Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Got caught smoking weed on the street.

xxboxx

did they get evidence of it? if they have the actual blunt or weed you will have to pay a fine, or argue for and a.c.d. an acd is adjournment in consideration of dismissal, which means if you stay out of trouble for like 6 months it will be erased and like you never got bagged. if they have no evidence fight it, most likely the cops wont be there, and its such a small crime that the court wont bother to investigate, plead not guilty and they will straight up dismiss it. this happened to me last year, but they had no evidence at all so the case was dismissed completely. if you pay the fine it means that you are guilty, and you dont want that on ur record in case a job in the future asks, so your best bet is to just fight it. worst case is you lose and have to pay a fine, best case you wont have to do shit and it will be dismissed.

Awesome advise. THANKS TONY

The ACD part was definitly alot of help. The officer mentioned something like that but i didnt hear him well enough. As for evidence. Yes, they took the bag. and the pipe(which was put under someone elses file, i wasnt charged with that).

When they arrested me though, they didnt read me ANY rights. I would love to use that for a dissmisal, but i dont know, there is no proof. I might as well just lose some money in getting a lawyer, and have him clean this up. New rule. Only smoking at home. Oh well, a lesson well learned. I used to smoke everytime id travel. Now i refuze. Common sense? yes. But i guess it sometimes takes a little jolt to have it fully kick in. Im sure we've all blazed in the streets at one point or walked around with something illegal. But we never think about it. All it takes is once i guess.

I just hate that beacuse it was in public. It became criminal and not just a ticket on the spot. Misemeanor B :(

i got caught on wall street blazing during my lunch break while i was an intern. i got a summons to go to court. i showed up, sat for like half an hour amongst drunk degenerates and homeless peeps until they called my number/case. my number was called, the judge looked at me and told me not to waste his time, and i and my charge was dismissed. i was also with a guy friend who was dismissed for the same charge. we also both had nothing on our records, it was a joke. as long as you show up you're fine. don't stress it, honestly. i'm a girl and i didn't even stress it.

Now that your being str8 up. Thanks. And i guess i know its true, but eh, its one of those situations where it eats you up with paranoia. I got 30 days till i can truly relax.

DETROIT is a str8 up type of guy once you get to know him...

oh and one more piece of advice, i wouldn't blaze between now and then because I've heard that sometimes they will test you on the spot to see if you are a regular smoking or not.

^ i have heard the same.

And kitty, do you recommend a lawyer? Just to be sage (gr so much $$)

and the thing is. They arrested me. Brought me in and locked me up. You just got a ticket? GRRR

Im still annoyed that when they cuffed me they didnt read my rights. WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THAT? Who would beleive me.

Im still annoyed that when they cuffed me they didnt read my rights. WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THAT? Who would beleive me.

i used to think the same thing... my lawyer said people watch too much "Law & Order" and that's not technically the case. can't remember exactly why?

stop stressing. you're young. no record and you seem like someone who a judge will know that you have learned from your mistake.

seriously, its a violation. Its the same as getting a beer ticket... depending on where you got caught of course.

and seriously now, the only thing that can really fuck your life up is a felony. Weed is a joke, as a matter of fact, Colorado just made it legal to carry up to 1 ounces on you...

I cant smoke my piff right now, and I am pretty mad about it. I drink every weekend, and it sucks. It puts a belly on you, you get violent, and do and say stupid shit...

http://technicianonline.com/story.php?id=012638

Now that marijuana has been legalized in Denver, the "Mile High City" definitely means something new.

Denver residents voted 54 percent to 46 percent to legalize the possession of an ounce of marijuana for those over 21 years of age

Yeah, Denver leagalized it... but Colorado said that state law applies, not city law. So guess what? Weed is still illegal.

You guys watch too much T.V. with all the lawyer talk. It was just pot! I think some people are confusing from the “intent to sellâ€, from "possession". Get to court as early as possible to find your D.A. and talk to them. If your D.A. doesn’t know his ass from his elbow request another one. They will not sentence you the first time you go. The first time is just to get the paper work through and to set a date for your next appearance most of the time. Plead guilty, negotiate a fine, confess that you use to have a problem with drugs and you admit you got so sloppy with it that you did it in public. Get a name of a therapist to show proof that you are talking to someone be a friend or even go to one session with one. Negotiate that you are willing to do public service and offer something like 100-120 hours. With all that ask for it to be taken off your record after a year. (It is possible.) The whole idea of getting a lawyer makes you look like you are trying to hide something you did. You did something, and you got caught. Fess up, admit to it and the judge will show you the same respect.

^ your totally right, but its not THAT severe. As the post stated. Its a DAT - desk apearance. No DA's or anything like that. NOWHERE NEAR THAT. and relax. I am fessingup, im just trying to get some advise on how to minimize the situation. Thats all.

Im guilty of criminal possession in the 5th. mis-d B

No lawyer. Stop watching T.V.Don't show up in a suit. (I don't know why but it just looks, well I just don't know why). Look clean, wear nice pants, clean shoes, shirt and tie. I know so many people and myself who have gone through this. If you don't have to worry about a D.A., you’re likely to just end up doing some community service. (Forget the whole drug problem thing.)

either way, you deserve what you get you little pothead

now let me ask Mr. Weedhead, was it worth it?

