Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got caught smoking weed on the street.

xxboxx

I was with a freind sparking b4 school, and we got arrested. They checked ou background, saw we had NO history whatsoever and let us go with a ticket that says i must appear in court on dec 13th. They said i had posession in the 5th degree (misdemeanor Class B) The cops said that i will probably just get a 100$ ticket. THE MOST. No community service or anything.

But people are telling me i could get a 500 dollar ticket...go to jail for 15 days...etc etc.

Im starting to get a little nervous. Is anyone familiar with this process? I only had a gram on me and my freind had a bowl which they put in HIS file and i wasnt associated with the charge of parafanelia.

Any help?

if you got a DAT ( desk appearance ticket) you have to go to court..i was arrested and got the same thing. a teacher of mine who was a retired sergeant said it would look better if you appeared at court with a parent. just some advice....i didnt have to go to anything because my pops nd bball coach were cops

if you got a DAT ( desk appearance ticket) you have to go to court..i was arrested and got the same thing. a teacher of mine who was a retired sergeant said it would look better if you appeared at court with a parent. just some advice....i didnt have to go to anything because my pops nd bball coach were cops

I did get a DAT. So Gmoney, whats the WORST case scenario? The violation code i got says that its a misdemeanor b because it was in public.

i had a friend who got caught with less then a gram on him while smoking a joint in public...ended up getting an asshole judge who probably didn't get laid the night before. gave him a $500 fine plus 30 hours of community service or some bullshit like that

either way, you deserve what you get you little pothead

... get a lawyer. Then maybe you can get it dismissed.

...good advice.

the fact that you don't (i'm sorry... DIDN'T!) have a record will defenitely help. you will NOT go to jail. you will def have to pay a fine and or do community service. def get a lawyer. it's amazing what those fuckers can do. it also may be a bit trickier if you were caught on or near school ground.

good luck. don't sweat too much. get a lawyer... and stop smoking in public.

p.s. - your friend having paraphenalia in a public place is a bitch. strangely a worse offense than having weed. he won't know anything 'till they send it to a lab, scrape it, and get results. if his aunt sally smoked crack with that pipe, two years ago at a family barbecue...he's fucked!

I was with a freind sparking b4 school, and we got arrested. They checked ou background, saw we had NO history whatsoever and let us go with a ticket that says i must appear in court on dec 13th. They said i had posession in the 5th degree (misdemeanor Class B) The cops said that i will probably just get a 100$ ticket. THE MOST. No community service or anything.

But people are telling me i could get a 500 dollar ticket...go to jail for 15 days...etc etc.

Im starting to get a little nervous. Is anyone familiar with this process? I only had a gram on me and my freind had a bowl which they put in HIS file and i wasnt associated with the charge of parafanelia.

Any help?

if it happened in the city, your fine, if it happened on long island, get a lawyer... and if it happened in nassau county, your fucked!'

I walked out of the latin hip hop conference at SOB's just a couple months ago with a corona in my hand. Drunk as hell, I was walking back to my hommies car. An undercover in a taxi cab asked me what I was drinking, I said corona, he said here's a ticket.

Didnt pour it out, didnt even search me. I went to court in NYC, what a joke. My judge looked like Ben Stein (clear eyes, wow) and my lawyer was a rabi.... long story short, I paid a $15 fine..

now if this happened in Long Island, Nassau county, oh... the nightmare...

did they get evidence of it? if they have the actual blunt or weed you will have to pay a fine, or argue for and a.c.d. an acd is adjournment in consideration of dismissal, which means if you stay out of trouble for like 6 months it will be erased and like you never got bagged. if they have no evidence fight it, most likely the cops wont be there, and its such a small crime that the court wont bother to investigate, plead not guilty and they will straight up dismiss it. this happened to me last year, but they had no evidence at all so the case was dismissed completely. if you pay the fine it means that you are guilty, and you dont want that on ur record in case a job in the future asks, so your best bet is to just fight it. worst case is you lose and have to pay a fine, best case you wont have to do shit and it will be dismissed.

The cops said that it gets erased after 6 months probation and only a judge can unseal the file in rare/serious ocassion.

hate to break it too you...COMPLETE BULLSHIT. technically, it's not on you're permanent record, but anytime you have any other trouble with the law and a cop looks at your sheet, it shows up. it just can't be used gainst you legally.

if it happened in the city, your fine,

the nypd treats people who smoke weed in public like some sort of sleeper cell. it's called the famous "quality of life" campaign. three years ago i was arrested outside a club in a "sweep" of the area. got to the 9th precinct where 17 people had been arrested. 16 for pot and 1 poor guy for fucking pan-handling!!!! kid asked an undercover for a quarter and they locked him up.

oooh the serious crimes in alphabet city! lucky the streets were clean of any real danger that night!

hate to break it too you...COMPLETE BULLSHIT. technically, it's not on you're permanent record, but anytime you have any other trouble with the law and a cop looks at your sheet, it shows up. it just can't be used gainst you legally.

seriously, its a violation. Its the same as getting a beer ticket... depending on where you got caught of course.

and seriously now, the only thing that can really fuck your life up is a felony. Weed is a joke, as a matter of fact, Colorado just made it legal to carry up to 1 ounces on you...

I cant smoke my piff right now, and I am pretty mad about it. I drink every weekend, and it sucks. It puts a belly on you, you get violent, and do and say stupid shit...

http://technicianonline.com/story.php?id=012638

Now that marijuana has been legalized in Denver, the "Mile High City" definitely means something new.

Denver residents voted 54 percent to 46 percent to legalize the possession of an ounce of marijuana for those over 21 years of age

the nypd treats people who smoke weed in public like some sort of sleeper cell. it's called the famous "quality of life" campaign. three years ago i was arrested outside a club in a "sweep" of the area. got to the 9th precinct where 17 people had been arrested. 16 for pot and 1 poor guy for fucking pan-handling!!!! kid asked an undercover for a quarter and they locked him up.

oooh the serious crimes in alphabet city! lucky the streets were clean of any real danger that night!

well, when they are thirsty, it looks as though they will arrest you for anything... I mean, a quarter? Just plain thirsty.

beware of thirsty cops!

I bet he was like "don't tell my parents! They're gonna kill me!"

I hope you people are just like this cause its on the computer and its fine to fuck around in txt on msg boards. But if your really like this in real life, that kinda sucks. Yes..i begged for mercy. Actually to be 100% honest. I was just fine..talking with ymy freinds..kinda getting a laugh out of it(being ive never been arrested). BUTTTT today after doing research, yes i started shitting my pants a little. And the problem is??

<shaking head> your funny.