spelling or accent, whatever... next time you say something like that, please think again. thanx.

peace-- daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

I was in Florence for a couple months so if its not too complicated I can probably help you out. What are the lyrics?

Cosmicgirl, as far as Sicily.. Its the bomb!!! I got so hooked up everywhere I went, talking rides , mafia invites and crazy "villa" parties. I recommend Syracusa as the best party town, but that's mostly cause of the great people I met. It totally depends on who you meet,- the moment, you know. ANy questions about great spots I'd be happy to give suggestions- I'm missing it. cwm1.gif

Originally posted by mareluna:

yea Right. Sicilian and italian are almost soooo much different from each other.. i was brought up strictly sicilian (straight off the boat), and i have been fortunate enough to study and visit both italy and sicily, and let me tell you, you wouldn't be able to even compare standard italian language and sicilian dialects..

let me elaborate on that-- because sicily has been invaded so many times by various different ethinicities through history (spanish, greek, french, arabs, turks, albanians, asians, scandinavians, the list goes on...), each town in sicily has their own deviations in language that contribute to and create their own dialect, whether it's in spelling or accent, whatever... next time you say something like that, please think again. thanx.

peace-- daniela

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU!!!! Now let me clarify something about my heritage. I'm not Italian or Sicilian. I am Maltese...from MALTA. Just because this tiny island is just 60km south of Sicily doesn't make me Italian or Sicilian. However many people I talk to from the US seem to think differently.

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA

Originally posted by cosmicgirl:

mareluna, where should i go in sicily? im going to italy for six months in january!

hmm... well, summertime and wintertime are 2 completely different scenes in sicily.. stick to the coast towns...palermo (lots of Awesome shopping, good clubs too), siracusa, messina, taormina... not much to do tho, but it's beeeyoootiful anyway! have a great time sweetie!! be careful of those italian and sicilian men!! (sometimes i think they'll hump anything that walks.. lol)

Stai attento e divertiti!!! ciao! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

Originally posted by MarioNY:

THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU THANK-YOU!!!! Now let me clarify something about my heritage. I'm not Italian or Sicilian. I am Maltese...from MALTA. Just because this tiny island is just 60km south of Sicily doesn't make me Italian or Sicilian. However many people I talk to from the US seem to think differently.

ur welcome! hehe anytime..

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

mario, your from Malta!! how friggin cool i think that is. my first maltesian that i've met. hehe. i'm like the UN as far as my friends are concerned, i've got friends from all sorts of unheard of, original places as well as from every corner of the world. i think cultures are so interesting, at the risk of sounding hokey, so what am i doing studying medicine? good question.... as for me i'm syrian, tired of being called greek or saudi arabian, just because i'm arabic/syrian doesnt mean i'm a terrorist or muslim for that matter. so i agree mario, people generalize before they even ask.

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."