Your starting to sound like headsucker .. stop that ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you compile all the serious replies, you have about every possible outcome already laid out before you. the sad truth over all ... the final outcome is all based on the mood of the judge that day. A lawyer for a BS situation like this is only needed if you really want to get that ACD. ACD is really the best outcome above all. There will be no record of it ever happening. The mis-d part is a bit shitty cause you will have a record, but its not a big deal. The cost for a lawyer could be up to 350, that is what i got quoted when a friend had to deal w/ similar BS. If you plead not guilty you will have to go back to court and then you will have to explain yourself. This might not be the wisest move because, again, depending on the mood of the judge, he might go down on you twice as hard for wasting time.

You guys watch too much T.V. with all the lawyer talk. It was just pot! I think some people are confusing from the “intent to sellâ€, from "possession". Get to court as early as possible to find your D.A. and talk to them. If your D.A. doesn’t know his ass from his elbow request another one. They will not sentence you the first time you go. The first time is just to get the paper work through and to set a date for your next appearance most of the time. Plead guilty, negotiate a fine, confess that you use to have a problem with drugs and you admit you got so sloppy with it that you did it in public. Get a name of a therapist to show proof that you are talking to someone be a friend or even go to one session with one. Negotiate that you are willing to do public service and offer something like 100-120 hours. With all that ask for it to be taken off your record after a year. (It is possible.) The whole idea of getting a lawyer makes you look like you are trying to hide something you did. You did something, and you got caught. Fess up, admit to it and the judge will show you the same respect.

not true i have had a lawer present everytime i got to criminal court. And every time i get a bs summonce it gets thrown out. I dont even have to plead anything usually.

But yea, if you get a good lawyer you will most likley get that shit dismissed and not have to pay anything (to the city). But you have to pay the lawyer. Thats why its good to have friends that will take care of you. If you dont know anyone, which i am assuming you dont becasue you are asking for legal advice on CP, then just go and plead guilty

I was with a freind sparking b4 school, and we got arrested. They checked ou background, saw we had NO history whatsoever and let us go with a ticket that says i must appear in court on dec 13th. They said i had posession in the 5th degree (misdemeanor Class B) The cops said that i will probably just get a 100$ ticket. THE MOST. No community service or anything.

But people are telling me i could get a 500 dollar ticket...go to jail for 15 days...etc etc.

Im starting to get a little nervous. Is anyone familiar with this process? I only had a gram on me and my freind had a bowl which they put in HIS file and i wasnt associated with the charge of parafanelia.

Any help?

you will be fine , people prob responded the same but I did not read,

unfortunately have plenty of experience with this ,

you got a desk appearance ticket, go to court they will check your record, see it is clean and give you either community service, fine, both but absolutely no jail time

just dress nicely, and be on time for court

pretty sure it stays on your permanent record as well...

now let me ask Mr. Weedhead, was it worth it?

no it will get knocked down to a violation if it was a misd , most likely

or judge will give you a acd, and seal your record after a certain amount of time,

they don't always look to fuck up your life,

if you really worried, you walk in there with a lawyer, and he will speak for you , but be prepared to pay for him,

but I gotten a few DATS and I just go there and see the judge, and take what they give....

No I am not a criminal, just habitually in the wrong place and the wrong time...

^ i have heard the same.

And kitty, do you recommend a lawyer? Just to be sage (gr so much $$)

and the thing is. They arrested me. Brought me in and locked me up. You just got a ticket? GRRR

nothing, I have never been read my rights ever

nearly impossible to prove, and worthless to fight in suck a bullshit case, they argue that is murder charges and shit cause defense lawyers will say the confession was illegal

this is so not serious .....

Wait, i forgot about the last sentence. So you suggest NOT to have a lawyer? That would actually be great. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

What do you guys say:

Lets start a poll..lol LAWYER OR NO LAWYER?

I wouldn't even bring a lawyer...

its a violation. no different from a parking ticket.

i remember back in like 1994 or so they use to have the pot festival in NYC, at one of the parks(cant remember cause I got so high), everyone blazing away...

seriously, its a joke. You have nothing to worry about. its not even a possession charge

my beer ticket is no different from your pot ticket, so dont stress it... just stay away from thirsty cops

Get some...

sour cream and onion chips...with some dip, man. Some beef jerky. Some peanut butter. Get some Haagen Dazs ice cream bars. A whole lot. Make sure chocolate. Gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn. Bread. Popcorn. Graham crackers. Graham crackers with the marshmallows, the little marshmallows. And little chocolate bars and we'll make some smores, man.

Yeah, that's what im sayin', yo.

Also celery, grape jelly, Captain Crunch with the little crunch berries. Pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man. With everything on 'em. and water, whole lot of water.

And... funions..... Yeah.

- That's it ?

- Yeah.

- Anything else ?

- Oh, yeah.

Get me a box of condoms, and, um, what's that stuff ? We used to eat it all the time back in the day.

-Oh yeah Pussy. That's right.