Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel NYC Pix and Old Fliers

hey there. I drove by the old Tunnel where I used to DJ and seeing it empty the way it is was kinda eerie so I posted a few pictures and some old fliers on my site if anyone wants to feel the energy again for a minute.

Happy Holidays,

Renegade

http://www.djrenegade.com

OH shit man whats up bro, ya remember me man i did one of your flyers at the tunnel days!..

See ya later man !

M.

funny, two days ago i was driving past the tunnel and feeling all nostalgic - and then i go on to see this! wow, that is a throwback. thanks for all the great memories!

its funny because everyone has been going on about how they miss the tunnel and how they miss twilo and how limelight was so much better back in the day and how great it would be if the scene was the way it used to be. i guess, though, we've all grown up a little bit, we've come to expect a lot more from the scene, and now how do we cope with the kids who are only 16 now, just discovering parties the way we did... how many of us old-schoolers realized that they could enjoy music without drugs, or unfortunately that they could enjoy drugs without music.. and then there are the people who will always see dance music as far more than oscillators and samplers operating in unison, etched into vinyl or encoded as notches in a disc.... and how whenever anybody says "this isn't music, it's just noise" it's just time to laugh and say, the way everyone's always said about music, if you don't get it, nobody can explain it to you.