Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Power Suit Help....

Guest onisakura

Guest onisakura

Ok, im moving to the big apple in mid January and im starting to get calls for interviews. Well guess what, after years of business casual i no longer have any suits.

Whats a good power suit in the city?

actually, just switched jobs.

on the interview (which ended in an offer), i wore a classic black pant suit.

it had a nice cut for my body and i added a colorful top, just to show my personality.

i went conservative. but, i think the most important thing is to wear something you feel confident in, because you project that confidence when you know you look and feel your best. good luck.

Definately gray because of its versatility. For examply, say you go for an interview at a very conservative firm, such as Goldman Sachs. The most conservative suit is a gray one. Gray is definately the way to go as your first one. Then you can get whatever, such as black or navy or pinstripes.

Just make sure the suit has 3 layers: the outside wool fabric, the inner silk lining, and the "skeleton", which gives it its structure, which is in between the lining and outer fabric.

As long as you follow theese guidelines, you're good to go.

Also, with your first suit especially, stick with a 2-button. It's more classic than the 3-button, which is a bit dated right now.

Ok, im moving to the big apple in mid January and im starting to get calls for interviews. Well guess what, after years of business casual i no longer have any suits.

Whats a good power suit in the city?

what type of position are you looking for? Id dress a little different for an investment banker position than a graphics designer....

Guest onisakura
what type of position are you looking for? Id dress a little different for an investment banker position than a graphics designer....

Paralegal at a law firm. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Howie, im gonna have to beat you. *lol*