Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Happy Funksgiving @ Boombox Last Nite (B-Side does it again)

funketeer

So I went to my sister's house and yeah...vandalized my brother in law's refrigerator ;)

Got back to the beach from Pembroke at around 9 and went to my friend's Carlos for some tequila shots and fun conversation with my closest friends, Carlos' dad is a great conversationalist and we ended up talking about telepathy and out of body experiences...I had at least 3 out of body experiences and he's mastered the discipline of telepathy, sometimes communicates with relatives and allegedly makes them pick up the phone and call him, his sons are witnesses to this...wicked! :eek:

Right after Carlos' dad left, our two spaniard friends, Rafa and Alberto showed up, so we coherced them onto trying the tequila...now, this tequila is not your over the counter Cuervo, nuh...this one was actually bought at the town of Tequila, Mexico at a privately owned barrica (tequila distiller) trust me, that shit was goooooood!

At around 11pm I got a call from B-Side, he wanted to know if I had been there while he was away, so I told him I was going with some friends right after we were done with our tequila ritual...nothing dissolves a thanksgiving pig-out like agabe juice...everything you know is wrong ;)

We showed up at Boombox and as walked in, B was chillin' getting ready to take over decks, we found a nice spot and made it our bastion for the rest of the night...funky beats were flying, Mikkel Danker and Aaaron Feld were alternating and throwing down an assortment of latin funk, including the likes of Everything But The Girl and Jamiroquai, my feet began to slide from here to there and I was ready for slippin and sliding, yeah.

Anywho, B took decks and keep throwing really funky shit, perfect match for Mikkel and Aaaron had been doing, the format was crytal clear and the continuity between all three djs was subtle and unobtrusive for the untrained ear...my friends, who hadn't been to Boombox nor heard B-Side before were very excited about what they were hearing and me...well, I was one proud host, glad I told them to come with me...they always treat me quality entertainment and it was a simple easy way to pay the gesture back...we all had a blast...yeah, took some pics on the vintage photo machine and theyre now hangin' on the wall...of course, had to do it, had to do it!

It's 5:45am now, I'm not tired or anything but I gotta catch some Zs for tomorrow...mind ya, the weekend hasn't even started and I already indulged myself with killer music, good friends, delicious food, generously served drinkies...we're doing it, we're doing it...did I mention the weather kicks ass???

Thanks B-Side, Mikkel Danker, Aaaron Feld and the whole Boombox staff, you guys rocked the house! :rock:

Happy Funksgving everyone!

:beer:

good times last night - great to see some proper house heads and DJs passing through. As always - thanks to the NG duo for the warm welcome - hope you guys dig the new cd. Music was great only downside is that the ventilation in that place needs some serious rethinking. When your eyes are watering and you can smell the smoke permiating off you when u r IN the venue... stinks (no pun intended - well... ok maybe). It was great to here b-side finally play. Great tunes, great peeps and an all around great vibe. I definitely see this building into something faaaaaaaaaaantastic!

See you all next week!!!

-EMC

A super big thanx to EVERY-1 who came out....

I was pleasently surprised byt how many of the OLD lounge 16 heads in the house...

We had the place rockin' pretty late.

Much Fun... look forward to more good time at the BOX!

Peace,

B~